Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Answer Products inc.
 Login/Join

posted
Any experience with Answer P roducts Inc. rifle accurizing? How about their muzzle brake and recoil pads? Thinking of sending them my new Winchester Coyote in 300 WSM for all of the above. Your advice and comments appreciated!

Posts: 14 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Db,

I personally have not had any work by them but my hunting partner did and had the brake installed and he was not satisied with it...But that was on a big custom boomer 460 Weatherby with a sharper shoulder design...As for the recoil pad I am shooting a Pachmayr 990 decelerator and that will take the coyote down to nill with the large pad...I can also commment on the QD mounts they sell I have a Talbot on my rifle 375H&H that went to RSA and bounced around for 8 days and had the scope off a few times and on last day took out the X ring at 100meters with one last shot in Africa..

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
I have an Answer Brake on a .338 and a BP Tech Compensator on a .375. Based on my experience with both, the BP Tech system is far superior in that it not only reduces recoil, but it neutralizes the muzzle rise that you get with any rifle and somehow does this without increasing the noise level. When you compare the BP system to Answer's, which only reduces recoil while also increasing the sound, the BP system is better to me.

BP Tech

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
duggaboy

I picked up my first big gun at 18 a 338 win mag and at the time it kicked. I installed the muzzle brake and recoil pad both since that is what you asked for and I have had no complaints. They did excellant work, the product did what I felt they claimed it would do. They returned my finished gun within one day of promised. Hope that helps. RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Model 70 in .375 that already had the MB and pad installed, so I can't say how much of a difference it made, however, I can say my .270 Weatherby kicks harder, and is probably louder than this rifle.

My friends who are smaller in frame than I find shooting the .375 quite enjoyable. The workmanship is really good, as the joint where the MB and barrel meet is nearly invisible.

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have the answer brake and pad on my .300wthby, i am satisfied with it. i put a brake and pad on all my guns. the noise comes with the territory.

my friend has a gun at johnson now and is satisifed wit the service so far. he is paying less than i did 6 yrs ago with shorter turn around time.

cold zero [Wink]

posted Hide Post
Thanks folks for the great feedback on Answer Co. muzzle brakes and recoil pads, I am still hoping to get some feedback on their accurizing work!

Posts: 14 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Answer does good accurizing work. Shot some of it myself. There muzzle brakes and recoil pads work as advertised also. They reduce felt recoil and increase noise! Only thing I didn't like about the Answer brake is that the holes are tiny and more difficult to clean.

Posts: 2404 | Location: A Blue State | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Their Judy, not there.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just spent the last week working with two rifles that had Answer Brakes and pads on them.

I must say they did a good job on installation, and worked just fine.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The David Gentry Quiet Muzzle Break is much quieter and reduces a 338 Win Mag to 270 Win level
of recoil. Just my 2 cents.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Answer system on my 416 Rem and it is very effective in reducing recoil. This brake, like most, works best on cartidges with bores that are small relative to powder capacity. The 460 mentioned above is not a good candidate, as one must endure a 500 gr slug going down the bbl before the gas can do anything.

They also did trigger work on the Rem APR and it was excellent.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote