Find
Notify
Tools

New African Hunting Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello All,
Merry Christmas and thank you for all your support this past 2018 season.

Buchanan Hunts is very excited to announce A new hunting show series on the PURSUIT CHANNEL.

Take a look at the sizzle reel link below, I'm sure that throughout the series some of you will recognise the familiar faces from Africa!!

Airing 3rd January 2019 @ 730pm Standard Time and every Thursday thereafter Jan - June 2019

THIS IS AFRICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...LA8&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 107 | Registered: 04 September 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it! Looks like it is filmed in hi-def too? That along with multiple destinations and unique trophies should make it a "must watch"!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anxious to see it. There is a need for something different in hunting shows, not just the rackem stackem. It should capture the EXPERIENCE of hunting Africa.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bama15:
Anxious to see it. There is a need for something different in hunting shows, not just the rackem stackem. It should capture the EXPERIENCE of hunting Africa.

The first half of that video had plenty of rackem stackem...

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this show. The market is there for a quality series.

Posts: 3869 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it as well. I checked the programming on the Pursuit Channel so I could set the DVR to record it. I cannot find the show listed anywhere. It is not listed on the Pursuit Channel website either. Possible change?

Happy Christmas...…..LL

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of the Pursuit Channel..Confused

Posts: 2595 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never heard of the Pursuit Channel..

It is Channel 393 on Dish. It looks like a good show. I will watch it. Cool

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the show

Tim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
quote:
Never heard of the Pursuit Channel..

It is Channel 393 on Dish. It looks like a good show. I will watch it. Cool

Thank you Slider!

Posts: 2595 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got it on DVR, 4:00 am MST 1/1/2019 on the Pursuit Channel

Sitatunga in Zambia, don't see that one on your typical Africa show

Happy New Years to me!!

Looks like it will be a great show

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I don’t get it here. I have Spectrum (fka Charter) and bought a “Sportsman Package” for the very little I watch and that currently is only Outdoor TV, as there were spats just as there might have been political pressure. I don’t know. I’ve been meaning to drop them, but keep forgetting.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3435 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone.... please click on this link to find the details and different air times.

http://pursuitchannel.com/portfolio/this-is-africa/

The Thursday slot is the day that each new episode airs. We have have got sitatunga hunts in Zambia, buffalo hunting in Uganda..... tuskless elephant in Zimbabwe and loads more that we have been super busy with all season! Look forward to hearing what u all think and what u would like to see more or less of. Also visit our website and download our new app so u can be kept up to date with everything and get to see "behind the scenes" including the bloopers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuchananHunts:
Hey everyone.... please click on this link to find the details and different air times.

http://pursuitchannel.com/portfolio/this-is-africa/

The Thursday slot is the day that each new episode airs. We have have got sitatunga hunts in Zambia, buffalo hunting in Uganda..... tuskless elephant in Zimbabwe and loads more that we have been super busy with all season! Look forward to hearing what u all think and what u would like to see more or less of. Also visit our website and download our new app so u can be kept up to date with everything and get to see "behind the scenes" including the bloopers

Can’t wait!

Posts: 1873 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bama15:

Why... don't like Sure Fire commercials?.. jumping

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In some shows I have seen bits of the so called “sponsors” tend to go too far, and treat the viewers as they were idiots!

Imagine if someone made a half decent hunting show, and at both the beginning and end made a statement who is sponsoring it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67212 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure wish Spectrum would carry this channel.

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it!

I was sick recently and as I was laid up, I had little to do but watch tv!

I saw some horrible shows on the outdoor and pursuit channel. This looks to
be much better.

Posts: 2644 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Is there any chance this will be offered Streaming or by the Episode?

I cut the cable cord a long, long time ago...

Good Luck with the show!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
DVR set!

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I will watch.

~Ann

Posts: 19186 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you dont have access to the pursuit channel you can download thier app very easily and live stream or watch past episodes!! The app is available for android and apple phones and you can just go to your play store/ app store on your phone and download for free!!

**if you type in pursuit channel it comes up saying "pursuitup" with a blue logo

Happy watching and look forward to your comments .....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
What is the name of the app?

I cannot fund it under PURSUIT??!

Posts: 67212 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The name of the app is PURSUITUP

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Found it.

I kept searching for app instead of up!

Looked at their website, looks interesting, but could not find any place one can subscribe.

Only place to log in.

I have sent them a message asking if they offer their channels worldwide.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay I have sent my contact there an email too. I believe that once an episode has aired we can place it on our social media platforms like website YouTube etc but I need to treble check that and will let you know as if that's the case then every week we shall upload so those of us who dont get it on Africa can watch it on there too

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched the first episode yesterday. Great show! We loved everyone's enthusiasm and raw, realism that came from everyone.

Thank you Buchanan Hunts. You are representing hunters and Africa in a positive light. We look forward to more adventures.

Safe hunting and safe travels.

LL

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to being on YouTube etc.
Hope this will happen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your support, the aim of the show is to portray hunting for what it rely is without sounding like a angry pro-hunting activist , And we are glad to hear from SFRanger7GP that that message came across in the first episode . Buchanan Hunts has complete reigns over the overall message of the TV show with the full support of our three sponsors , We,d love to hear more feedback and suggestions from the AR family so feel free everyone to let us know what you think or come have a chat with us at SCI in Reno at the swift ammo booth #223 or at the DSC in the Buchanan Hunts Booth #4340.. We are all very passionate about our wildlife and hunting and we truly believe that you can all contribute to help changing the grey light that is cast over the hunting industry.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new show. A different, very crisp look. The camera work is a serious cut above in my opinion. Hoping the following episodes are as good!

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crane ... thank you. And the episodes only get better