ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    A hunt for the Giant in CAR ~ Video added
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A hunt for the Giant in CAR ~ Video added
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
If you have any video of the buffalo calling, please post it.

I will do so shortly.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
"C.A.R is more dangerous, but typically has better Eland, so CAR it is!"

Wendell, you have got that absolutely right. I will be honest, this was the first hunting trip ever where I was nervous going in. I was scared from the two legged beast that carries an AK47.

However, the actual risk was different from my perceived risk and I started feeling comfortable from the moment I entered the bush. We always had three guys / trackers with us in vehicle. When we left the vehicle to go tracking all three came with us leaving the truck alone. The first day I asked the PH is it OK, as I had to leave my bag and video camera in the truck, the PH said it is OK since there is no villages near by, there is no problem. Later I learned that they never leave a person to watch the truck and never ever had any problem. This we can not think of doing in the areas we hunted in Zimbabwe.

Also, sadly with CAR's elephants gone, the Sudanese are not attracted here and hence the risk is not worst than any hunting area in Tanzania or Zambia.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are few reasons for outsiders to travel to West Africa other than for oil and diamonds. CAR is a particularly obscure country, particularly to Westerners. So is Cameroon. But for hunters, two great destinations.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Great report tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
As requested, Video of Buffalo calling.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that Ahmed. That was very interesting. It appears it works very well. Did the PH call with his own voice or did he have some sort of device?

Posts: 11980 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Did the PH call with his own voice or did he have some sort of device?

He did it with his own voice.

In the video it appears that the Buffalo are not so close but they came in as close as 10 yards at one point.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahmed - Very cool video! I'm hunting the CAR in 4 weeks, I hope my PH can do that too???? Maybe I should send him a link to your video!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
SIMPLY SPECTACULAR! Nuff said

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truely fascinating. Thanks for posting both your report and the video. A hunt of this nature has just rocketed to the top of my dream list.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of horn
posted Hide Post
wow that's incredible...

Posts: 23 | Location: Italy | Registered: 15 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing footage Ahmed. Thanks for posting. I have never seen buffalo called before.

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conditionone45:
I have never seen buffalo called before.

and this works for cape buffalo as well. Would love to shoot one upclose by this method.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed Sultan:
quote:
Originally posted by conditionone45:
I have never seen buffalo called before.

and this works for cape buffalo as well. Would love to shoot one upclose by this method.

Ahmed:

I really enjoyed your story. I am making my first trip to Africa this summer and cannot wait.

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Hello Ahmed

Congratulations on another outstanding safari. Excellent report, I enjoyed your photographs and video very much.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed your stoty and video.

Posts: 46 | Location: �rskog, Norway | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ahmed

Wonderful adventure and spectacular trophies. Thank you for taking us along!

Posts: 11 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Ahmed
That is a great hunt with some really nice animals. The calling of the buffalo must have been a unique experience. Thanks for sharing.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report! Thank's for shareing thumb

Posts: 103 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 June 2010Reply With Quote