New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Safaris Africa anyone?
 Login/Join

Picture of TSBotswana
posted
Hi all, was just wondering if anyone has ever hunted with Trophy Safaris Africa? I have hunted in the Limpopo region with Cruiser safaris (had a way good time!) just looking for a different area for myself and to take the wife and son, (their first time). Trying to find a good outfit in this area, (KwaZulu-Natal), that wont break the bank to much. Wife really wants a try at a Nyala.
Any input or info would be welcome.
Thanks

Posts: 14 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello TSBotswana,

I can't answer your question as I don't know that outfitter, but Chris Troskie has a concession in KZN and usually takes good trophy nyala off it. He recently had a good price posted for one in the Outfitters section...

http://forums.accuratereloadin...721012071#9721012071

Best,

jpj3

Posts: 141 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
My son and I hunted with Trophy Safaris in 2009. I recommend them highly. I took a nice nyala, bushbuck & impala. My son took an impala, blesbok, blue wildebeest, kudu & nyala.
The nyala was not part of his package, but the PH with him made a wrong call on his kudu (same scenario as Ruark's) & they offered him another kudu or an nyala, his choice. Great outfit, open range hunting on communal property. They had taken a 60" kudu a couple of months before our trip, but no such luck for us. I did not see the quantity of game that you would see on a high fenced place, but saw plenty none the less.

Posts: 261 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your looking for a new area to hunt, one that wont break the bank, perhaps consider the Eastern Cape province. Hunting there can be a little cheaper, it is a scenic area, and there is no malaria. A good PH/outfitter there is Marius Vanderventer at Africa Bushveld Safaris. I have hunted with him 4 years running. He is honest, hard working and gives good value. His website is africabushveldsafaris.co.za. E-mails are not his strong pt, so call him if you get serious.

Posts: 59 | Location: New England | Registered: 02 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have a great PH/Outfitter in KZN that loves hunting nyala and is very family friendly. If you PM an email address to me I will send you his details and contact info.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of TSBotswana
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your responses. Definitely still looking into all options,and i am glad to read that Flipper Dude and his son had A good hunt with Trophy Safaris. Ann pm sent.
Once again thank you all.

Posts: 14 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Hi TSBotswana , nice call sign , we use Southern Cross Safaris for good value plains game hunts in South Africa , contact Chris Cawood , then Madabula Safaris with John Abraham are top notch and many of my hunting friends have given great report backs from their hunt with him , he is based in KZN . Garry Kelly is also first class all three guys can be contacted on their web pages . If you need any further info send me an email on saf.bots@info.bw .

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote