ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    2x Buffalo and PG with Zambezi Hunters and Thierry Labat
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2x Buffalo and PG with Zambezi Hunters and Thierry Labat
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
My heart, my mind, and a considerable portion of my soul make their home in Africa. I will return every year to search for them for just as long as I can. I just hope I never find them and the search continues for the rest of my days.

Well spoken, Will. Great hunt and congratulations. Wish I were there with you. Did you tell Thierry I was defiling his buffalo-stained boots by wearing them around Vegas?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Will,

Congratulations on another fine hunt. Looking forward to seeing you in Dallas.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulation on your hunt.Excellent shot on the first buff and a very nice kudu.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will
Congratulations on a great clean up hunt.
Maybe I'll meet you at the ZH booth in Dallas.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
Well done, Will. Either of those two buffalo are a trophy of a lifetime. Seeing those photos has me thinking about adding a buff to my pending leopard hunt.

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will
Congratulations a beautiful pair of Buffs.Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, awesome trophies phenomenal stories.
Thank you for sharing
Efrain

Posts: 8 | Location: Boston MA USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Awesome hunt,great report,very nice buffs!

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will,

What a hunt. Thanks for sharing

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbax
posted Hide Post
Cracking pair of buffalo - very jealous indeed.
I had hoped to make a trip for a Buffalo in 2012 but sadly there is no chance now.

Best
Guy

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
Do the Blue wildebeest usually have that white chevron? Looks similar to the Nyasaland we get in Southern Tz.

Hi Will,
You may have missed this question of mine on my first post. The 2 consecutive pictures of the wildebeest in your report look like that of two separate animals and locations and you may have gotten the photos mixed-up from a previous hunt?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Do the Blue wildebeest usually have that white chevron? Looks similar to the Nyasaland we get in Southern Tz.

Hi Will,
You may have missed this question of mine on my first post. The 2 consecutive pictures of the wildebeest in your report look like that of two separate animals and locations and you may have gotten the photos mixed-up from a previous hunt?

Agree with you Mich, certainly 2 different animals in 2 different areas with totally different type of vegetation - also I do not recall ever seeing a Wildebeest with a mane that stands erect like that of a Zebra (unless he's a young fella).

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
quote:

Hi Will,

Agree with you Mich, certainly 2 different animals in 2 different areas with totally different type of vegetation - also I do not recall ever seeing a Wildebeest with a mane that stands erect like that of a Zebra (unless he's a young fella).

The first wildebeest - with the chevron - was shot in Zim,by me, on this hunt. It is uncharastic of the blue wb, but it occurs in a small percentage of the animals in that area.

The second animal was shot by another hunter and Thierry and I stopped by to talk while they loaded him up. So, yes, it is a different animal. However it is in the same area and was shot a day or two before I shot mine.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good stuff Will. Congrats

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Will, thanks for sharing

Posts: 8 | Location: Boston MA USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report Will.

Hunting a grand old warrior properly is as good as it gets...

Posts: 1791 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report, two excellent Buffalo.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote