Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Leopard
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
Leopards are a problem.there are more than they think. they are usually active during the early morning and late afternoon and part of the night.

Baobab Game Ranch/Caracal Safaris
www.baobab-safaris-namibia.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 30 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kuduman:
i understand what you are saying baobab. other members have said that the farmers are taking shots at the leopards when on their property. they make it sound like it is a frequent occurence to see leopards in the daytime. they stated that this is why it is difficult hunting leopard in namibia.my p.h. told me that he has only seen a handful of leopards during daylight hours and it is a rare occurence. iam not a leopard hunter, but it seems to me that they are a very shy creature.

I would say pot shots are few and far between. I think what is much more prevalent is that when a rancher encounters a problem with a leopard and can't get a tag for it to be hunted, he resorts to trapping.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
They are shy and extremely clever.You seldom see them during the day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We do not offer leopards at plains game daily rates infact my cats are more expensive than most other countries BUT we deliver cats. Remember the saying that says " you get what you pay for" You wanna be cheap you will get screwed....
Look at a outfits track record then you will know who is good and who will rip you off!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Corne,
Interesting...could you tell us why you hunts are different, how many you kill a year, and why should someone pay your "expensive" prices and not just go to Zambia where you will see them in daylight??

This should be good...

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
They are shy but extemely clever. They usually late afternoon, early morning and night active.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We charge US$ 30,000.00 for a 14 day hunt. We had 4 tags for 2011 and took 4 cats 100%!!!
I will posted pictures later today.
Leopardtrack you are right this is gooood!!! I will not sit here and listen to you saying bad things about Namibia!!! There are good outfits too in this country!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Corne, have you been drinking my friend??
Your rhetoric reads a bit strange...

If your not, then sell us skeptics on why Namibia is a GREAT destination for Leopard?
I think that this is an honest, fair, question.

Here's you chance to prove us Namibia/Leopard detractors wrong.

The floor is all yours...

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
True, we are not all bad!
Why not ask the guys who hunted with you to post their comments!

quote:
Originally posted by corne Omujeve:
We charge US$ 30,000.00 for a 14 day hunt. We had 4 tags for 2011 and took 4 cats 100%!!!
I will posted pictures later today.
Leopardtrack you are right this is gooood!!! I will not sit here and listen to you saying bad things about Namibia!!! There are good outfits too in this country!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or even utter more than a 4 sentence response.

You are doing a great job promoting confidence for hunting Leopard in Namibia...

Not you Baobab!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering why anyone would pay $30,000 for a leopard hunt. You can go to several other countries for half that . Maybe you're talking 30,000 Namibian?

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was told by my Namibian PH this past August that virtually all Leopards now being taken in Namibia are STILL being taken at night, despite the new laws. He had several night time trail-cam pictures of a nice tom. I took a leopard in Zim back in '90 and was just doing a plainsgame bowhunt, so it was all accademic to me.

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, with all that has been said, i am very grateful i had a different experience hunting leopard in namibia. i posted that report some years ago. we had a total of 5-6 bait sites. three were hit by leopards but with no return visit after building the blind and we saw a huge track in one of the roads, likely left the night before. i got mine on day 10. a hyena ate an entire small zebra we had used for bait so it was a long and excitinbg trip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,
I missed your hunt report...is it still here?? I would like to hear more about the hunt and see some pic's

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i posted that report in 2007. i am not sure how to go back and look it up without going thru tons of reports.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
go to page 29 of this forum and you will find my leopard report, posted in 2008. i enjoyed reading it again Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,

What a great hunt and you took really great pictures!! I do remember reading it now....I remember the pic of the rhodesian ridgeback in the pic now.

I'm curious to know the measurements of the Leopards skull?? He looks bigger than 100lbs, but pic's can be decieving.

posted Hide Post
I am in the Red Carpet room in San Fran airport, on my way home from Namibia. All four of our bags are missings as of clearing customs, yuk!

I hunted with Omujeve for leopard in their North camp. Nic Kruger was my PH, Corne's brother. We used nine tree to hang bait in (zebra).

On the eighth day I got big Tom! Much bigger than the cat I got in 2008 with Peter Chipman Safaris in Zambia.

I am sorry to hear of some people's lack of success.

I highly recommend talking to Corne or Nic at Omujeve for a great trip to Namibia!

I will work on posting a picture.

-Karl

NRA Life Member

SCI Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i do not think it ever was measured. i ran out and it is 9 3/4 inches from nose to back of skull and 6 inches across from malar arch to arch, or about 4 inches across the top of the skull.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,

From that skull measurement, I would think that your Leopard weigh's much more than 100lbs.

Did you weigh him or was it a guess?? Just curious

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Karl. Can't wait to see the photos.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys,
I can tell you why Corne can get the 30K for his cats, because he produces. Any hunter who has done their research knows, that on average, a hunter will go on 2.5-3 leopard hunts before he gets a cat. Well, Omujeve has decided to not fall into that Average. You can take one of these cheap 8-10k hunts, just 2 times, and easily get to 30k (when you add up all the costs, ie. time off, travel, etc... and still not get a cat.

I have been here the past few weeks, and I shot my cat the first time I sat in the blind. 24hrs after Karl shot his. And another hunter from spain, also shot one at the same time I did here at omujeve. SO essentially the Krugers got 3 leopards in 48 hrs. I can tell you, we celebrated till 4 am~ Because of the genius system that Namibia has going with it's tag allotment, there's lots of unfilled tags, and I'm actually hunting another one, as we speak. SO maybe I'll be one of the lucky people who takes two Mr. Spots in one safari~

Hi Karl, thanks for the FB request~

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leopardtrack....I am waiting for your response...... 3 cats in 48 Hours. 4 cats in 3 months.... 4 tags 4 cats!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say that is a great success rate and that Leopard is REALLY beautuiful....I STILL wouldn't pay you $30,000 for a Leopard hunt.

My friend in Zimbabwe charges half that and usually takes 8 Leopard out of 10 tags. We met because of my failed Namibian hunt, which cost me $20,000 and 21 days trying.

By the way, did you weigh/measure him?? He looks very heavy.

Hey, if you can get clients to pay you $30,000 for a Leopard hunt then I say good for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Leopardtrack. It is a real shame your buddy in Zim does not know the real value of his cats.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who did you hunt with in Namibia??

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
I would say that is a great success rate and that Leopard is REALLY beautuiful....I STILL wouldn't pay you $30,000 for a Leopard hunt.

My friend in Zimbabwe charges half that and usually takes 8 Leopard out of 10 tags. We met because of my failed Namibian hunt, which cost me $20,000 and 21 days trying.

By the way, did you weigh/measure him?? He looks very heavy.

Hey, if you can get clients to pay you $30,000 for a Leopard hunt then I say good for you.

Leopard Track,

What else were you allowed to hunt in Zim for $15k? Was it a special/cancellation deal? For that price and an 80% success rate, I am inclined to book one to.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Corne,
I would rather not say who I hunted with in Namibia since he was a very nice guy who I had a great time with. He had excellent accomodations and great plainsgame hunting. I was only put-off by the Leopard hunting... otherwise it was a great time and he took good care of me. Maybe by now his sucess rate is better with Leopard.
Please don't think that I am trying to smear Namibian PH because I am not. I am just relating a BAD experience with my Leopard hunt there.

Bwanna,
I hunted with John Hunt of Georgia Safari's. My hunt was in 2006 so I booked it in 2005. I paid a day rate of $400 plus trophy fee of $2500. I also shot numerous Impala, Zebra, Wildebeest, Klipspringer, and a few Baboon's as well.
The hunt took place in the West Nick area.

I'm sure that his prices have gone up since '05 but this is what I paid 5 years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
By the way Corne, that is a beautiful Leopard!

Did you weigh/measure him?

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great Leopards Corne and you obviously know your stuff.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Corne,

You are the cat man of Namibia for sure. I've never known of another operation unless they used dogs that had the success you have in Namibia. Excellent!

Your prices are on the high side for southern Africa but 100% success in daylight on leopard is very valuable.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark,
How do you like this?!?!? I just doubled on leopard in one hunt...I can tell you the boys of Omujeve definitely know what they are doing!!! Check out my updated post!

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/5651037661

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the second cat!!!

...I hate you! Big Grin

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful toms!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote