New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tony DeCosta
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted with Tony. He has some great looking deals?

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
<socal hunter>
posted
I looked in to tony. I went with expeditions by ron. Itis a little more expensive but you getwhat youpay for. the place I am going is www.mopane.co.za. I am in atlantarightnow getting ready tofly to rsa in the morning.

one of us
posted Hide Post
h Kettle,

I have a friend that hunted with Tony DaCosta and had a really good trip. He had no problems during the hunt and plans to return. The one negative thing was one of the ranches was rather small where he hunted Eland.

Hawkeye47

one of us
posted Hide Post
My son and I hunted thru Tony, with NumZaan safaris in RSA. It was a great hunt, and most of the 21 animals that we took were of record book size. The Nyala photo, in all of my post was taken with them. I was more than satisfied.

Posts: 802 | Location: Alabama, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I've booked several hunts through Tony with Numzaan Safaris and Frontier Safaris in South Africa. I had excellent experiences with large ranches(fair chase) and plenty of game. I've also shot some great trophies, even though I don't measure my experience with a tape. Accomadations have always been nice and food adequate and usually in large quantities. Sylvia did a thorough job in arranging travel and all the details. I can highly recommend them.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Has anyone got a web address for Tony? I can't seem to find one.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Hartley,
Glad to see you joined us!

Mikeh416Rigby,
Try www.tonydacosta.com

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Tony on 4 occasions! All hunts went off with out a flaw. Yes his hunt paks are what he says. They are a good deal and hard to beat. His wife also made all the flight arrangements and went off with out a flaw. If yo uhave any questions regarding him ask! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you checked out his web site? Tony da Costa .com

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just returned from RSA about three weeks ago. I chose Tony's Huntpak #40. This included a Kudu, Waterbuck, Gemsbok, Impala, and Warthog. Though this was my first trip to Africa and have nothing else to compare to, I feel I got my money's worth. The hunt was with Numzaan Safaris. They are a fantastic group of people. I had the pleasure of hunting with Jean Louis Viljoen as my PH. All of the animals we took were good mature animals. My Kudu even went 50".
Tony and Sylvia daCosta were at camp one night while I was there. I had e-mailed Sylvia many times before my hunt with questions. She was always eager to help a first timer. It was nice to put a face to someone on the other end. I would reccommend Tony daCosta and Numzaan Safaris to anyone

Posts: 19 | Location: Cuero, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
kittle I sent you a PM!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Tony a few years ago. The actual outfitter was Stef Swanepol of Nuumzaan Safaris. My PH was a fellow named Walter Enslin. This hunt was a 1 on 1 for both my faher and myself. All the animals we took were really good including a Cape Eland of 37 inches and a couple really good Kudu. The full bag was 2 eland, 2 kudu, 2 waterbuck, 2 blue wildebeest, 1 ostrich, 1 warthog, 3 impala and a buch of birds. Good bag with good trophies.

For the price, I was really impressed. Hunt went off without a hitch and after everything is said and done, it was a lot of fun. I've hunted with other booking agents and will hunt with others in the future, but would have no hesitation of going through Tony again. He gets a thumbs up from me.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Way to go Hartley! Can't wait to talk with you about it in Reno. Your gonna be changed forever!

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what I am afraid of.

Skip says hi and start thinking about mule deer/ antelope this coming fall. He wants to know if you are up to it again.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote