ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    RSA Trophies ship in six days...!!!!!

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RSA Trophies ship in six days...!!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Woo-Hoo! I just got five pages of paperwork on my trophies from last April.
Kudu, Gemsbok,Water Buck; all shoulder mounts, and a full mount of my Caracal.

Everything was crated and ready to go air freight four weeks ago, and then CITES reared its ugly head. Seems the Caracal was an issue with them. Four weeks of running around getting some permits for Charlene at Zingela Forwarders.
It is done, and she just sent me five pages of routing information. May 18th, Jo-berg (OR Tambo) to Zurich, May 19th, Zurich to NYC to Fauna & Flora. Then to the man cave here.

Yes, you might categorize me as wound up...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I'm glad they got that caracal sorted out. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the man cave.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Still waiting to hear what the issue was with the caracal. It's my understanding that a CITES permit is not required. What was the hold up?

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who knows? It was in RSA and that was what they told me. Could have been Ministry of Messing with American Hunters, or who knows who...
I did NOT have to pay out anything, so I am okay.

I have nine pages of paperwork attesting to the fact that the cat is clear to travel. By the 24th or so, my nephew and a buddy and I will be hanging them.

Pictures will follow shortly there after.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One would think you are the first person from USA to import a Caracal from RSA. cuckoo

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rich. As I said earlier, since leopard tags were unavailable I'll be trying hard for a caracal in addition to bushbuck & other plains game like eland not yet taken. Hopefully a hyena as well. Wanted to make sure to avoid any issues if possible.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Rich,

Hope that you are doing well and that Fauna & Flora has delivered your Trophies to you by now. Please remember to send me pictures once they are on the wall !!

Koos & Charlene
Zingela Forwarders
www.zingelaforwarders.co.za

Posts: 7 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of problems with a Caracal...

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pegleg,

I will just take that as a "not jealous" comment in the way of confirming that I DO have one more than you at the present time.

Everything arrived safe and sound, due in no small part to the assistance of Koos and Charlene at Zingela. Charlene even made a few phone calls here to make sure I was kept abreast of the itinerary. I highly recommend them if you hunt RSA.

I hope to get everything set during this week.
I will post pictures.

thanks,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
congats rich hope you get them safe back home. i too am waiting for my trophies from last year in namabia lee

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I will just take that as a "not jealous" comment in the way of confirming that I DO have one more than you at the present time.

Calm down, Rich. There is no such thing as a caracal trump card.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will,

are you sure?

Anyway, I got them all up, and am finishing a short report on how us working class guys can enjoy hunting Africa, and have a modest display.

The joy in the past couple of weeks is overwhelming just being able to walk out into the gun room and see them all up on walls. It brings back all of the great memories of those two hunts, and the magnificence of Africa.

thanks to all for your comments, positive and not-so... Naysayers just make my experiences in Africa more enjoyable to recall.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of Omega
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will,

are you sure?

Anyway, I got them all up, and am finishing a short report on how us working class guys can enjoy hunting Africa, and have a modest display.

The joy in the past couple of weeks is overwhelming just being able to walk out into the gun room and see them all up on walls. It brings back all of the great memories of those two hunts, and the magnificence of Africa.

thanks to all for your comments, positive and not-so... Naysayers just make my experiences in Africa more enjoyable to recall.

Rich

This post is worthless with out pictures!! dancing

Posts: 72 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 01 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
quote:

Calm down, Rich. There is no such thing as a caracal trump card.

LOL. -Atta boy Will!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who was doing your taxidermy? I am still waiting for my mounts from 2009 from Highveld?

Meat Eater.

Posts: 120 | Location: Northern Ohio | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote