Find
Notify
Tools

How to loose a pig
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Bet your tracker that he cannot lift it onto his shoulders.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
These guys are made out of spring steel. The amount they are able to carry on their backs is simply amazing. The leopard in this photo weighed 180 pounds.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
"spring steel"

Exactly how I describe them. Im a small guy for an American. I was actually about the same size as my last PH and tracker. I do some sort of workout almost every day, and still they were both a lot stronger than me. It is absolutely amazing how much they can carry.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
These guys are made out of spring steel. The amount they are able to carry on their backs is simply amazing. The leopard in this photo weighed 180 pounds.

My god that is a serious cat. Well done.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are tough and amazingly strong

Tim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, great big-ole pumpkin-headed cat! Mike, what the hell were you shooting? You took it's head clean off!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Working out in a gym is no substitute for living a hard outdoors life. I have a buddy who grew up dirt poor, ranching, outfitting, packing and guiding his whole life. He was able to smoke just about any and all comers in just about any athletic activity you possibly imagine.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Andrew, lets see a trophy pic of that hog.....

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I carried backpacks all my life guiding and in the military now i have my hips and knees with arthrosis ,i believe most of white people arent so well adapted to carry heavy weigths in the back .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Andrew, lets see a trophy pic of that hog.....

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was never sure whether it was really was a CMS tradition or a practical joke, but Myles insisted that I carry my own leopard out to the cruiser a quarter of a mile away over more or less level ground. Once the trackers lifted it up on my 70-year old shoulders, carrying the cat, 140 lb. give or take, was not that difficult. It was kind of primal to feel the blood running down my back. However, if I had to lift it up myself, I suspect it would still be there.

Dick Gunn

“You must always stop and roll in the good stuff;
it may not smell this way tomorrow.”

Lucy, a long deceased Basset Hound

"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing that everyone has failed to mention is that not only are the local guys tremendously strong for their size, but they usually do all that physical work on a fraction of the daily food intake that we westerners eat !!!!
They are incredibly efficient machines and we are extremely wasteful.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Go into the tribal areas and see what the women can carry on their heads - that's an eye-opener.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
We live longer and have less breakdown than bush Africans. Having grown up in Ethiopia, leaving for my passport country in 1975, I've long ago gotten over not being able to work / do the same things the local kids did as routine.

When I attempted to "assist" in carrying a mountain reedbuck, the tracker half my age said it wasn't necessary. But he was courteous enough to let me find out I should leave it to him. Next time, I did!

There's a reason we left the forests of Europe and advanced technologically. Brute force is better left to those who take it to the fields of sports.

Posts: 4855 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote