New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gausshunt, Namibia SA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have posted my pictures at www.imagestation.com. go into window menu and pick MEMBERS then next to it write in mike338 to view pictures. Hope you like them, Mike
Yes there were some very interesting moments when the Cobra was in the back of the truck. Even Matt had the hebie jebies when the snake coiled over and rubbed against HIS leg. I think something other than expletives that were heard.I did not know standing and dancing one foot was a normal thing to do. You have to know that we had been talking about snakes in general and everyone agreed that nobody liked them AT ALL. Then to come around a turn in the middle of nowhere and to see what looked like a 4 inch black PVC pipe with a flattened neck look at you, well you can imagine what went through everyones mind. Less the PH, Hagen who later said, "you don't have to wory about these, just the MOMBAS, they are bad". Then after some discussion he started telling us of all the different kinds they have. But you see it is too cold for them to be out yet. LOL
Snakes aside, which only one was encountered, it is a very pleasent place to visit, even IF you don't hunt. Many picture opportunities came up I shot more than two rolls of video. Matt, Joe and Hartmut found the time to video many of my shots. Joe was not to still as he jumped at all shots, even though he knew they were coming. Hartmut is very laid back, for lack of another expression. He was very patient with me, even when I missed. I hate to admit it though. If I ever get the chance to go again, I won't pass it up. If there is a down side to going to Africa it is the plane trip. I found it unsettling to stay in a chair for 14 hours to say the least. The seats are not my size as you can see from the pictures. Mike

Posts: 428 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Great pictures. Here is a direct link to your Photo Album.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291211875

Regards,

Terry

[ 10-24-2002, 19:05: Message edited by: T.Carr ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What did you shoot them with (338 ?) and what bullets used. What is your rifle and scope. Is that a Rem 700 lefty? Great pics, thanks for posting. -Sean

Posts: 161 | Location: La Honda, California | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote