Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Article by our own T.Carr
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Terry:

I read your Africa Hunting article in the latest Safari Club International MAG..... exceptionally written. I liked the way you described our dream scape...AFRICA

I was reading the article and said wait a minute I know this guy......LOL Sure I know T.Carr from HERE!!!!!

Great job.... now you will have to write about your next trip coming up.

Regards.... Jim P.

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Thanks, SCI left out a couple of paragraphs (and rearranged the order of some paragraphs) when they edited the story. They kind of messed it up, but at least they published it after (we submitted the story over two and a half years ago).

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry, I think they did the same thing on the Last Minute Lion article. I started reading it and about 2/3's the way through it jumped from I think shooting a lesser kudu to the lion was down. Sort of pissed me off to invest the time in reading it only to have the spotting of the lion, stalk, shot etc... left out.

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done Terry. I really enjoyed the article. You did a good job of putting the reader there with you.

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing. Hey I know this guy! Very well done, and a half dozen Atta boys. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Great job Terry. I enjoyed reading it as well. Don't take editors too personally, everybody gets edited here and there.
Keep up the good work.

Kyler

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote