ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Leopard/Sitatunga/Sable with Prohunt Zambia (photos added 2/28)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard/Sitatunga/Sable with Prohunt Zambia (photos added 2/28)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing. Very well done hunt and your reporting was superb. Congratulations to you and Jenny, may you enjoy a long happy life together.

Tim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tim!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report. My wife Lynn and I started out our Save hunt of two summers ago with 4 days on the Zim side of Vic Falls,also great. Don't miss a day trip to Chobe Park in Botswana the next time. You have had one stellar intro to Africa;thanks for bringing us along. Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! GREAT quality of pics!! Very successful trip!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted Hide Post
That has to be one of the coolest posts ever. Congratulations. Don't know how you will ever top the engagement.

Posts: 149 | Location: Lometa, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vince, I'd say the same about your recent Tanzania report. We both had a very good 2010.

One of Us
Picture of only.375H&H
posted Hide Post
What a hunt.....excellent photos, and report.

Well, done and thank you for sharing.

Great Sitatung.

Work to live...live to Hunt....

Posts: 91 | Location: Angola | Registered: 07 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was a great report complete with great pictues. What camera were you using.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
excellent report and photos Smiler

Posts: 46 | Location: �rskog, Norway | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard has a great area! You will be hard pressed to find a better safari! Congratulations

One of Us
posted Hide Post
h kittle --

For stuff other than trophy photos, I used a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi (an entry level digital SLR) with an entry level zoom lens (Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM). The camera is only 8 megapixels, but I think the real limitations on image quality are lens quality and my own lack of skill. I've found that one way to make up for my lack of skill with a camera is to take lots of shots of each thing I want a picture of. Some of the trophy photos were taken with that same digital SLR with the lens it came with, a Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6. Other trophy photos were taken with a Canon point-and-shoot SX200 IS. When possible, Richard would spend time cleaning up the animal and the area in front of it, to make sure the photos were good. He also tried to get as low to the ground as possible when photographing trophies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Hunt.
Great Animals.
Great Tropheys.
Great Girl.

:-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent report and spectacular photos...thanks for sharing!!!

Congratulations, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
What an unbelievable first safari! You will have a tough time beating that in the future ... but it will be fun trying. Thanks for taking the time to provide such a well written report coupled with splendid photos. Your effort was obviously appreciated by all!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for a fine report on what was obviously a primo trip.
Congratulations to both of you on your engagement.
Here's wishing you a long and successful marriage and African hunting career.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Simply superb! Photos ar esupreme. What camera did you use.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the kind words, guys.

retreever,

If you look five entries up from yours, you'll see a description of my camera equipment. For a novice like me, the real secret to getting good pictures is having nice stuff to photograph and taking at least 4-5 shots of each thing. With that many shots, something is bound to turn out okay, and then a cropping tool can be used to correct poor composition or inadequate zoom. For truly great photos like those by Saeed and A.Dahlgren, much more technical skill and artistic talent are required.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Great photos and a hard to beat safari, Whats up next ?

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
That is what a safari should be like! A great adventure with some sightseeing, exploring, fishing, hunting, getting to know the people, and basically enjoying the best of Africa. And to top it off you managed to snag both excellent game trophies and a trophy wife! How do you beat that?

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari