ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Just returned from my first trip to Africa
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just returned from my first trip to Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I agree with some of the others. Do not write off South Africa as it probably has everything you are looking for and more. Quite simply have your guns cleared by a second party and most operators will offer this service.

Was it Matt Graham who recently posted a splendid report of his trip to SA? The country looked stunning and the quality of his trophies were outstanding.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congratulations-nice trophies and excellent report

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Gras Ranch.....I went there last year and had a blast....it sounds like they have everything you are looking for......free chase on 100,000 acres...lots of good game....great food and lodging

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PostOak
You were in the right area but about 50km away from where I would recommend.
Please contact Northen Zululand Safaris, Leo van Rooyen. Their area is 25000ha about 8 times the size of what you hunted and in a much wilder area as they back against the Ubombo mountains and Swaziland.It is a big 5 area and you will get to hike up wild valleys and track game along the most stunning river frontage in the area. Leo is the kind of hunter who gets in to 10 yard range on Ele, so you can expect an awesome hunt.
If you want really wild then try their concession in Mozambique or Namibia
Leo is a great hunter and will ensure you get what you want. Try them. http://www.northernzululand.com

HQ

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The important thing is that you managed the "not so good" stuff and you enjoyed the hunt.

From the smile on your face in the pictures you had good time. Hunting SA is tantamount to hunting in the Texas Hill Country. The terrain is about the same and the accommodations are as good or better.

Thanks for sharing.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think any trip has got its warts to consider. My first trip to Namibia in 2009 had some problems like a greedy, knotheaded outfitter who did about only 70-80% of what he said. His was also a 'put and take' operation where he supplemented his herds to keep them healthy and with sufficient harvesting numbers despite the fact that he had 50,000 acres. Windhoek direct from Frankfurt was nice and the airport hassles were very minimal; a little slow because of their facilities but no monkey business at all. I would carefully shop around because my hunt was certainly more expensive there than comparable hunts in SA. A lot of the older Namibian ranchers have established hunting ranches for the money but I wouldn't call it a quality wild game experience. Although my experience was mixed, when I go back to Africa this year it will be to wild Mozambique with a much more respectable outfitter for somewhat more money.

Posts: 64 | Location: alaska | Registered: 02 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just returned a week ago from two weeks in SA.

I hunted with Stan Burger Safaris in the NW Province who has IIRC about 20000 acres one of which is a 10000 acre farm with another 4k+ acres right across the dirt road and I believe another 6k about 6 km away. Only thing I ever saw was a power line that runs throught he main property.

He also took us down to Julian theron (Jules of the Karoo) in the Karoo and we shot all 4 of the different Springbuk there as well as an awesome Gemsbok.

I would definatly go with Stan again.

They met em at Joberg Saps was a breeze took 5 minutes when my turn came and we were off to the lodge two hours away.

I will put up a seperate post soon so as nto to hijack your thread.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1059 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
I was in Namibia back in 2000 (not hunting unfortunately though!), where I was lucky enough to explore a fair bit of the country. It is with out a doubt a very beautiful country and when I go to Africa to hunt in the next couple of years, this is the place I'll go for PG.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do you fence in elephants, can't they just run over the fences? This may be a stupid question?