New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Rifle Report- Tanzania
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I agree with Shakari, many African trackers get a reputation because the hunter himself is not a tracker and thinks this guys great because he stumbled into a kill or followed an obvious blood trail....I have seen a bunch that couldn't track and elephant down a road, many are raised in towns....

Bushman are the among some of the greatest trackers in the world, as are some of the Mexicans of villages in the Sierra de Cobre, Del Carmens and the boquillas areas of Mexico, also the Sonorian desert....Many of which are of Indian blood, Penatinte and Yaque Apache...

The best tracker I have known is Loli that works for Philip Price, Swartkai Safaris, Loli is of the RSAs Hosa tribe. The other was my Texas ranger grandfather and my dad, who learned from him..

Would someone tell me how hosa is spelled correctly, I have simply forgotten...

Posts: 41893 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Isn't it Xhosa? Seem to remember it that way, but the memory is not like it used to be.

Russell

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
That's correct Russell...... its Xhosa....the X being pronounced as a click from the back or side of the mouth.

The PH shouldn't try to track as it's his job to have his eyes on the bush trying to get a visual on the wounded animal....especially when looking for Dangerous Game. It's the trackers job to follow the immediate blood and other spoor.