Find
Notify
Tools

Back From RSA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted
Hunted with "Chris Broster Safaris" along the Baviians River for these animals. Took 9 animals in 8 days hunting. Excellent food, accomodations, and most importantly, people. Plenty of game and lots of fun stalks. I used my Winchester Model 70 375H&H and 250gr Sierra Gamking handloads on everything from Kudu to Springbuck.

-
 -
 -  -

[ 06-24-2003, 23:59: Message edited by: DennisHP ]

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey,
Looks like you had a great hunt! BTW is that an East Cape Kudu? The area looks really lush and green...BTW did your gameking bullets ever exit?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is the East Cape Kudu. This area was the lowest in elevation I hunted at 6000 feet and only a couple hours from the ocean and probably why it was so green compared to other areas I visited on this hunt.

Of the 9 animals shot only three kept the bullet; an Impala (shot in the neck on an elevated frontal quartering shot with the bullet ending in the off-side hind quarter), the Kudu (shot high broadside with the bullet ending under the skin on the off-side shoulder), and a Springbuck (shot while lying down facing away with the bullet ending in the off-shoulder area); clean pass throughs with small exit wounds on a Blesbuck, the Bushbuck, two Gemsbuck, a Mt. Reedbuck and a Zebra. Because of what I thought was good bullet performance, I don't plan to change a thing on my elk hunt this fall.

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Dennis,
Nice pictures. I thought that my kudu was cool because of his very dark face but after watching yours mines looks a little bit sissy [Big Grin]

It will be a shouldermount??

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Dennis,

Congratulations on a great hunt. The kudu defines Africa for me, fantastic animals.

Thanks for posting a report.

Regards,

Terry

[ 06-25-2003, 20:35: Message edited by: T.Carr ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, I can't imagine any Kudu looking "sissy". [Smile] They are all beautiful to me. Yes, it will be a shoulder mount. It had a "Swart Neck" (under correction of pronunciation and spelling) which I was told meant it's neck was black and swolen from rutting.