ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    What is your Dream Eland? (pics added)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your Dream Eland? (pics added)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy Smokes! What an adventure and what an eland! Congratulations!

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This fantastic report is the reason why any talk of "no reports" is a travesty. Excellent stuff!
JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man is that a great LDE. I must be the only man to ever hunt them and not connect, but I am sure proud of you !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
That's some awesome trophies and a very good story to go with them! Thanks Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SemperFiHunter
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I would love to draw down on one with 36" horns, and when I mount him with the tips of the horns seven feet off the ground, the dewlap drags.

Sharpshooter, how would you manage to get him on his knees before you mount him? Shoot him first?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
I just couldn't resist that.

And it helped me contain the green envy I felt after reading such a fine report of a truly spectacular hunt for some awesome trophies in an exotic locale that I will probably never be fortunate enough to see.

My hat is off to 505 Gibbs!
Well done man!

SFH

REMANUS DURUS CORPS!

Posts: 65 | Location: Republic of Texas. | Registered: 16 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Awesome trophies. Congrats. That eland is beautiful!

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
A few more pics,
This is Graham Turner (other guy in camp) and the bull he shot with Thierry.

Here is a Giant Forest Hog (we saw quite a few of these)

Another pic of Grahams Eland, another great old bull.

Some guys chopping honey out of a tree

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
And a video of when one of the eland came into camp. These guys loose their minds when someone shoots an Eland.
<br /><span style="font-size: 70%" ><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=vifztz&s=7" >Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com" >TinyPic</a></span>

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Wery nice report!its my dream to hunt one of these beautiful elands too! tu2

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Awsome, awesome, awesome! Well done! tu2

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brad - Awesome man, really happy for ya! Looking forward to hearing about the Zambia trip too, good luck.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi brad,

just came across your post. Great report.

Thank you so much for your words. It is a pleasure to know we were part of making your dreams come true. We strive to make it like that for all our clients!!! posts like this, and happy clients make all our hard work worth it!!!! Thank you soo much!!!

BTW- Daves face that you wanted to have a picture of, made me crack up, i knew EXACTLY what you were talking about, especially after you shot the eland!!! When he hunts, hes in a zone; never changes!!! hahahahahahahha love it!!

Regards,
Maria Rademeyer
Northern Operations Africa
www.NorthernOperationsAfrica.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Miami | Registered: 09 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Excellent report and great adventure. Dave is a great guy. CAR and Giant Eland is one of the very best adventures anyone can experience! Great job!

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
That report has just messed up my whole hunting priority list!!

Those Eland are just something else.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That story just made me add an eland to my hunt with Martin next month. Now he's got to find an old Dagga Boy and a old blue bull for me.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible hunt and well reported. One of the most exciting hunts ever posted here. Congratultions.

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was bitten by the eland bug in 2007 with Vaughan Fulton. The itch is next going to be scratched in Zim with Mokore this August, but some day I really do want to try for LDE. Fantastic-looking animal and a fantastic-looking hunt!

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Thanks and congratulations. You have had quite a year!

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Outstanding and great shooting.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Awesome Trophies!!! Congrats

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote