ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Re: What Questions to Ask the Outfitter/Booking Agent/References?

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What Questions to Ask the Outfitter/Booking Agent/References?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
No further comments?
konst_

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On My recent safari to RSA the booking agent offered a different price than that published.
At camp when time to settle up came, they did the paperwork at published prices,when told of the other arrangements, the outfitter questioned why this would be such.
Once I pulled out a copy of the contract, they tore up the paperwork and filled in a new one with priceing the booking agent 'sold' me. We shook hands and no further discussion or hard feelings. Glad I had it. I'm sure that the outfitter and agent had their discussion later.

M77

Posts: 77 | Location: Hopefully out in the hills somewhere | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron Young with Expeditions by ron has a list of questions to ask booking agents in the hunting/ad mag he prints each year, so I asked him is own questions. He worked real hard to get me on another subject. I still booked the hunt, I had already talked to the PH......none the less I had fun doing it.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to Dis all of the questions listed, it sure looks like a comprehensive list.

I booked my very first Safari with Ray Atkinson. I have booked 3 other hunts with Ray in the past and have had nothing but good things come of them. I "trust" the man at his word. I have never checked references even though Ray told me he has a lot of them - for our trip to Africa.

I look at it this way, Ray has been doing this almost as long as I have been alive and I am no puppy, lol. Nobody is going to stay a booking agent that long if he can't be trusted.

Ray and I have never met - talked a few times on the phone - but thats it. He has been up front with me and I like that in a person. I may not always like the reply, but I do like straight forward, direct answers.

Whenever I book a hunt with a new agent I ask a gazillion questions. I have printed out the list and I thank the person for taking the time to list them.

Good hunting all,

Don

Posts: 263 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An excellent list. Several of those questions are ones I wished I had asked. Based on unfortunate experiences I would add the following:
What are they going to do when the car/boat/etc breaks down?

What happens when the PH drinks my entire weeks worth of scotch by the third day?

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote