Find
Notify
Tools

Re: CZ Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Rug:

You obviously don't know shit about CZ Rifles. You have your opinion about CZ's but it sure doesn't follow the general consensus of the majority of people on AR or mine either.

The CZ 550 Magnum action is one of the most reliable and strongest actions being made period.

Regards.... Jim P.

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Getlemen

I'm a happy fellow when gun dealers tells me that the got some East European crap rifles in. The reply is signal for a good price I love old unmodern rifles that is built on the ancient mauser 98 action. In particular I like the old crap like BRNO that is no good compared to the latest IKEA concept like Blaser R-93

My second rifle was a Brno 602 in 375 with flip up peep sight. The first was a early FN mauser in 375. Brno, Mauser, Simson, Sauer & sohn and FN are the favorites. Today, I would on any given day buy a CZ rifle over any US factory made standard rifle. I had numerous Brno rifles and are very pleased with them, even if they are junk. They also seems to go BANG every time the trigger is pulled which is unique compared to some of the modern designs. I own three ZG-47's, hopefully more to come.

They works just fine. What I don't like on the new 550 is the rather small engraving one the side of the action. The owners knows what I mean The bolt shrould could have gotten a more classic design.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
A local gun shop here in WA state has CZ safari magnum's in 375 HH for $650 Is this a good price? I also ran into a hunter that won one in 458. It's new in the box he wants $600. Tempting, but a little more gun than I need.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Donato,

I would go for the 375 if you want a big gun that can shoot out to 400yds..It will handle any and all big game in N.America and if you make it to Africa it will do anything you ask of it... Good shooting is the answer and not a super flinch..

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best price I've found locally on a new CZ 550 in .375 is $640, so yes, you've got a pretty good price IMO.

You can find them cheaper, but after paying shipping and FFL transfer its most often not worth it.

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some don't like the cz's, but I have great results from all 5 that I own !! my cz .375 shoots well and feeds and ejects flawlessly.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote