Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia-Places, Phs, and Game
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
When looking at this web site and this section I have often liked what I saw of Namibia. I was wondering if you wonderful people could give me advice for a 2008 safari to Namibia. Who, what and where?

Thanks

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
There are some recommendations in this thread on the African Hunting forum. There have also been a lot of hunt reports from Namibia posted here.

What do you want to hunt, and what kind of experience are you looking for?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
333_OKH you have a private message.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Nick Nolte is supposed to be a very good Namibia Leopard guy. If you are interested I have his brochure on my computer that I could send you. I was thinking about booking with him in the next couple years.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
you have a pm

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nick Nolte

does he have a website?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would highly recommend Boet Nel Safaris. I hunted with him in summer of 05 and will am planning for 07. The amount of game is amazing! Go to www.namibiansafari.com

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your looking at plains game, consider Danie Jensen van Vurren, at Trophy Trackings Safaris. Phenominal Kudu! He was averaging over 55 honest inches last I talked to him. He had been doing jobs for others for quite a while and went on his own last summer. Hunts both middle and northern Namibia, and recommends that you see his homeland as part of the trip.

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 92 | Location: Near the Daniel Boone Homestead | Registered: 27 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
When looking at this web site and this section I have often liked what I saw of Namibia. I was wondering if you wonderful people could give me advice for a 2008 safari to Namibia. Who, what and where?

Thanks

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
333:
Check out Van Heerden Safaris in Namibia. My son and I hunted with him last year and had a ball! He is a small outfit and used no Agents or Outfitters. His prices are cheaper than most. We shot 12 animals and 4 of them went in Rowland Ward.
His email is vhsaf@mweb.co.na
Good luck.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:

Thanks
I feel the same way. Namibia seems like a bargin. My wife is a German citzen and a hunter so I think it would be a great place for me to go on a hunt either with or without her. I have been on two safaris for a total of 17 days and I have shot 16 animals. The first trip was with a group and the second trip was a short notice trip by myself. On the second trip I wounded an animal and we search several nights until 2300 searching for this Waterbuck without finding it. I just received a call from customs in St Louis and my trophies are ready for pick up and my Waterbuck is in the shipment. This says a lot of postive things about Numzaan Safaris to me. I really missed the socialize around the camp fire with the other hunters. I know some hunters have said they like having the camp to themselfs; I like to socialize some with the other hunters. I am still E-mailing one of the hunters from Ohio from my last hunt. I have hunted in Germany and really like the socializing that takes place before and after the hunt. Currently, most of our friends are tree hugging liberials. Most are tree hugging Republicans. I hope to find some like minded hunting friends who can except another hunter who is approaching 60 and is a combat helicopter vet of 2 wars with a loss of hearing. I recently read about the SCI show of Dallas and it sounded like the Accuratereloading members had a great time. I would like to hear more about the show and will try to attend next year. I will be posting my hunt report from 03&05 in the next few days. An OKH 333 on the private side; if you still want some pictures of my 376 Steyr from Serengeti I think I am ready to send them.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can highly recommend Okanduka Seibe and PH Dirk Rohrmann. The trophy quality and overall hunting experience is great.

Here is my report from last summer
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/101108243

This is the link to Okanduka's website
http://www.huntingnamibia.de/UK/UK%20index.htm

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeh416Rigby:
www.fultonclassicsafaris.com

Yup, I'll second that. I don't think you can go wrong with Vaughan.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
OKH 333 on the private side; if you still want some pictures of my 376 Steyr from Serengeti I think I am ready to send them.

Would love to see them! Let me know when and where you post them. You have a PM too.

quote:
a combat helicopter vet of 2 wars with a loss of hearing.

My father, a vet of Vietnam, is still my favorite hunting partner. Can be hard of hearing, but sometimes I think that is an active choice on his part. I was able to line him out on two blacktail bucks this year. Typically he is still getting them out in the open for me. Good luck and keep up the good hunting!

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Here is a good one. A business associate told me his partner hunted in Namibia two years ago, and it was everything and more than he expected. All he remembers was that the PH was 40ish and ran it with his wife. Both were from the area; he had brown hair, and she was blonde. They have a website but he cannot remember the name. Hopefully his partner can get the name for me too.

Now that is vague, but do you know who the PH is?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Possibly Dirk and Rita Rohrmann at Okanduka.

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dirk and Rita Rohrmann

No this couple was different. I found thier site it was Nick Nolte as referred to above!

http://www.nicknoltesafaris.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an excellent plains game hunt with Jan Oelofse Safaris of Namibia. They only have plains game, but a great assortment. I personally got a very nice got a very nice gemsbok and another guy in the camp got a really nice kudu. The lodging is very nice and all staff are excellent. Oh did I mention the food? WOW!! Here is there web address: www.janoelofsesafaris.com

7mm. guy

I fixed the URL for the website, it is now correct. -T.Carr-

shoot straight or shoot often.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Your link is spelled wrong, it should be http://www.janoelofsesafaris.com/

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12690 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
aren't daily fees at $450 a tad high for PG with Jan Oelofse? His trophy fees as a rule are higher than most too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
With the sterling reputation he has I'd be pretty confident you'd get value for price, as is the case much of the time. Less expensive can be ok but cheaper sucks.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not doubt what you say. Though one can do DG for $500/day in many areas.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best quote I got for DG for 2006 was from Zim - which was the only place I was looking - and it was $450/day for two weeks for multiple tuskless elephant, plus the 2%(?) tax, trophy fees at $2500/tuskless and about $500 in transport fees. Unfortunately, the the time frame was late Oct into early Nov. Prime time to hunt elephants in the area, but too late for me.

I got my hunts squared away, but at a much higher price since I am going earlier and I added more elephants, a buff, leopard, bushbuck and nyala quota to it.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I should pass on to all that the rate for plains game hunting in the Save Conservancy with Roger Whittall Safaris is $300/day, ten day minimum, IIRC. Lodging was good, food good. Very game rich environment. Lots of elephants, lions, leopards and some buff there too. They have some black and some white rhinos too.

Humani is Roger Whittall's ranch within the Save Conservancy. The ranch is near 150,000 acres of hunting area, the conservancy near 1,000,000 acres. No internal fencing.

Find them at www.rwsafaris.com

JPK

Free 500grains

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cats:
aren't daily fees at $450 a tad high for PG with Jan Oelofse? His trophy fees as a rule are higher than most too.

As in most things you get what you pay for. The lodging at this operation is immaculate with an underground swimming pool right there. Oh did I mention the foodhow anyonne can make springbok and ostrich taste that good is beyond me.

Many thanks to Fjold for fixing my spelling error.

7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I hunted with Jan in June of 2004, had a great hunt and will be back in July of this year. The accomodations are spectacular and the entire operation blew our minds. We had a great PH in "Flippy" and will be hunting this year with Steve Tors. We shot Kudu, Gemsbok, Warthog and a few lesser animals and were thrilled. This year we will be primarily hunting Mountain Zebra and Eland.

I would highly recommend Mt. Etjo as a place for plains game.

Be safe,

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Eland hunting is a dream of mine. I even want to hunt them more than buffalo!

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
The place I sent you info on has some really big eland

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you aske me there is only one place i vill returen to in Namibia and it is.
Steinhausen jagd/PH Gundolf Schlosser
http://www.steinhausen-jagd.de
and
http://www.orusovo.com/stnhsn/default.htm
High services and super hunts.
Hunt Safe
wisent