New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Travel Agent
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just booked my first Cape Buffalo hunt with Ann Horsman (Aspen Hill Adventures) and she referred me to a wonderful travel agent who has provided me with much better service than any other agent I've ever dealt with. The agent is Kathi Klimes and her firm is World Travel Mart. Phone # 708-425-3552, FAX # 708-425-4188.

She is a great gal who returns calls and e-mails very quickly and really knows her stuff. Kathi suggested moving the dates I had picked for my trip up by one day each way to avoid stopping at Cape Town on the way to Joberg before arriving at Vic Falls. She also educated me on the benefits of having Delta vs. South African Frequent flyer miles which two prior travel agents never bothered to tell me. Although I didn't have nearly enought SAA miles for a flight, Kathi did some checking for me and found out that over half of my miles were going to expire the next day and suggested that I use them to upgrade my return flight to business class (didn't have enough for both ways). Rather than let the miles go to waste I jumped at this opportunity.

Kathi used to work for Gracey travel before venturing out on her own and really knows her stuff. She is a pleasure to deal with and is a hunter herself. We got talking about hunting a had a great conversation.

The only one problem guys - she's already married. I hope that guy knows how lucky he is.

Posts: 74 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Labman,

How many miles did it take to upgrade?

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've never used Kathi's service, but have spoken to her on the phone and seen her posts on the forum and have gotta say she impressed the hell out of me also!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, it is a pleasure working with you.

Terry,

You can not use Delta Miles.
You have to use South African Voyager Miles.
A coach ticket issued in Q class and above can be upgraded to Business Class with 33,400 miles per segment or 60,000 miles round trip.

Kathi

kathi@wldtravel.com

Posts: 9372 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Kathi,

Thanks, I've got about 41,000 Voyager miles.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So my Delta Sky miles are not useable for upgrade only or for trips to RSA altogether? If not how can I switch to getting voyager miles instead of sky miles for my trip in April?

Posts: 1473 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Kevin,

Your Delta miles are good, but only for Coach 80,000 miles or Business Class 120,000 to Africa. Providing dates of travel are available. You can't up grade on the South African Airlines flight with Delta miles.

Another option is the American Express card holder 2 for 1 in coach or business class. You pay for a full fare ticket and the 2nd person goes for just the tax on their ticket.
Travel has to be together.

The other way is to buy a Business Class ticket for 5,999.00 plus tax.

Kathi

kathi@wldtravel.com

Posts: 9372 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Kathi is a champ! I've bought 3 ATL to J'burg tickets this year for me and my friends. She gets it right.

And you folks who enjoyed the suite with me in Dallas.. That was Kathi's doing!

Of course there are lots of good agents, but you'll have to go a long way to prove that anyone will work harder for you than Kathi!

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Kathi is fast and furious on the details and getting things done. That's why I recommend that my clients utilize her services. She's a winner!

I also found out much too late that she and her husband were on my return flight from the Dark Continent last year!

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T. Carr - I think it was 33,400 miles for the one way upgrade. These upgrades and frequent flyer mile benefits are very complicated. Just ask Kathi - she'll straighten everything out.

Posts: 74 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Kathi,
sent you an email today about travel to South America

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote