New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rob Murray hunt packages?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
don't remember the name of his company, but the bloke looked a bit like Rod Taylor (the movie actor who was pretty popular in the '60s).

Anyway, he had a booth at a couple of Sportsmen's Expositions type shows in northern California a few years back. As I recall a buy a hunt and bring a friend for just one price, you could split the bag apparently.

Anybody know of him/recommend him/or perhaps another outfit that would fit the bill for a first-timer?

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
If I am not mistaken, Rob moved to either New Zealand or Australia last year.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My hunting partner and I hunted twice with Rob Murray in Zimbabwe (95 and 97) when he was running Savanna Safaris hunting Central Estates (320,000 acres). We spent some time on Charter Estates (~100,000 acres) during the 97 hunt. Rob PH'd for my partner during both hunts while I had a second PH (different for each hunt).

I last saw him two years ago at the Eastern Outdoors Show in Harrisburg, PA. At that time he told me upon his returned to Zimbabwe he was going to get his last kid (daughter) out of the country. I didn't make the show this past year but he (Savanna Safaris) wasn't listed as a show exhibitor.

I don't know his whereabouts now but he was quite a character.

Regardless, he had a father/son (or buddy/buddy) type package that was decent which was not a balanced 50/50 hunt animal wise but you could add certain extra animals for the trophy fee. He had a couple of good "first time" packages that were reasonably price.

I think the majority of his clientele were European.

[ 11-12-2003, 01:50: Message edited by: odie401 ]

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote