New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kikuyu Lodge?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone hunted at Kikuyu Lodge in RSA recently? Any information would be appreciated.

Posts: 83 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
hogfan,

I found this info ao a previous thread.
Search

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is recent? I hunted there in 01, I hunted with Gary Tonks of Cambadoo safaris and we hunted on this property for four days. I was one of the first hunters there as they opened for hunting in August and I was there in late Sept early Oct. I took my Cape Grysbok, Blue Duiker and Cape Bushbuck there. We were not able to sort things out for the Caracal. The facalities are great and the food is excelent. Harry is a nice guy and the staff are very nice. The chalet's have beautiful views over the river. For Cape species it is very nice.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry, thanks for the thread.

Posts: 83 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Die Ou Jagter,

Thank you for the reply. The information I have been able to gain thusfar is consistent regarding lodging and food. Sure would like to hear more about animal quality during the last season or two! Thanks again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After my post I received a call from my PH, Mark De Wet who is in the US following the convention and I ask him about K and he said he hunted there last year and everything was good. I would assume from that comment it included the quality and quanity of game. I say that because when I ask him about a property and things are not as they were he will tell me.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the follow up message. I appreciate the information. Have a good day.