Find
Notify
Tools

Another big one from Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted
Recieved an email from a friend that one of his hunters had killed a very nice Elephant. 71 & 69 lbs and tusks are nice and long not short and thick like mine. It was killed on the first day of the hunt. Outfitter was Bushman Safaris from Bulawayo. PH was either Theo or Zane Bronkhorst. Had pictures but I don't know how to move from my email to here. He didn't give me the specifics but I would imagine it to have been in the Matetsi area.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Post some pics when you get em!

Me and Zane last year

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Theo sent pictures I just don't know how to transfer them from Email to here. I have very poor skills at doing that. They are surely nice tusks though.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice and what is most interesting is all the Ele bones under and around him...must be a sweet killing zone.

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

Posts: 101 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
There were actually 3 photos. One showing the hunter and PH and these two. The first one here does not appear to be the same elephant as in the second photo. The broken tusk appears different. The missing photo IS of the same elephant in the second above picture. Error is probably just in my view of them.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Wow excellent ele.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to know where it was taken.
Certainly plenty of spoor around it.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
It was shot near Hwange by a Dr. Gurian. The PH was Theo Bronkhorst, Zane Bronkhorst is shown in the photo. That's all the information I have except it was shot on the first day of the safari.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Was it shot on Marara?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Now thats an elephant of anyone's dreams (at least mineSmiler)

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Came to the "grave yard" to visit relatives.
Mistake!

Congrats.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Mike70560 --- I don't know the exact parcel. I'm not familiar with Marara, is it a farm?

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congratulations! tu2

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimbabwe:
Mike70560 --- I don't know the exact parcel. I'm not familiar with Marara, is it a farm?

It is a farm. It seems as though I read there guys were/are hunting it.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
That looks quite a bit like I remember the Kazuma Forest area being. Nice elephant!

Posts: 3858 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
where does this operator hunt in zimbabwe?
i can't find any info about their areas or a website.

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
The operator is Bushman Safaris out of Bulawayo. Have no current knowledge of their current hunting areas. They did have an area near the Kasibi/Kalala area near The Matetsi Safari Area. For many years they hunted in the Turk Mine area. I have spent many weeks in their camps over the years. Don't know where their current camp is. The owner is a good friend of mine of long standing. I have not hunted there since 2004 or been in Zimbabwe since that time.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Ask him if that elephant was taken on Marara in Gwaai.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
Ask him if that elephant was taken on Marara in Gwaai.

Or Ngweshla Roll Eyes

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Theo is on holiday now that the season is finished and said he would send details of the hunt when he returned. I am familiar with the Gwayi area and have hunted quite a bit there but am not familiar with either Ngweshla or the other farm mentioned. I could never quite get used to farms with names. I was hunting basically Lion and Buffalo in that area.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm....I too would be very interested to hear exactly where this ele was taken...

One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
nice phantosaurus, well done.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it was taken between Matetsi Unit 1, Forestry and Breakfast camp. We have the area next to him. Very good bull for that area.
Well done.

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I know the area well as i have hunted there many days. Took my last Elephant on what I imagine was my final Safari on the Fuller Forrest boundary. Am very familiar with Breakfast. That whole area is very nice and was some years ago plentiful in Waterbuck and Sable. In fact the largest Sable I have ever seen was on Waterford while hunting Elephant. If I had not committed to take a trophy Elephant I would have taken it.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
fantastic jumbo well done tu2

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote