ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Good guy report Andrew Baldry and Thor Kirchner of Munyamadzi Safaris

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good guy report Andrew Baldry and Thor Kirchner of Munyamadzi Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hunt: AR group hunt October 2011
PH: Andrew Baldry & Thor Kirchner
Place: Luangwa Valley, Zambia
Safari Company: Munyamadzi, Zambia

I have received my trophies form the AR group hunt last year October which I have killed a lion. I have posted pictures in a previous report and wanted to share some results I have found. When my taxidermist opened the krate and pulled out the Lion skull he said a few explitives follwed by that is a big damn Lion. I remember him saying that was an old damn lion. He was so impressed we rushed into the studio where he started to measure the skull and I followed like I knew what was going on. He and his assistant measured the skull (he is SCI certified) and we found it places 50th in SCI book. He guessed the Lion is 8 years old however I'm waiting for Puala White's response due this April.

For whatever it means I would like to thank Fairgame and Thor Kirchner for a great experience on a hunt where I vibrantly remember the circle of life when the Lioness and her cubs walked within 2-3 feet of the blind. It doesn't matter the size of the trophy when you have the balls to put your life on the line, not to mention a person you met for the first time sitting next you, is beyond belief. When you listen the panting of the lioness and the calls to her cubs while the earth move's under your feet can you only say you are truely firends for life. Until you feel the power of mother nature and realize your place in the food chain regardless of rifles you realize who friends are.

I can only hope that the AR family recognize Andrew Baldry and Thor Kirchner for their support to us hunters and hope the favor is returned. These guys are truely outstanding individuals and deserve our support.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very happy for you to have taken a trophy lion and experienced wild Africa at its best.
In all likelihood and with some regret you also took the male lion of the pride you so vividly described.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was most definately not the pride lion. He was an old solo soldier that another client had passed on previously. How about not taking a ping at the guy's outstanding success?

Miko, Well done. But I must ask who is this Andrew Baldry? Could he be the most interesting man alive?

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Miko,
Congrats on your success.
Fujo,
As usual, you are a misinformed, assuming prick.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Fujo,
Being called a prick by 505 gibbs puts you in good company! Cool

Sorry Miko for cluttering your thread...my apologies!!!

BTW Brad...knowing Fujo personally...I can tell you he is one of the most knowledgeable and informed on AR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Very happy for you to have taken a trophy lion and experienced wild Africa at its best.
In all likelihood and with some regret you also took the male lion of the pride you so vividly described.

Fujotupu,
Thank you for your opinion and too bad you were not one of the guys sitting next to me, then you would understand. I understand how you jumped to a conclusion which is really a result of my bad writting skills. The Lion was not part of a pride, as Jeff mentioned, rather just an old Lion. There were two circumstances that I vividly remember the first being so close to a lioness and second many days later, like the last day,taking a specific Lion as part of conservation. Please do not jump to conclusions but rather understand and be greatful that we have PH's who care about conservation and obide by the rules.

I do not claim to be writter nor an experienced Lion hunter and I was amazed at the professional manner that these PH's exhibited. They have tought me a good deal and were willing to share in an experience with high risk. This being my 5th Safari and the fourth of the big five I think I have some knowledge to know when I see good PH's. I simply wanted to thank them and inform other AR members of there professionalism.

Miko

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are you basing this statement on one paragraph on an internet forum? Were you in Zamabia let alone Munyamadzi during this hunt?

Your passion for the welfare of the Lion is noted and appreciated but perhaps you should consider a question or two via PM next time before you decide to step on your own dick.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7607 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Miko,

Sorry this got so far off track so quickly. I'm sure Andrew and Thor appreciate your comments. Everything I've heard about these guys reflects your experience and I'm looking forward to meeting Andrew this Sept. Congrats again on the big lion.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12915 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Chaps,

We are talking different occasions and indeed different Lions. One blind saw some pride females and cubs come in and this set up was abandoned. Miko was told if the male we had targeted was now part of this pride then he would not be taken. The male we were targeting had an old female with him and it was this Lion that was identified and taken, and had been monitored for the past two years by resident PH and Munyamadzi manager Thor Kirchner (photo).

Miko's short account somewhat condenses the hunting.

Good to get into the top 50 and well done.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9889 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Chaps,

We are talking different occasions and indeed different Lions. One blind saw some pride females and cubs come in and this set up was abandoned. Miko was told if the male we had targeted was part of this pride then he would not be taken. The male we were targeting had an old female with him and this Lion was identified and taken, and had been monitored for the past two years by resident PH and Munyamadzi manager Thor Kirchner.

Miko's short account somewhat condenses the hunting.

Good to get into the top 50 and well done.

tu2

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miko:
quote:

Fujotupu,
Thank you for your opinion and too bad you were not one of the guys sitting next to me, then you would understand. I understand how you jumped to a conclusion which is really a result of my bad writting skills. The Lion was not part of a pride, as Jeff mentioned, rather just an old Lion. There were two circumstances that I vividly remember the first being so close to a lioness and second many days later, like the last day,taking a specific Lion as part of conservation. Please do not jump to conclusions but rather understand and be greatful that we have PH's who care about conservation and obide by the rules.

I do not claim to be writter nor an experienced Lion hunter and I was amazed at the professional manner that these PH's exhibited. They have tought me a good deal and were willing to share in an experience with high risk. This being my 5th Safari and the fourth of the big five I think I have some knowledge to know when I see good PH's. I simply wanted to thank them and inform other AR members of there professionalism.

Miko

Miko,

My apologies for the misunderstanding which came about as a result of insufficient and/or misleading information on your part.
When one reads what you wrote in your opening thread, the Lion taken was in all likelihood the father of those cubs - that you later gave a detailed version of the circumstances exonerates you and your PHs of any wrongdoing and further criticism.
Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

FT

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fujo, nice try in your efforts to come across as something other than a prick, but your pm to me states something different. Your rabid ranting demands that I sodomize myself and that the reason Miko was getting shit was because his writing was shit, along with your observation that my personal sexual organ was flacid, points to a more than slightly disturbed, misinformed individual. As for your observation that Miko didn't do an adequate job informing you what the situation was perhaps should cause some introspection, if you would have read the original post, you would have known the whole story. But perhaps that would have gotten in the way of your opportunity to poke fun at someone you view as worth less than yourself.

Oh, and Lane, your obvious attraction to the individual described above, is more than consistant with your m.o.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Gents, this is all a bit unseemly, might we give it a rest?

Very nice lion Miko, congratulations. beer

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Miko, congratulations on going on a great hunt and living it and talking about it.
Thanks for the positive comments.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Again my apologies for cluttering your thread Miko! Well done!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Miko..
Congratulations on your Lion
Well done by all involved.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a beauty of a Lion.

Well done to you and your crew.

Posts: 10752 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Miko,

My apologies for the misunderstanding which came about as a result of insufficient and/or misleading information on your part.

Dear Miko,

I hoped you learned a valuable lesson that writing positive hunting reports can cause others to jam their foot solidly in their mouth. I hope you're happy!

PS> Please try to be more considerate in the future and.....oh yeah....GREAT LION AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dear fujotupu,

What a gracious appology. I am moved to tears......

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
Gents, this is all a bit unseemly, might we give it a rest?

Very nice lion Miko, congratulations. beer

I agree totally. Can we make some concession for those of us who may not speak English/American as some might like or are used to? I wonder how many actually do speak "propah" English? Give it a break folks and let us enjoy the experiences!

Great job Miko and obviously Mr. Fairgame Smiler

Regards

One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
And I was wondering why people dont want to post hunt reports coffee

Nice Lion Miko well done to you and Andrew and his crew. tu2

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leopards valley safaris:
And I was wondering why people dont want to post hunt reports coffee

First off, I too agree - cool lion, and congrats to Miko and Thor. I first hunted with Thor 5 yrs ago, when he was just an apprentice with Pro-Hunt Zambia, he's a great young man! Andrew, ya he's OK too wave He sent me pics of this lion a couple months ago, and a little info on the story.

But, guys come on! We are all wearing our "big boy pants", aren't we? If everytime someone said something I didn't like, thought might hurt my "feelings", or could be taken as "offensive", I would likely never leave the damn house! Ya, Fujo was out of line here, and did a poor job of apologizing, but Miko seemed to handle it just fine. Obviously his balls are NOT forever in his wife's purse, he seems to be holding onto them himself. I just can't imagine a grown man, not being willing to post his "hunt report", because of "fear" of what someone else might say about his trophy, really? Are grown men really that sensitive???? I thought that sort of sensitivity level was left behind in Jr. High School, with the 8th grade girls debate team??

Although this particular lion was just the opposite - if you shoot a baby lion, ya you might get scolded, and rightfully so IMO. Are we more concerned about the wildlife, wildlife conservation, and the non-hunting public perception of hunting as a whole, or a hunt reporters "feelings"? I guess that's for each person to decide.

HERE'S AN EXCERPT FROM MY POST ON THE LION FORUM
I hear your point about "Hunt Reports" too, and understand your concern. As you know, I took alot of heat over the "wrldhunter" issue from 2011. I apologized for some of my tactics, have since tried to change them, but I make no apology for bringing to the fore-front, an issue that needed full attention. But the fact is, if you post on a Public Forum - you need a little thicker skin than what one sometimes see's here.

Heck man, go look at my Tanzania Hunting thread - in the "Hunts Offered" scetion. Several goof-balls, Fujo included, make all kinds of wrong/insulting/pathetic/insinuating statements & complaints, all without one ounce of fact/knowledge of the issues, as they pertained to the hunts I am offering for sale. In fact, we see that all the time on that particular forum, guys making these useless comments - but never have I seen a thread about "stop" hurting the feelings of, being mean to, or get your facts straight first before posting, as it pertains to the "Hunts Offered" forum, or the original posters?? Why the double standard?

Fact is, if you post anything on the internet - someone could take issue with it. I keep my balls firmly in my pocket, not in my girlfriend's purse - thus my feelings are not hurt easily! Miko didn't seem to be offended, and perhaps Fujo learned a lesson, just as I did?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think being courteous and respectful is a positive thing - yes, even on the internet.

People can respectfully disagree. Most of us are guilty of occasionally crossing the line. A few enjoy setting the line on fire and burning down everything around it.

I also happen to believe more people would take the time to post hunt reports if there wasn't such potential for the often over the top commentary in response. I know there are many here that are lucky enough to hunt Africa every year or so (and would post no matter the response), but for many others, the hunts are once or twice in a lifetime events they're willing to share with the rest of us. The information provided by the reports is often extremely helpful, and it's not necessary to destroy a guy's feelings about his hunt because he did what his PH told him to do. And yes, I know, if he'd have done all of his research on AR before the hunt, he'd have never pulled that trigger ....

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Reading hunting reports is something I enjoy to pass the time and unwind. I wish there were more but agree that a lot of people won't post as they don't want to be ridiculed about what they shot or the trip. I posted regarding my safari as much for my memories and a few friends to see as anything. I am sure some people thought some of my trophies were small and that is there opinion but for me they are all a trophy when they come from Africa. I hope more people post and not less. People that hammer somebody and then find out the are uninformed should be booted off from posting for a while and then maybe they will think before they speak.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Miko and thank you for sharing your story!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2079 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Miko I am so pleased everything had finally worked out for you, you deserve it.
The Lioness experience was something else. Cool heads all round resulted in quite some trophy. Honoured to have been a part of it.
Best regards
Faisal

Posts: 167 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJoe:
Reading hunting reports is something I enjoy to pass the time and unwind. I wish there were more but agree that a lot of people won't post as they don't want to be ridiculed about what they shot or the trip. I posted regarding my safari as much for my memories and a few friends to see as anything. I am sure some people thought some of my trophies were small and that is there opinion but for me they are all a trophy when they come from Africa. I hope more people post and not less. People that hammer somebody and then find out the are uninformed should be booted off from posting for a while and then maybe they will think before they speak.

It's not so much about being ridiculed.

I should imagine it's more to do with the tediousness of dealing with people who fundamentally don't realise that there is a time and place for everything, discretion especially. Wink

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
My congratulations to Miko for many reasons!

For choosing to hunt with a decent HO like Andrew Baldry. You hunted a good area with a good and decent PH like Thor, but even then success is never guaranteed, but more than likely with Andrew & Thor at Munyamadzi.
Last, but not the least, for for congratulating you is for getting a really very nice lion! And experiencing the realization of exactly where man is in th efood chain!

In short: Congratulations to all involved!

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As some of you know, I was on this hunt and Miko was my room mate. We had a blast, Andrew and Thor were terrific and the other members of the group hunt were fun guys to be around. This group hunt idea is terrific. Although I may never be able to afford a Lion hunt, it was great to be able to live vicariously through Miko. That Lion is magnificent in my eyes. Again congratulations Miko. Well done.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote