ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Namibia Leopard Hunt - Otjandaue Hunting Safaris

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Leopard Hunt - Otjandaue Hunting Safaris
 Login/Join

posted
Whoa! You talk about an exciting hunt!!! I went hunting with Roy van der Merwe with Otjandaue Hunting Safaris in Namibia and it was a HUGE success on a monster leopard. Roy runs a first class operation, nice accomodations, great hospitality, and the hunting was top notch. I have hunted from Alaska to Argentina to Africa and this is how it should be, lots of game, good food and people, and success at the end of the day. In a 9 day hunt, I shot a big leopard which was 7'4" long and weighed 160 lbs, and the adreniline rush was somehting else. Roy does it right, baits early, tracks via a trail camarea so you time it right and makes sure you have the best possible odds at the end of the day. We saw lots of leopard tracks while hunting plains game which is very encouraging of an area. I love shooting deer and animals with a bow due to how close they are, but after the leopard, I need to look at other cat hunts. After I shot, my leg was shaking like Elvis and teeth were chattering, Roy asked me if a I was cold, and I said hell no its the adrenaline. I also took a trophy gemsbok, blue wildebeest, hartman's zebra, couple jackals and a cull gemsbok. I was looking for a few other animlas but time was short and had to focus o nthe cat first.

PS. I heard Roy has another leopard on bait now and 1 extra tag left.

pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68562167@N08/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice cat. Pretty fortunate to shoot a cat like that during the daylight in farm country. Way to go!!!!!!!!

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Nice kitty. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great leopard!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful cat, was this the discounted hunt on the forum several weeks back?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a successful hunt.
Got to love adrenalin!

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Nice cat. Congrats and welcome home.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes tbwas the discounted hunt offered on this site. My dad books hunts with Roy and he told me about it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great cat and other trophies.

I haven't hunted with Roy, but talking to him at DSC, etc. I got the impression that he was a no BS, straight shooter.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum...and big congratulations on your leopard!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice animals! Looks like you did great!

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote