ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Re: Great hunt with kuduland in RSA and the Selous

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Great hunt with kuduland in RSA and the Selous
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
James

Congratulations on a great Africa experience and hunt with Steve.

PS: Steve, all the best to yourself and family for the future

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Mozambique on a hunt arranged by Kuduland. The PH was Jason van Aarde. I got my elephant but try as we might, could not close in on buffalo. I've never hunted with anyone that worked any harder than Jason. He really knows elephants.

The arrangements by Kuduland were perfect in every detail and there were no surprises. I will hunt with them again.

Posts: 219 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Huntingcat yes Jason made mention of your hunt it is one of the things that got me excited on elephant he is convinced we can take a monster in Mozambique as well. I do truly think a lot of him and I don't feel that way about many people.

BillC if you are a bird hunter like myself you will very much enjoy the SA shooting and the varied game. Its a nice way for most to overcome the jet lag before the serious stuff starts as well, I am lucky to not suffer from jet lag myself. The day rate of the wing shooting all inclusive is much less then a hunt here in GA at our local plantations.

James F. Nixon III

Posts: 39 | Location: North GA. | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Great report on what sounds like a great safari.

I admire your hunting ethic on the buff.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

When I was in Botwana in August I thought I had seen quelea before but nothing like we saw. I think millions in a flock would be a conservative estimate. Seeing those flocks may be one of the top five most impressive things I have seen in the wild. Truly amazing!

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mark,

They're incredible aren't they? I would never have believed it's possible to actually smell birds in flight, but there are so many of them they actually stink.

I don't know which African country has the biggest quelea populations, but I would think Botswana must be one of the frontrunners