ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Back from SA, hunted with Scottco Safari

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from SA, hunted with Scottco Safari
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Had a great time, shot two Kudu and one Impala in one day. I don't have much to compare to but best I can tell they are a first rate outfit. Good hunting trucks, good PH's, some of the best food I've ever had. They have lots of game. They even pick you up in a twin eng. plane and fly you to the Ranch, and it cost the same to hunt with them as the other guys I talked to, infact I think it was less. The PH's told me this was one of the nices camps in SA based on other places they worked. http://photos.yahoo.com/wwdoddiii

Mopane Ranch where the camp is has some monster wildebeast, but I shot trees instead of wildebeast, not once, but two times, 29" plus and 31" plus, I'm going to therapy they said I should fully recover in a few months.

I took a nice Zebra, 2 impala (one black face), two Kudu 55", 50". I couldn't make my gun go boom on the eland, I was so excited I didn't close the bolt.

I leaned alot about hunting in Africa, but have much more to learn. Also leaned a lot about myself.

I will be back next year to hunt with Jaco, I highly recommnd them. Jaco Scott is straight up honest and runs a good business, these guys hunted 265 days last year, they are doing something right. They also hunt Mosombq., for lion and buff, they had a 51 inch buff in the skinning room.

The top pic was my first Kudu of the day, he was a really old bull, his ribs were showing, the farm mgr said would wouldnt have lived much longer, was heavy into the rut and been running cows hard. He was pretty skinny.

-  -  -

[ 06-29-2003, 01:14: Message edited by: Gringo Cazador ]

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Congrat's a a good hunt!

Scottco African Safaris's website is at: http://www.mopane.co.za/

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Billy,

Congratulations. We need pictures, man. What gun did you use? More details. [Wink]

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T.Carr,

It was a good hunt, I took two guns, but only used my 375 H&H (Rem 700 SS, Hogue stock, B&L 1.5X6 scope). I did manage to kill a tree with my 300 Wby.

The 250 gr barnes worked well, I have one recovered from my second Kudu, I've used barnes for years and had very good results.

Lots of Leopard spoor, Impala hanging from tree, PH said about a week old, you should have seen Kathryn's eyes when she figured out how that Impala got in the tree, and a 26" plus Impala at that.

I shot both my Kudus with cows, both still in rut (late rut). Impala were crazy in rut, it was cool. web page

[ 06-28-2003, 23:39: Message edited by: Gringo Cazador ]

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote