ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    2002 "Hunts For Africa" Trip

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2002 "Hunts For Africa" Trip
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
Sorry this was last year guys, but being a relative newbie on the forum I just figured out how to post pix.

I hunted with Hunts for Africa last near between Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa on Tintshaba Reserve. Took some really nice animals including a 40 5/8" buffalo, a 28" blue wildebeest, 28" waterbuck, 53 1/2" kudu, zebra, impala and a couple of warthogs.
Brad Rolston was my P.H. and he was loads of fun.

Russell Lovemore owns Hunts for Africa. You can find him at www.huntsfor africa.za.co.  -

I shot my buff on the third day. We looked at a number of buffalo the first couple of days but the wind was squirrelly and it seemed like everytime we closed the distance it would shift and clear everything out of the country! On the third evening, after sorting through some cows and young bulls, we were walking back to the truck when we bumped into two bulls at 25 yards. My first shot was quartering on and hit him in the heart. Two more solids followed and he ran about 25 yards and gave the death bellow. I was shooting a custom shop Model 70 in .416 Rem Mag. shooting 400 gr. XLC and Barnes solids following the first one.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I thought I had the pictures down pat Let's try again.  -
My waterbuck was shot with my custom CZ in .375H&H Magnum with 270 gr. Failsafes.  -
My blue wildebeest with Lucas, my tracker.  -

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Her are a few more pix from that hunt............  -
This bull was up close and personal.  -
Buffalo hunting is addictive! I am heading for Masailand to hunt two more this November with Ridge Taylor.

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Congtratulations on your safari. Buffalo hunting can be addictive. Thanks for the pictures.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Nice pics. I Especially like the live pic of the buff you ended up taking. Sort of a "before and after" [Smile]

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bwananamrm
What did you have to pay for your Buffalo hunt?
I hunted very close to the area you do did.
( Very bad experience with different outfitter )
Robert johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Robert,
Russell Lovemore of Hunts for Africa put together a package for me. A ten day hunt for buff, kudu, blue wildebeest,zebra, warthog and impala. I added the waterbuck. The package was $12,500, the waterbuck cost me another $1,200. The hunt was a little more expensive than the buff package I compared it to in Zim and less expensive than the Tanzanian hunt I looked at. I seriously thought about the Tanzania hunt but some chap from Mexico bought the last two hunts before I made a deposit and made my mind up for me. That hunt was with Miombo Safaris. The Zim hunt was with Zengela Safaris and Dave Chatham.

While I looked at a number of buffalo on this hunt, the plains game hunting was tough. The animals were very nervous and the bush very thick. In fact, I shot my kudu on the last afternoon around 4:30 after I resigned myself to going home without one. Passed on a couple of 50" class bulls early while still hunting buff and almost regreted it!

one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
I like your waterbuck. They make a great rug with their white stripes!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of more bulls from Tintshaba....

-

-

And an elephant or two...........................

-