New
Find
Notify
Tools

south africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My wife and I are going to south africa in april or may 2004- we have been in contact with Kikuyu Lodge in the eastern cape and they have what looks to be a very good operation. We are about to book with them for a 10 day 8 animal hunt and my wife will come along--anyone know anything abuot these folks or have any experience or recommendations regarding their operation.

Posts: 37 | Location: vanderhoof | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
frodo,

Who will be the PH, Harry Fourie? I believe he hunts out of the Kikuyu Lodge and on other concessions in the area (I don't know if he owns the Kikuyu Lodge or just hunts out of it). The Kikuyu Lodge is relatively new, but I have seen several advertisements in the Dallas and SCI news letters. It appears to be one very nice place.

Harry Fouire has been around a while (sorry, I have no experience with him). If that is who you are hunting with, then maybe someone has direct knowledge of him.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My ph is right down the road from kikuyu. It is Harry Fourie. He has bought up a lot of the properties in the area of his farm. My wife and I
hunted caracal with his dogs and foreman of the ranch, I never met Harry though. Frodo, email a list of your want list and I will get some prices for you if you would like.

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunted on this property last year. It is lovely and has great wildlife. The lodge, which we say on the hill, looks like it was designed by the people at Disney. Beautiful. I met Harry, and he seemed a very decent chap. He has a very well trained crew who were very professional. Ku-dude

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
FRODO
You have mail in your AR inbox!
S

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted this property in the fall of 01 with Gary Tonks, as memory serves me I was the 5th hunter on the property. The lodge and chalets are impecable. The view is second to none. You look up a valley with a very nice ctream flowing toward the lodge. The cook is excellent. Harry is a good guy, I understand from him he is part owner with a couple of americans from Mich. I beleive at least that is their US address. Harry is a hell of a driver, damn near killed us at night hunting Grysbok. I only hunted Grysbok, Blue Duiker and Bushbuck on his property, we tried on another property for Cat. Our pace was slow and spent a couple of afternoons at the bar knocking back G&T nooners, then had dinner and went out (sobber) for Grysbok. Hope Harry has fixed the Zebra rugs as I damn near broke my neck slipping on them. I told Harry "you better fix these before I own the lodge". By the way the lodge is named for a type of grass. I am sure you will enjoy your stay. Take time to visit Grahamstown, very interesting and the settlers monument over looking the town.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote