ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Percentage of Hunters on SAA flight?

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Percentage of Hunters on SAA flight?
 Login/Join

<GAHUNTER>
posted
Anybody got a feel for the percentage of Safari hunters vs. business and other types of travelers on a typical summer flight from Atlanta to J'berg?

Just Wondering.

When I fly from Atlanta to Denver during elk season or from Atlanta to Newfoundland during moose season there are sometimes dozens of big game hunters sharing the plane.

Kinda gives ya the warm fuzzies! [Smile]

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
GAHUNTER,

On our last trip, I would guess at least 25% of the passengers upstairs were hunters. We had quite a few leaf-eaters as well. There was some kind of conference going on in Durban.

On our return flight, I would guess about one-third were hunters.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GAHUNTER,
We took the flight from Atlanta to Capetown last April and there were 20 to 25 hunters on the upper level. On the way back there were a bunch of these animal rights people that wanted to get mouthy but after thinking it over decided that they would sit down and shut up. Wise choice!!

<GeorgeInNePa>
posted
Flight over and back (many of the same people upstairs) there were 10 to 15 hunters.

[ 05-19-2003, 09:00: Message edited by: GeorgeInNePa ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
one one flight I took several years ago the stu told me that they had 71 hunters/ovservers..She also told me that 80% of African hunters booked that year up to that point were from Texas...interresting figures...I know they have more booking agents than Carter got pills, now thats an oldie!

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess was forty or so on my flight judging by camo in the waiting area in Atlanta and people standing around the gun retrieval area in JoBerg.

Posts: 13774 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I came back a week ago, 50% of the upstairs were hunters.

There must have been a lot of hunters downstairs too, as they had two containers full of guns to unload.

On the flight over on April 12, there were only 6 hunters that I could find.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love riding in the upstairs of a 747.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote