New
Find
Notify
Tools

SafariBotswana Bound never again!
 Login/Join

<GlennB>
posted
The following is the narrative I sent to SCI regarding my hunt. I know it does not follow the usual format, but I felt I needed to elaborate.

This hunt was purchased at the International convention in 2002. It had an advertised and alleged value of $18000.00 USD. The outfitter, Graeme Pollack, assured me that he was to be the PH, and that there would be separate accommodations for the two, single males (one hunter, one non-hunter) accompanying my wife and I. Upon our arrival in camp, we were informed that he had left that morning and that he was not due back in camp until the day after we left. Also, the accommodations were not as stated. When we returned in the afternoon from a day of hunting, we found that he had returned to camp to drop off a hunting vehicle and take another. It was discovered that the vehicle he left had a broken spring, among other problems.

The contract stated that ALL government fees were to be included. He showed me a list of government license fees I was expected to pay. They were different that what he had posted on his web site. In fact, the prices he quoted included the government trophy fee and license fee whereas he was supposed to donate the government fee (which he greatly inflated). When the costs were compared, the price I paid was the same full price as if I had booked directly thru him. There was no �donation� to speak of. There was only a fraudulent representation of what he allegedly �donated�.

When we went to settle up at the close of the hunt, the camp manager, Judy, advised that we had to pay an additional $50.00 USD government fee per day. This was an additional $1100.00 USD. This amount was arrived at by charging each �hunter� $50.00 USD per day for ten days and $50.00 USD for each �non-hunter� for one day of hunting. I showed her a copy of the contract. She relayed this info to Graeme�s wife, Amber, who said it was �new� and that we had to pay it. I had no choice but to pay for fear that my trophies would never arrive.

When the trophies did arrive, we found that they had been incorrectly packaged. The capes were shipped folded, with the hair side out. This is very unusual. The unavoidable result is that the hair was rubbed off the stiff salted hides, particularly at the corners of the folds. This is caused by vibration encountered during truck and air shipment. In my (and others) prior experience in Africa and throughout North America I have never seen an outfitter ship a cape hair side out.

When animals were taken to the skinning shed, we asked the skinner to attempt to recover any bullets. None were ever recovered.

The PH, Robert, asked me what licenses we had. When I told him that they included duiker, he asked, �Why did you buy a duiker license? There are very few here�. In the ten days of hunting, we saw one duiker, which would attest to their rarity.

I continually asked the camp manager to obtain a license for my wife to shoot a Springbok. Even though I was assured that a license would be obtained, after her many trips into town, she would advise each time that she did not obtain a license.

After shooting a trophy, we would ask the camp manager, Judy, to instruct the camp cook to prepare the meat for dinner that evening. It was only after much �discussion� would our requests be honored.

Amber instructed us to obtain South African firearms import permits. I emailed her three times requesting information on how to obtain the permits. She never answered my inquiry.

The bottom line is that I would never hunt with this organization again. I know the usual disclaimers are posted in the auction brochure, but believe that SCI should seriously reconsider accepting another �donation� from an organization that does not honor its contracts (which, if he were based in the US, I would have legal recourse) and is so poorly run.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Contracts with outfitters and PH's based in Africa are not worth the paper they are written on. Botswana has been well known to publicize an anti-corruption policy, so that bribes are not necessary to get through the airports with firearms, etc. I guess that is as far as it goes.

Money is the only thing that talks on safari? And some PH's and outfitters pretend to be hard of hearing, and can't read to boot.

So much for contracts. I suppose that they are also impaired to the point that a verbal agreement and a handshake mean nothing also. Is it morals, i.e. greed, or desperation that corrupts them?

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear that.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your hunt.

I doubt you will get any joy from SCI after your complaint and it would not suprise em to see another "donated" hunt in their auctions from the same outfitter! [Frown] [Mad]

Reputation through word of mouth is still the best way to judge an outfitter IMO. Often they are not cheap though. [Frown]

Happy hunting!

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. I will pass this info on, as our chapter has been offered hunts with these people and the Pres is interesterd in offering their hunt for auction. I don't think so [Mad] , if I have any say. Again Thank you for this report. I am glad people are willing to report the not so good reports.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glenn B
If you are a member of the Hunting Report file a report. I have found this is the only fair way to get your case heard. Try to be as unbiassed & truthful as you can. Don't dig up small problems, Document the differences in all prices.

I am not a African expert, But I have paid a lot for the little I know.

>

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glenn,

I second Robert's advise to bring your situation to the attention of Don Causey with The Hunting Report. Don will summit your complaint to Pollack and ask for a rebuttal which he will publish. The Hunting Report carries quite a bit of weight in the business and has been of great assistance to me in the past.

I'm sorry this happened to you. A safari gone sour is an agonizing affair. I've been there.

Good luck,

Mark H. Young

Posts: 12876 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
My first safari was on the basis of 50% deposit on daily rate with the balance plus trophy fees payable at the end of the safari.

Worked wonderful. The outfitter was reputable and provided a good safari.

If they stated all government fees were included rather than a list of government fees cover when they come up with supposedly new fees that is their business and they can cover them.

I do NOT like this full upfront payment safari idea and doubt I will ever book this way again. If they then try this sort of BS they can stick the trophies and you get a 50% discount on a shooting holiday.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Glenn; I am sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. I too went on a SBB donated hunt this summer, but I didn't seem to have the trouble you experienced. In fact, I was never made to feel less than a direct, full paying contract customer.

The SCI donation description for the Kalahari hunt specifically "excluded": Gun permits $ 150, VAT $ 150/hunter and game licenses. SBB sent me a list of the fees early on after I notified them I had purchased the SCI donated hunt and everything was spelled out. As a matter of fact, all license fees had to be paid prior to arrival at camp, so that couldn't have been much of a surprise. I have to admit that the licenses were expensive, but that's Botswana. I don't see anything in the description about government fees being included. What "government fees" were you charged?

Also, SBB doesn't handle the shipping of the trophies, that is all handled by Mochaba in Maun, who provides the dip and crating. Surely you paid Mochaba to prepare your trophies, how can you hold SBB responsible for what Mochaba did?

The $ 50 / day fee is news to me as I was never charged that fee.

I must agree that SBB shouldn't inlcude duiker in their package as the cost of the licenses were certainly not worth the opportunity. I saw three duiker in a week. Well, saw the same one a few times, but only saw three different animals.

I found the accomodations to be quite nice and the PH's vehicle was in perfect working order. Did we go to the same camp?

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Glenn`s report regarding G. Pollack and Safari Bottswana Bound renewed a sick feeling I was just starting to lose after my fifth african safari turned into a diaster in the hands of SBB and mr.and Mrs, P. Mine was also a "donated" hunt purchased at auction thru SCI.
Pollack pulled all the crap he served to Glenn PLUS broke EVERY promise he made to me at SCI convention. Nothing went as represented...EVERYTHING turned "soft and brown" the moment our plane hit the ground. If you`re thinking of safari with SBB, for god`s sake, turn and run. Hope with all my heart that SCI will take some action but doubt it!

Posts: 14 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
<GlennB>
posted
Mighty Joe,

I don't know what your contract said. I can only attest to what mine stated.

The hides are salted and dried at camp. They are then folded and sent to Mochaba. In any event, the outfitter is responsible for ensuring that all details are checked and done right.

Again, as far as the $50.00 USD per day charge, I can only attest to what I have documentation for.

As far as what camp you were in , I don't know.

My own curiosity requires me to ask if your taxidermist has recieved your trophies yet, and what kind of condition they were in.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is distressing to hear of problems like this, however, our experience with SBB was quite positive and successful. We hunted there in 2000 and, based on that experience, would recommend them highly.

SBB have donated several hunts to the Dallas Safari Club over the years, and to my knowlege, there have been no problems.

Posts: 192 | Location: Norman, OK USA | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
<GlennB>
posted
I doubt seriously the free publicity had anything to do with the quality of your hunt.

He has also "donated" extensively to the SCI chapters and to national in an attempt to have the organizations do the marketing for him.

posted Hide Post
Please File in "The Hunting Report" Publication

Click Here to File Report Online

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Houston SCI has one of these hunts donated for their auction this weekend.

Posts: 156 | Location: Gray, Tennessee | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
Randy720: I also noticed that as well. I also noticed that they have a list of items not included on the package. At first glance it looks like most of the items that GlennB is questioning and seemed to have a discrepancy with his hunt. I don't know what happend there but there was definately a communication problem somewhere along the line, whether intentional or not.

It's a shame when things like that happen.

Glenn I hope you can get something worked out.

one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Glenn; My trophies haven't left Maun yet. I believe they will be shipped to San Fransisco on the 29th, where the tanner (NMFD) will pull the hides, tan them and then ship the whole shipment to my taxi in Oklahoma. So, I suppose I won't know the quality of hides for quite some time. I pray I don't have the same problem.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
David, My nightmare with Grame and Amber Pollack and Safari Botswana Bound WAS NOT a communications problem! I could give many, many reasons why they were the worst safari operator I`ve ever experienced, for example: moving one of the ph`s from his regular quarters and giving him a guest tent forcing me to double up with another hunter...broken promise! Giving me a ph I didn`t want instead of the one promised! Taking away the hartebeast license I was promised at the time of signing just days before my flight! EXTRA costs! etc,etc,etc,etc!

<DavidP>
posted
Duggaboy,
I was only referring to GlennB's hunt not yours. Believe me, I am not making light of any of the situations and problems with the safari company if you got that impression. I was referring to the cost of the extra gov. fees and add ons that GlennB got hit with. Those are definate communication problems that got lost somewhere from the time the hunt was represented and he purchased it to when he settled his final bill. If those costs were included then they obviously should have been. No if, ands or buts. If they weren't meant to be included then the safari company should have made that perfectly clear up front.

It's a shame when people get stuck with unexpected costs on any hunt. My feeling is that the safari company has an obligation to make them known to all clients. After all, it's what they do every day.

Something sounds wrong about this outfit just by reading the above testimonials. You have some folks with great experiences yet others like yourself, with horrible and very similar experiences.

Unexpected costs are one problem and shoddy service is another. Neither are acceptible and can be a symptom of different problems whether they are misrepresentation, miscommunication, unforeseen problems or just plain thievery and ripoff scams.

<GlennB>
posted
David,

I agree wholeheartedly with your response to DuggaBoy. In my case, I have a contract signed by Graeme Pollack and myself stating what is included and what isn't. All Gov't fees, permits, gun permits, concession fees etc., were included, according to the contract. Pollack's company chose not to honor the contract signed by Pollack and myself.

If it happened to me, it will happen to somebody else.

posted Hide Post
Wonder how many SCI chapters will have to get screwed by SBB and Grame Pollack hunt "donations" before they get wise and stop accepting them?

one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Glenn, Duggaboy & Biggametv; When did you go? I went this year and every thing was spelled out and it sounds like his donation description for next year has those items of question spelled out.

Could be that Graeme changed the terms after he realized he was getting so much grief from disgruntled hunters.

<DavidP>
posted
Glenn and Daggaboy,
That really stinks and the real shame is it makes it harder on the outfits that do actually honor what they promise. It makes folks suspicious and rightfully so. This kind of thing only hurts everyone, including themselves.

There is nothing worse than having what should be a fantastic hunt turn sour and end up as a lousey experience and wasted money.

I am going to try and follow up with the hunt donation in Houston to see how that pans out.

<GlennB>
posted
I hunted with SBB last year.

David, I know of several chapters that have refused the alleged donations because after examination, they found his basis was what the hunter would have been charged if the hunter had gone to the SBB web site and booked a hunt thru it. In other words, no donation, just letting SCI do his booking for him.

That, and the refusal to honor my contract, has caused many chapters to be gunshy.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
duggaboy

It sounds like you safari was horrible from the few sparse negative comments you have made. But would you mind giving us all a proper hunt report with more details.

It isn't unknown on these forums for the "competition" to slander the opposition and I note your profile does not have an email or even allow PM messages (?). Also ALL your posts have been on this one topic and you joined this month.

Not claiming anything but there seems to be very contradictory messages of good safaris and bad safaris on this thread. Its good to keep the Hunt Reports real if possible.

If your comments are factual I can certainly commiserate with you on your safari. [Frown]

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
NitroX, I`ve been following this forum for quite some time now. I was motivated to make my first posting by reading Glenn B`s report which briought back similar bad memories of my dealings with SBB. I`m not sure what you mean by a proper hunt report but I could probanly provide 25,000 words about my experience.
I am a retired man living in Arizona, and can assure you, have no "ax to grind" against or in favor of any particular operator. I just don`t think SBB should be taking folks money only to break every promise once they have you on the ground in Africa. I also feel VERY strongly that SCI should not be endorsing this operator by accepting their "donated" hunts, but, I guess money is money!
My last comment...Since I am now retired and on a fixed income, this was probably my last opportunity to hunt Africa.

One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Today is 29 October 2003 , Mr Bevin hunted in 2002 over one year ago, IT SHOULD BE NOTED FROM THE START THAT MR GLENN BEVIN HAS NEVER EVER EXPRESSED HIS DISCONTENT WITH EITHER HIS HUNT OR HIS TROPHY SHIPMENT EITHER VERBALLY OR IN WRITTING OR TO ME OR ANY MEMBER OF OUR COMPANY.
It should be noted that SCI publicised this hunt so the facts are available to all to see for themselfes by simply referring to the auction catelogs. I can also fax to any person the Donation letter given to SCI WHERE IT CLEARLY STATES under items EXCLUDED : game licenses.
In the signed contract of Donation to SCI there is a clause ( ANY OTHER FEES TO BE INCURRED BY HUNTER ) we clearly state License fees , gunpermits , trophy transport air charters.
The dip pack and shipping is handled by a Maun taxidermist who on delivery of the trophies signs and gives a report of the condition of the trophies delivered - no mention is made of trophies being in the condition Mr. Bevin states . Again this documentation is available for all to see - please simply request it from us.
Regarding the fee structure of the $50-00 this was introduced by Government and is called a CHA permit, all outfitters have the clause that any new fee imposed on them by the Government is for the account of the hunter. WE DONT GET THIS MONEY it is passed to Government.
It should be noted the hunt value is taken off the published and displayed at show price list ( again these are available for all to see ) this was valued at $ 18 500-00 - however at any convention any outfitter runs specials for participants at the convention IF YOU SIGN UP AT TH BOOTH , but Mr Bevin paid $ 3 000-00( to SCI NOT us ) for a 10 day safari which included 12 trophies. It should be noted this hunt takes place in a 1,8 million acre wilderness area ( no fences ) this is true hunting - no gaurentees - only a destination for true ethical sport hunters - of which we host over 40 a year who will all bear testimony to the standards of camp staff and trophy quality. Again a list of references is freely available we can email or fax to any concerned party.
Regarding the Springbok trophy for Mr Bevins wife - this one will put the essence of Mr Bevins allegations in perspective - for the last 3 years we have had what is called a community quota - in other words we shoot animals for the villages - for meat - we were asked to harvest nearly 50 extra Springbok for the community - this we passed on to the hunters in camp - hunters who hunted this area will testify to the fact that most were asked to shoot additional Springbok , Gemsbok , Steenbok and Ostrich for FREE.
Regarding meals - again our greatest concern was that our hunters would be fed up with eating game meat EVERY day ( we do harvest over 200 carcasses) it is highly doubtfull if our managers served anything but venison all the time as the nearest butchery is over 100 miles from camp.
However to me the saddest part of the problem is that Mr Bevin did not once communicate these problem to us but chose to attempt to discredit us over a public forum . Mr. Bevin knows that all his allegations are easily challanged by what is available in writing , but to go on a web site it would be easy for Mr Bevin to fabricate the truth.
I further request any other party to first write to us if you do not feel we can address your problem to your satisfaction there are other chanells - there is the Hunting Report and there is the SCI ethics commitee. As a company who employs over 70 staff members and operates 10 vehicles , harvests over 250 trophies a year in three concession areas of over 4 million acres we would be naive to think there will be no problems and everybody would be happy all the time . We welcome criticism and ask any person not happy about something to contact us immediatly at saf.bots@info.bw or fax +267 686 4073.
The last point I wish to be made is that hunt donations are not a forum for hunts to be picked up cheap by bargain basement hunters , they are donations to hunting organisations who use the donations to raise funds for the good of hunting , they get the money not the outfitter ( in some cases a portion of the funds are rebated - but in Mr Bevins case only $1 000 was rebated to us - for 12 trophies and 10 days hunting for 4 people - I think the allegation we are in it to make money is a reflection on any person making this statement ).
The donation hunt programme has great ideals in mind it raises funds for wildlife conservation and other great hunting programmes its aimed at preserving hunting for the future- Mr Bevin has missed the mark if he wanted a cheap hunt he should have bought appropriatly and in the right forum, and I reiterate the money Mr Bevin paid for his hunt went to SCI not to us - it went to a greater calling than our little company.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TO ALL PARTIES FOLLOWING THIS FORUM , PLEASE NOTE UNDER CAREFULL INVESTIGATION IT WAS DISCOVERED DUGGABOY IS MR HUDSON WHO IS A HUNTING AGENT WHO WE DECLINED TO DO BUSSINESS WITH , HE AND MR BEVINE ARE THE TWO HUNTERS WHO HUNTED THE SCI DONATION HUNT OF 2002. I HAVE REPORTED THIS TO THE ETHICS COMMITTE OF THE SCI AND TO DALLAS SAFARI CLUB AND ASKED THEY TAKE THE APPROPRIATE ACTION AS I VIEW THIS AS A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT OUR COMPANY BY POSEING AS TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PARTIES . NITROX PICKED THIS UP ON 10-24-2003 AND YOU SHOULD READ DUGGABOYS RESPONSE FOR CLARITY OF THE SITUATION. IWILL ALSO NOW GIVE THE FULL HISTORY OF THE HUNT AND REQUEST PARTIES TO EMAIL ME FOR THE FAX COPY OF THE HUNTING DESCRIPTION AND THE CORRESPONDENCE WITH MR BEVINE AND PARTY WHERE TO QUOTE " anyway , the hunt was presented as daily rate and trophy fees included for the designated animals, leaving us to pay only the license fees et. " END OF QUOTE.
THIS WAS A FAX FROM THEIR PARTY DATED MAY 20, 2002 AND FORMS PART OF OUR REPORT TO SCI AND DSC.
MY NEXT POSTING WILL GIVE FACTS AND ASK ALL PARTIES TO EMAIL THEIR FAX NUMBERS SO I CAN FAX THEM PROOF OF MR BEVINES FALSE ALEGATIONS. IT IS ALL IN BLACK AND WHITE.
GRAEME POLLOCK

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dugga Boy and GlennB:
SEEMS TO ME YOU'RE ......BUSTED!!!!!!!

Would like to read your comments......

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
<GlennB>
posted
Me busted?

Got news for you. If Graeme wants to show documentation before an impartial panel, I am ready for it! In fact, I challenge him to put up or shut up, my contract, which he signed, against whatever he chooses to falsify. If the $50.00 USD went to the government, how come nobody else paid it?

<GlennB>
posted
Additionaly, during the course of attempting to get info from Graeme, I had sent repeated emails requesting info that were not answered. I also have kept the emails.

It matters not that you asked other hunters to shoot animals for free. We requested a license and it was not forthcoming. If there was a problem, we should have been advised.

Put up or shut up!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TO Glen Bevin and Doug Hudson ( Duggaboy) , sorry you are busted - I refer you to your email to me dated 22 July 2003 - you ask for a Gemsbok for your wife - no mention of Springbok - black and white , another lie , I refer you to Mr Hudsons email to me dated May 20, 2002 , second paragraph Anyway the hunt was presented as daily rate and trophy fees included for the designated animals leaving us to pay only the license fees etc. " you say I quoted you license fees included - two lies in one go , I dont quote you its a SCI hunt you pay them , second lie your own party admit the licenses are payable ( something we discussed at the show ) .
I am faxing you the SCI donation letter and my signed contract with SCI for my donation , plus the contract sent to you. After that lets see your reply , lets see if you tell the truth once everybody sees you have been sent proof.
Make no mistake we are taking this further , I think that you have made contact with SCI who have shown you the facts that they have on record hence your reluctance to inform this forum of their response - we know the facts as we have them on file.
I also notice no reply to the unveiling of your little game with Duggaboy Hudson or the rest of my reply . You also forget there was a third party in your hunt , Pete who sent us emails and states he never had any misunderstanding about the license fees ( this was all before the hunt not after ) and distances himself from you and Hudson .
I trust your fax number is the same - stand by the fax is coming now - but as you and I know - you have all this allready.
Graeme Pollock

<GlennB>
posted
Let's get it on!

If fact, let's do it in the open. I am sure many of the forum members will be at SCI in 2004. You and me.

I asked Judy many times about a license for my wife. If you have no record of it, talk to her.

Now about the "lie" allegation. If anybody is a liar it is you. I will show my contract which you signed, to anybody. It will show what you have crossed out and what you have written. You do not have any integrity. I sincerely hope that you did file an ethics charge against myself. This way, when the truth comes out, SCI will no longer act as a booking agent for you.

Your basis for the hunt was full price. You did not donate anything.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To all ,

The fog is lifting , in an attempt to fax Mr Bevin a copy of his contract , SCI Contract copy of the emails from Him and Hudson - his fax number on his contract is wrong 602 231 4620, so I went into his home page and would you believe it, Mr Bevin is a Hunting Agent as well ( please go see for yourself) somewhere in this forum someone stated the competitors use this to slate competition etc - now as per all my responses earlier and my statement to Dallas Safari Club ( who alerted me to this web page ) and is in my report to SCI I had declined any offer for them to act as an agent for us before - hence , I am sure , their one year later surprise attack. Now as Mr Bevin knows I am trying to fax him copies why is he doing a Duggaboy Hudson on me and not simply giving me the truth ,the fax number - he has my email adress , fax and phone , yet he does not send it.
So please Mr Bevin email , phone or fax me your fax number.
In response to your last outburst - the truth is you never asked for a Springbok license , we have it in writing - if you asked at camp , my guess is that they told you it was a 8 hour drive and the charge would be $100-00 to collect the license ( needed by law before you can hunt a trophy animal) given your belief that we were robbing you , I somehow doubt if you would have given them the OK to go and fetch the license at a fee of $100-00. Again anybody can say something was verbal - what we have in writing is your order /request for game licenses and it clearly states only a Gemsbok for your wife Lisa.
Your requests for information - again refer to your emails , we sent a full letter explaining everything to all three parties - we have enquiries back regarding some of the isues that were answered from your party, if you failed to read the full information letter , who is to blame ?
But as my wife Amber has just told me - what is the problem - even if you thought there was a mistake with regards to licenses , you were made fully aware of it months before the hunt and even on the same day you purchased the hunt FROM SCI .
You could simply have returned the hunt if you thought SCI had not advised you of the licenses adequately. As for the rest I think you must be deaf not to hear the chuckles from all parties, they are probably wondering why I am wasting time corresponding with you. Its simple I hate deception of the kind you are pulling. If this was a real true issue - why was it not raised at the SCI show this year or in the last 15 months since you hunted with us.
Anyway those still interested I ask you to email me with your fax number so I can send you the correspondence - I urge you to ask the same from Mr. Bevin ( contact me on saf.bots@info.bw).
All the best
Graeme Pollock

<GlennB>
posted
Due to the fact that you obviously cannot tell the truth and are easily excitable, I refuse to meet with you one on one. I prefer to air our differences before an impartial panel. Hopefully the SCI ethcis committee.

If you had truly wished to contact me, you could have done so by checking my profile.

I might also had that I was not an (agent) prior to my mistake of hunting with your organization.

As far as the license request goes, Judy made it perfectly clear that it would cost (which we were willing to pay) for the license. Three trips into town for other items did not seem to matter to your office to obtain a license. It was also understood by us that if she had shot a springbok, that a trophy fee would then have been in order.

I think the chuckles are due to your yelling and screaming like a spoiled child who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr Bevin ,

Sorry but again I checked your profile and the number you have listed was called by my office but the signal came back as no connection - no fax signal - so we have tried again to send you the documents - to no avail - I then checked emails and there are many advising me of your regurgitation but none from you giving me a fax number - I need this to prove I sent you copies you may later claim to have no record of ( a legal requirement ). For the third /fourth time please send fax number . As to the outbursts yes I am seething - my donations are in good faith - your statement that these hunts are at full rate truly burns me up and suggest you cost out 2 hunters plus 2 observers and 12 trophies for 10 days and then see if you can purchase that from any outfitter for what you paid . Then remember SCI gets the money and rebates us 30%. Your rebate was $2100-00 - your portion of the hunt is then 1/3 of this amount that is $700-00 yes thats what we got for you to come spend 10 days , hunt 6 species , let your wife hunt for free , transport your trophies 18 hours by the road to the shipper , pay the $150 for your gun permits , drive 12 hours a day searching for game at our cost etc etc . Trust me your $700-00 does not even cover the time and paper trying to make the hunt work for you.
So yes I detest abuse of ones hospitality and if you cannot work out that we most certainly do not profit from a SCI donation then i most certainly cannot help you.
But please send me your fax number , thank you
Graeme Pollock

posted Hide Post
Well, well, Grame Pollack.. You finally got busted for your shabby dishonest treatment of clients. Just happens that this time you screwed over a couple of guys who new what to expect of an ethical operator.
True, IN THE PAST, I served as U.S. rep.for a couple of safari companies. I WAS NOT A REP at the time I hunted with you. I was LONG GONE from the business and have NO plans to return...As I have said previously, I AM RETIRED! Besides, why would I want to represent your company considering the fact that I have been completely out of the business for some time AND my experience with your outfit was horrible? When I was active I only represented Zimbabwe, and RSA... No ax to grind in Botswana! I NEVER asked to rep. you...that would be crazy since, before hunting with you I gave up several wonderful outfitters to RETIRE!
In your childish rage you said I had lied about something. I have reviewed all of my writings and challange you to find one single untruth.
Oh well, this is just like a pissing contest with a skunk!
This fourm is for reporting on hunts to fellow hunters, Guess you don`t like that!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Enough, hear say already, scan the contract, post it and let everyone decide for themselves.

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
<GlennB>
posted
Since we are now in the realm of "legal requirements", I prefer to wait for your attorney to file his discovery motion or until I have the opportunity (which I look forward to) to present my case to the ethics committee.

one of us
posted Hide Post
fil�i�bus�ter ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fl-bstr) n.

The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
An instance of the use of this delaying tactic.

GlennB, if you can't or are unwilling to prove anything stick a fork in this thread.

[ 10-29-2003, 23:58: Message edited by: GMaxson ]

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote