New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia, June 2018 Royal Kafue
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wife and I went to Zambia- Royal Kafue with Andrew Baldry in June.

We left June 12th and flew Delta via Atlanta to JNB. Gracy Travel handled all the arrangements and everything went smooth, until we landed in Lusaka on June 14th.

The only hiccup was that a dignitary had landed at the same time and it seemed the airport personel were out of sorts. Andrew showed up and things quickly got sorted out. As we were leaving the airport we were actually held up by the VIP's motorcade.

With a late start we did not arrive at Camp Mutambashi until after dark. We did see a porcupine, honey badger (good omen), and a civet cat in the headlights as we were driving into camp.

We were greeted by camp staff and a fire.

My wife and I were absolutely trashed from the three days of travel and quickly retired. Morning greeted us with a beautiful sunrise and coffee.

We got to see camp in the daylight, that would be our home for the next 13 days.
The Chalet, comfortable with hot shower, flush toilet, running water sink.

The bar, dining room and campfire area.

I cannot say enough about the how well Andrew, his son Tom and camp staff took care of us. My wife requested two things in camp.

1. Chocolate- Ronald the camp manager and chef had her pleading no mas after about a week.

2. A hairdryer- Tebi set up a special generator for my wife to dry her hair after her nightly shower.

After a great breakfast, we set off to check rifles. Rifles checked, it was time to hunt.

The main purpose of this hunt was Sable and Buffalo for me and for my wife to see elephants. A few weeks before the hunt, Andrew and I had been conversing about various details and the subject of Roan came up.

I have to be honest, I had never really had Roan on my radar. But after having a conversation with another AR member, he stated that I should hunt Roan as they are a very different challenge from Sable. Oh, how I was to learn that lesson. Steve416 was to follow me into camp and had graciously offered up his Roan. In fact, Steve landed in Lusaka about two hours after my wife and I flew out.

So a Roan was added to the list, and whatever else the hunt offered.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the order of things happening. One of our main goals was met the very first morning.
My wife was able to see real African elephants. Needless to say, she got a little emotional, as she has been an elephant lover her whole life.

In addition she was able to watch them from camp on a daily basis.

One afternoon we drove up the floodplain after seeing a group of elephants on our side.

The closest I will ever get to holding an elephant tail.

50 yards away and an experience of a lifetime.

We did have an interesting experience when sitting around the campfire one evening, we had a visitor.

We heard some branches breaking. But we could not see anything as camp lights did not illuminate the sound origin.

With some perfect timing, the camp lights went out. As we were there during a full moon, our eyes soon adjusted to the moonlight and standing right at what was the edge of the artificial light, an elephant!

I told Andrew that he was right there.
Andrew was so enthralled in story telling, he asked what?

I said an elephant.

We were shocked and in disbelief, then the elephant flaired his ears.
Andrew stated that we should get behind the bar.

Great idea!

The elephant slowly worked his way around a tent and then off into the night.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Great start, looking forward to the rest.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12543 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I really like the way this is going. Royal Kafue is on the list.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another priority-Sable

One day before we were to leave Andrew sent me an email while I was work. Seems his son Tom was out driving around. He took this picture.

I replied to Andrew immediately saying that was a click boom. As in the safety going off (click), and the boom of the rifle. For some reason, my already distracted mind went into overdrive. I was not very productive the rest of the day.

It must have been the second night. We were checking some pans for Buffalo tracks and the tracker only saw sable tracks. Dark was approaching so we took off for camp. We had not gone more than a couple hundred yards and a lone sable bull was spotted. We looked him over and Andrew stated that it was getting too dark and we could do better, still early.

Since we were the first safari, we were on serious intel gathering missions, checking with the scout camps as to what they have been seeing. One scout camp said there was a big Sable to the east. So we had Tom's Sable which we had not been able to locate, and now this information. We went over to the pan near where the sable had been seen. Sure enough a whole herd had watered there. Plan was to back to camp for lunch, then come back out this evening to try and find the herd. They should not be far.

After another fantastic lunch, rest, and afternoon tea and we were off to find the big sable. The herd was found soon enough. Here is the bull we found.

After some discussion with Andrew, I decided to pass. There were a couple of factors that played into this decision. First, it was not an immediate shoot this response on my part. You do not have to study the big ones. Second, when the bull looked at me, his horns stay narrowed and did not flair.

Back to camp we went.

Next morning we were on a missions to find Tom's Sable. As we entered some woodlands, the tracker said stop a bit, then Sable, off to the right. Binoculars came up and I immediately told Andrew Yes, Just to be sure, I repeated it, Yes.

Out came the rifle and off on a stalk we went. Andrew, the tracker, myself and my wife bringing up the rear. We slowly worked our way up to a small bunch of trees. The bull was identified and moved into a good positions. The sticks went up, the crosshairs settled, but there was no shot. To much brush in the way. Pretty soon the bull took off with the rest of the herd following. Fortunately, Michael, the tracker, saw them slow up before they got out of sight.

Back to the truck to regroup, then we went on a loop to get back on them. We got up to an anthill that had enough cover for us to see the herd and verify the bull was still with them. They were slowly working to our left, so we went around the left side of the anthill, got down and started doing the butt scooting boogie as I called it. We closed the distance another 50-75 yards or so. The sticks went up, the crosshairs settled on the quartering to Sable and the gun went off. The sound of impact confirmed the shot was good. The Sable rocked and took off running. Michael said it was a good hit, then said he was down.

We quickly worked our way towards the Sable, he actually struggled and stood up but no shot presented, as quick as he stood, he lay back down. We worked around for a better angle and I shot again. This time, down for good.

Walking up to him, and laying my hands on his horns and dark brown coat can not adequately be expressed by words.

Lifelong dream achieved. Tom's Sable

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo

After looking for buffalo daily. Cutting some fresh tracks and the trail usually ending up in the thick stuff, where it was just to tough sort out the buffalo. Or arriving right at legal shooting light, only to have had the bulls leave the meadow 15 minutes before we got there.
Thick Stuff

It came together on day 8.

We were out checking for buffalo tracks, Tom and Michael had seen some on the main road, but nothing came of that. Andrew then turned the beast, our nickname for the hunting vehicle, off road through a burn.

After traveling into the burn, Michael said stop, and immediately jumped off the truck. He ran back a few yards then said buffalo.

With Andrew giving instructions for everyone else to stay in the vehicle, stay low and keep quiet. We quickly got ready and off we went.

We easily made it to an anthill where we got a good enough look to know we needed to continue. Once again, the butt scooting boogie ensued.

We crawled and scooted closer, every time we would stop behind some cover I thought it would be go time, only to stalk closer.

Finally the sticks went up, Andrew told me to get on the sticks. As I got on them I notice the four bulls were walking towards us.

I asked Andrew the first one, Andrew verified. He then said I might have to take a walking shot. The angle they were walking would give me a broadside shot, I though if I was to take a walking shot, it might as well be perfectly broadside.

Well, the second to last bull in line had different ideas. We do not what happened but he got a little skirty and half hearted ran forward taking all the bulls with. They stopped right away as they did not know what really spooked them. The lead bull ran through my broadside window.

Andrew told that I had better shoot, as unbeknownst to me the last bull had us pegged. The lead bull was quartering away, the crosshairs settled on the last rib, the rifle bucked and the sound of the bullet striking was unmistakable. I cycled another round and asked Andrew if I should shoot again. He said yeah, the rifle recoiled again as the crosshairs settled on the tailbone, another audible hit.

The bull ran 50 meters and stopped, started teetering and tipped over. Michael said he was down. Shot distance, a whole 40 meters.

Then things got a little dicey. The other bulls came back to the fallen one. One bawled, and then a little bit later heard a death bellow. Andrew decided it best to retreat to the truck, which we did.

Recovery was done with the truck just in case. The other bulls had left. No signs of life were evident, we got out and slowly approached. Michael threw a couple objects at the bull, then walked up and gave him a kick and a slap. I touched the eye with my rifle barrel, ready to pull the trigger if he flinched. It's the dead ones that kill you.

First shot

What an intense experience, I do not remember getting excited until after the shooting was done. Everything was intense focus on the job at hand.

One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Awesome adventure! Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zebra

This was a really cool morning as we had seen an exceptional reedbuck. So we went after reedbuck, then Roan showed up. On to Roan. The Zebra got in the way.

Zebra were going to spook the Roan, so Andrew asked me if I wanted a Zebra, I said yes, as long as they needed the bait.

I had talked to Andrew about a Burchell's since I taken a Hartmann's in Namibia. He said that he reserved those for his cat hunters. Well, Steve was coming to hunt Lion right after me.

Andrew said yes and I was than happy to go after a Zebra.

After stalking in on the stallion and ranging him at 161 yards. I was on the sticks. The stallion was not giving me a good shot presentation. After waiting a bit, he turned, the crosshairs settled and the gun went off.
Here he is before the shot.

It was one of those rare mornings when you could hear the bullet sizzle through the air and then the sound of impact. The Zebra recoiled at the shot and took off running, could tell it was a death run.

The ensuing follow up got a little crazy. We took off in the direction the herd took off. We kept going and going. Michael was following the herd. No stallion. We kept going and went far enough that Andrew saw the Roan herd again.

My wife came up to me while Andrew was in front, and Michael was sorting out tracks. She said there is no way you missed that shot. You have made that shot hundreds of times. She was with me when I was practicing off sticks hitting a 12x12 steel at 200 yards consistently.

In preparation, I shot 600 rounds of practice between my 375 H&H and 404 Jeffery.

I look back and Michael is heading back from where we came. Andrew walked up and asked where Michael was. We told him and started walking back.

Pretty soon Michael is walking back towards us, and Andrew says congratulations, and I see Michael with big smile on face.

The Zebra had fallen in a depression and in our excitement we had missed him. He did not go 75 meters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going to call it a night, will resume after work tomorrow night.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks for the memories.

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Great hunt & great report.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

Ditto!!!! For all of us who have hunted Royal Kafue with Andrew, your depiction of your hunt brings back great memories!!!!

Thanks for posting!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff! Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1792 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

Ditto!!!! For all of us who have hunted Royal Kafue with Andrew, your depiction of your hunt brings back great memories!!!!

Thanks for posting!

Best regards, D. Nelson

Double Ditto!!

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
enjoying it- thanks and congrats

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great big thank you to Frostbit (Jim &Joyce) and surefire7 for being gracious enough to speak with Laura and I before we left. It was everything you said it would be and more!

On to Hartebeest.

The day of the hartebeest started off trying to find the monster reedbuck we had seen twice now. But it was not meant to be, we had seen other good ones, but after seeing something exceptional, it kind of all or nothing.

Well it turned out nothing again, so we turned our attention to Roan. We headed into a new area thinking we had pushed that herd out.

Soon enough, a tap on the roof. Roan, with Zebras. We quickly got out to work a stalk, spotted them, made one last move to get a good look as there were two. Never saw them again.

Michael picked up the tracks and we followed for awhile, but they were running. To make matters worse, we bumped the Zebra herd and they busted off in the direction the Roan were heading.

Back to the truck to head in the direction they had gone. Pretty soon tap tap tap, Hartebeest, big one.

Out of the truck and off on a stalk, unbeknownst to us a smaller bull was in between us and the big bull. As we were stalking, we bumped the smaller bull and he took the big one with him.

Back to the truck, and off again. tap tap tap, Hartebeest, a whole herd in some thickets. Stop the truck and study the herd. Finally figured out there was a good herd bull in the midst.

We actually had to start the stalk right from the vehicle, we stayed low and circled around to get some cover between us and the herd. We carefully worked in on the herd using the cover we had available. At one point we had made it to a clump of trees, well with shooting range but the Hartebeest had decided to move. I was on the sticks waiting for the bull to stop in a shooting lane. They were milling around but the shot never presented.

We stayed at that spot for quite awhile waiting to see what the herd was going to do. At this point my wife leaned up to me and asked, what are we hunting? I replied, Hartebeest.

We had been on so many stalks where we started after one species, then ended up on another she had to ask. She had been so concerned about staying low and out of sight, she did know if we were still after the original Hartebeest herd or if another opportunity had presented itself.

A little bit later there was a awful screeching that sounded like something had met it's fate. I leaned up to Andrew to ask what that was.

He casually replied, that's just a baboon screeching at a Leopard.

I turned to my wife and casually repeated what Andrew had just said. The look on her face was priceless.

Later she confided that as Michael, Andrew and I were studying the Hartebeest herd, she was looking around for a Leopard. Being the last person in line, she thought maybe she would be the first for the Leopard.

The herd had finally settled down, but in even thicker cover. We had to move closer. We had a great clump of trees to as cover for our approach.

Off we go again across a burn, crawling, butt scooting, shuffling. We made it to the trees and were maybe 125 yards away. Never bothered to range it, as it was close enough.

We could see herd in the thicket and fortunately the bull was closest.

Here is a picture of me getting ready for the shot. We were close enough that we just wedged the shooting sticks in the trees for a horizontal rest. Too close to stand up and expose ourselves.

I get settled on the now horizontal sticks, find the Hartebeest in the scope, but I can not tell what part of the animal I am settling the crosshairs on. There is only a small hole to shoot through.

Andrew said, that is the shoulder, aim for the center of the hole. I settled the crosshairs in the center of the hole. Squeezed the trigger and watched the bull collapse. Chambered another round as Andrew told me to stay on him.

He did not get back up, so we approached. Here is what we found.

Bullet was a complete pass through, lodged in the tree and recovered.

Tremendous Lichtenstein Hartebeest.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On to Roan.

surefire7, you were certainly spot on with the challenge of hunting Roan.

We had seen plenty of Roan, a lot of female/young groups.

Our first good opportunity came with a Roan mixed in with a herd of Sable. We had stalked into a good position. I was on the sticks, but there was too much brush in the way. The bull finally moved off.

Off we go again trying to close the gap. We get close enough, the sticks go up and just as I am settling the crosshairs, he buggers off. We never catch up to him again. 3-5 more seconds was all I needed.

Next good opportunity came when we spotted a herd in a burn. We start the stalk immediately and getting to the first bit a cover, figured out there a shootable bull in the herd. We worked our way to the next clump of cover which just happened to have a forked tree at the perfect height for shooting. I told Andrew I would not need the sticks as I could just use the tree.

The herd was slowly drifting out of the burn into some thicker cover. The bull was identified and I took a couple of rangefinder readings. 231 and 235 respectively. I can do that, as the 375 H&H 300gr TSX was zeroed for 200.

I was on the tree and just waiting for a good shot presentation. He finally went from straight on to slightly quartering to. The crosshairs settled and the gun recoiled. I lost the Roan in the recoil but saw a big puff of dust low and back of the Roan. He took off running but not visibly shaken or even doing death run.

As we were going after the herd, Andrew turned to me and asked how I felt about the shot? I replied, not good at all. In reality, I felt good about the shot until after the trigger broke. Everything felt good at the shot, but the results were not computing.

We had to follow up and make sure the bull had not been hit. There was no blood, no telltale tracks of a wounded animals. We were stymied. Michael stayed on the bull's tracks and we kept after it. He even sorted them out after a herd of sable had intermixed.

On we went, and finally Michael said, Roan. Sure enough there was the bull, he was scent trailing the herd and even feeding a little. We looked him over from top to bottom and both sides. We could see no evidence of a hit. At one point he was even feeding back towards us and we thought we might get another opportunity. He eventually took off.

We headed back to the truck, and even bumped the herd again.

After we got back to the truck, we went to investigate the area the Roan was standing at the shot. There was no hair or blood, and we could easily tell where he was standing.

We got to looking at the tree that was in front of the Roan and sure enough there was a bullet mark on it.

Andrew ranged the distance back to where I had shot from. He got 290.

There was my mistake, ranging the bull. I do not what I ranged, but it was wrong. That bullet was hitting 12.5 inches low at 300 yards when I checked before the trip. It went right where it was supposed, low enough to hit the tree that was in front of the bull.

The Roan had come out on top on so many stalks, I would have go back through my notes to add them all up. What a challenge.

Finally we arrive to the last day of the safari, lucky #13. Had to cut it a day short due to airline departure.

The morning started liked so many, seeing if we could find the monster Reedbuck, nothing doing. But we did find Roan, albeit mixed in with Zebras. We had seen Roan by themselves, with Sable, Hartebeest, and Zebra many times. Just too many eyes to fool, and we proved it on many occasions.

We gave it a try any way, you know the story, stalk blown. Nothing happened the rest of the morning.

Final evening of the hunt, we had to go to one of the scout camps to pick up our game scout. On the way, we came across three Eland bulls. I had even asked if I could trade the Roan for an Eland. Andrew said none on quota and the population was not sustainable to hunt.

The sun is sinking, and I am going over in my head the wonderful experiences I have had. How fantastic everything was, and how I was going let Andrew know that I was not disappointed with not getting a Roan. My Roan experience had simply been fantastic, even though they had humbled us on numerous occasions.

Michael taps on the roof and says Roan. Andrew gets out and cannot see them until he gets up in the back of the truck. No idea how Michael saw them with naked eyes.

Off we go. We get to a glassing point, I am just tucking my head hoping to not get busted. I ask Andrew if there is a good one in there, he says yes.

Off we go crawling, shuffling, duck walking to the next clump of cover. Still studying, Andrew ranges, 180? I reply that's doable.

Finally the sticks go up, I am on him with Andrew telling me he is walking left to right at the far left of the herd. I do not have a shot. As he moves, the actual bull is behind him. Andrew, yes, that's him. The crosshairs settle, the gun goes off. The sound of hit comes back, the Roan is on a death run, and think I see him tumble.

We quickly work our way up there, and there he is! Last day, last hour, nothing more sweet than a hard earned trophy.

With Michael, our tracker

So that is it, my story of a most wonderful experience at camp Mutambashi, Royal Kafue with Andrew Baldry and staff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are most welcome SDhunter!

I'm so glad you had a great time and a great hunt. Andrew never fails to please.

Great report. Keep it coming... beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! I wrote my last comment as you were posting your last photos. I didn't see the Roan until just now. VERY nice!!

Let's see: Buffalo, Sable, Roan, Zebra, Hartebeest. Did you leave anything for the rest of us?!!

A huge congrats to you both! dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I left plenty.

Lots of buffalo, after I got mine we could not go anywhere without running into buffalo and sign.

There is an exceptional reedbuck out there.

The first Roan that I could not get shot at was bigger than the one I got

We had seen another fantastic hartebeest.

Lions and Leopards, Puku, Hippo, Oribi, just to name a few.

beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic roan and sable. Whoa.!

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Great safari story. Thanks for posting and sharing. Mr Baldry knows how to do it. Well done.

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo,Sable and Roan oh my!! Royal kafue will leave you with lasting memories believe me.

Fantastic

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It was well worth the wait, great report! Beautiful trophies.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12543 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
Great story, and a great adventure!

Posts: 171 | Location: Alberta, Canukistan. | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Outstanding report and trophies. On my Bucket List

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing your hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some great trophies and even better memories I'd wager. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Posts: 373 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looks like a perfect safari. Well done.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You for all the kind comments.

It was an incredible EXPERIENCE first and foremost. The trophies were fantastic, but long after the recorded horn measurements have faded, the memories will brings back a flood of emotions for my wife and I.

This was a celebration of our 25th anniversary, my 50th Bday and my wife's upcoming 50th Bday.

I cannot adequately express how well Andrew and staff made this an experience of a lifetime.

After my first trip to Namibia in 2016, I came back wanting. I will be perfectly honest when I state, that if I am never able to make it back to Africa, I am content and fulfilled with what we just experienced.

After my first trip I said I would never go back without my wife. My next trip, I will not go without my wife and boys.

With that being said, already trying to put things in place for a return trip. I think I should try for a date with Leopard. Plus I still have not truly hunted a Kudu or Bushbuck or.....

Many of you understand.

Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all on a great Kafue safari!

Anyone heard from Steve 416?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not from Steve, but Andrew said he is home and hitting the rack for some much needed sleep.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDhunter:
Not from Steve, but Andrew said he is home and hitting the rack for some much needed sleep.

Any word on how Steve did?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary and 50th B-Days.

I'm afraid our 50th birthdays are way back in the rearview mirror, but we did celebrate our 25th Anniversary also last year. But we went to Hawaii. I think you had a better idea!!

When I think of Africa and 25th Anniversaries, I can't help but remember a sad story my PH in Zim told me one year I was there. He offered to take us to a bluff overlooking a huge dry riverbed, about 200 feet above the river, to camp overnight and sleep under the stars. He said the previous year, a couple celebrating their 25th and re-exchanging vows, did so on the very spot that we were camping out for the night. He said in the middle of the night, the husband went over to visit mother nature, and got too close to the bluff and fell to his death.

Sorry for the downer of a tale, but your anniversary was a smashing success!

Congrats once again...on everything!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No word on Steve.

surefire7,
Smashing could describe a couple of the nights in camp.
Cool

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:

Any word on how Steve did?

Yes and we strung up some baits shot a nice buff and made plans for across the river.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank You for all the kind comments.

It was an incredible EXPERIENCE first and foremost. The trophies were fantastic, but long after the recorded horn measurements have faded, the memories will brings back a flood of emotions for my wife and I.

This was a celebration of our 25th anniversary, my 50th Bday and my wife's upcoming 50th Bday.

I cannot adequately express how well Andrew and staff made this an experience of a lifetime.

After my first trip to Namibia in 2016, I came back wanting. I will be perfectly honest when I state, that if I am never able to make it back to Africa, I am content and fulfilled with what we just experienced.

After my first trip I said I would never go back without my wife. My next trip, I will not go without my wife and boys.

With that being said, already trying to put things in place for a return trip. I think I should try for a date with Leopard. Plus I still have not truly hunted a Kudu or Bushbuck or.....

Many of you understand.

Cheers

Good times mate and they will not be the last.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote