New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023 Hunt with PVT in the Selous
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha,Ha...my wife loves tented safaris as much as luxury cruises, and she is the observer and often camp Nurse!!

She has accused us of putting her out for lion/leopard bait when she runs behind the ant hill to pee!!

On our first trip to Namibia, she did have to hide in a closet with PHs wife during SWAPPO war when a truckload of hoodlums came to the residence!! Scary!!

She also had to hide in the reeds along the camp dam in Zimbabwe when she was left alone by PH'S wife and a truck of hoodlums came into camp!! We were out all night in the leopard blind!! More Scary!!

She is already talking about returning to Hunters Hill near Queenstown, SA, where I hunted after a cruise 2020. Greg has Rhino and Cape Buffalo in the lodge compound, and are very cheeky in coming around the nice rondavels in camp!! Yes, you do have to walk back from the lodge nightly,in the dark, no rifle!!... she loved it, including peacocks on the porch during the day!! Really a wildlife experience!! His lion collection is captive!! YES,I think a bit risky!! We survived, and no conflicts yet!!

I love having my wife on safari!! She loves it, regardless of scares!! Our next junket is a 90 day circumnavigation cruise of Africa to celebrate our 55th Anniversary,late!! Yes, I do plan some hop off, hop back on hunts!! Frostbite Jim and Joyce are looking at it...

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lot of fond memories on this thread, but I was sorely mistreated by SAeed when he shot both buffalo out from under my sights and squeeled like a banshee, so I waited until he left and shot the biggest buffalo in the Selous! ha ha! that whole bunch were fun to hunt with and an evening at camp was dangerous! You never knew what was going to happen next! Pierre is a great guy, SAeed and Pierre are not Pretty, I was the pretty one! old

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Lot of fond memories on this thread, but I was sorely mistreated by SAeed when he shot both buffalo out from under my sights and squeeled like a banshee, so I waited until he left and shot the biggest buffalo in the Selous! ha ha! that whole bunch were fun to hunt with and an evening at camp was dangerous! You never knew what was going to happen next! Pierre is a great guy, SAeed and Pierre are not Pretty, I was the pretty one! old

Boris Karloff is dead Ray.

I am sure you can take his place in Hollywood! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Pierre van Tonder
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the KINd words regarding Jim's safari, he and his wife was great to have in camp, this is my fist post ever, special thanks to Saeed for his kind words ......

Pierre van Tonder Big game safaris
An experience without equal
http://www.pvt.co.za/

Posts: 7 | Location: Africa | Registered: 24 September 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pierre van Tonder:
Thanks to all for the KINd words regarding Jim's safari, he and his wife was great to have in camp, this is my fist post ever, special thanks to Saeed for his kind words ......

Hello Bro and welcome to the forum.

Posts: 1907 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bwana,i was unfortunately born BC( before Computers)and this is m first try at the internet thing.Either way glad to see all of you guys still at it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couple of really nice old buffalo, and sounds like a great time as well.

I really want to get back to the Selous, after I hopefully hunt a couple of new places...

Posts: 434 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Pierre, and Anneli,

WELCOME ABOARD!! You are tops in my book!!
I am just thankful that dates prevented Dave and me from booking, and ending up having my severe back issues attack in camp, or have to cancel!! Onset of symptoms were in August, after I climbed a 6ft chain ladder to board an old US ARMY tug we were showing!! Emergency surgery Oct 4, 4to 6 month recovery!! It's been ugly!!

Wishing you all the best!! I hope I can make a hunt before it is to late?!?! I think the hunt count down might be counted on one hand??

Have GREAT CONVENTIONS while in the US!!

CHEERZ, STEVE S

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your setback ... time fly's and we alway thing we will get the time or it is now not the right time and when we realise time has gone and it is to late ... suppose that is life.... however good to know you are up and running !!!!!

posted Hide Post
Baker... thx for comment about the buffs... not one of our clients shot a group buff in the last two years .. only DAGGA boys... amazing .. Jim and i followed 3 bulls on the first day and he shot one bull.. did tell me if i make him crawl again he will shoot me ...i did think at that time with his face expresion he was serious..he made an amazing shot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
he will shoot me ...i did think at that time with his face expresion he was serious..he made an amazing shot

You only shoot PHs you don't like Wink

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done my friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In Zimbabwe, we had a game scout who looked like Sammy Davis.

Every morning before leaving camp, I used to ask him what are we going to shoot that day.

He was pretty good at guessing.

Towards the end of the hunt, he started taking his time to think of what is left.

I had a chat with our skinner, and he agreed on my trick.

“Good morning! What is on quota to shoot today?”

He started scratching his head.

The skinner said “game scout!”

The scout “NO!”

I said “How do skin a game scout?”

Skinner, looking the scout up and down “Full mount!”

The trackers were in stitches!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats again and thanks for posting all of the wonderful pics!

Posts: 1793 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Well done Jim. Congrats to you and your bride.

Mike

Posts: 21236 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words guys, it was a great hunt. And we will do it again.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crbutler:
Congratulations on a fine hunt!

Keep feeding your addiction- you are blessed by having a wife who enjoys hunting![/QUOTE

Thank you.

Africa is gonna run out of buffalo.....or I'm gonna run out of money.....

I am blessed to have a wife like mine....she deserves better!

Hahaha!

My wife tells her friends that I took her to Chete, Zimbabwe, on safari soon after we met.

Then she had to follow elephants all day, no food.

So learned to take some with here.

Half burnt piece of toast wrapped in tissue paper.

Just our luck that we got chased by an irate elephant cow!

Or the evening we were getting back after shooting two buffalo, which we had to leave till next day.

Walking back to the truck, she fell into an almost dried waterhole full of mud. rotflmo

Poor woman.

Something must be wrong with her.

She decided to stay with me! clap

…and now we know why Hannah no longer goes on safari!

Posts: 3857 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote