ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Adam Clements Safari Trackers - Excellent

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adam Clements Safari Trackers - Excellent
 Login/Join

<Snake>
posted
I recently returned from a safari with Adam Clements Safari Trackers in the Selous (late September � early October) and had an outstanding time. My PH was Wayne Clark and I can�t say enough good things about Adam, his company and Wayne. I booked this hunt almost 2 years ago and Adam stayed in touch with me the entire time, answering questions, advising me on any changes, etc. Wayne was just a great guy to hunt with. He was serious about hunting but a lot of fun to be around and it made a great hunt even greater. He knew how and when to find the game and our luck was phenomenal. There is no doubt I�ll be booking hunts with these guys in the future.

The travel arrangements, camp facilities and staff were all outstanding. This camp is right on the Kilombero River - a beautiful spot and very well managed by the camp manager, Georgie Ferreira. From the meet and greet in Dar to the trip to the airport on departure the entire staff does everything it can to make it an enjoyable time.

I took a lion, buffalo (with my .470), hippo, croc, hartebeest, bushpig, hyena, impala, wildebeest and waterbuck in 9 days. The hunting was awesome and the scenery and company even better. We also managed to squeeze in a great little birthday party for Georgie�s 21st while I was there and, well, the details of that will remain a secret. Suffice it to say no one felt too much like hunting the next day.

I�ll post a few more details of the actual hunt later but wanted to get this out asap. I recommend Adam and his team very highly. If anyone has any specific questions don�t hesitate to email me � I�m glad to talk about this more!

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Snake,
Sounds like you got your money's worth and then some! We are all envious. Tell me, did you get to see the Southern Cross while you were there?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Snake>
posted
Yes indeed I did Matt. I was in Zimbabwe last year in June during the eclipse which was pretty cool also...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Snake,

I considered booking with Adam Clements, but Adam made it quite clear that the PH would join in the shooting if the buffalo or elephant did not drop momentarily after being shot by the client. An animal with another man's bullet in it is not my trophy, and I had no interest in such a situation, so I did not book with Adam. I wonder if you can relate whether the PH shot his gun, and if so under what circumstances. Thanks.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500Grains,

I hunted with this company and Wayne was my PH. He came on right after Snake left. We were at a different camp.

All of our 11 BUFF were only shot by our hunters, with one exception.

Mike shot his(later learned to have been through the heart) once. It took off. Zane hit it with his .500 NE as he ran after it. He ended taking it after a chase through the long grass. It turned and faced him. He couldn't wait for Mike to catch up. Total rounds recovered: 6. The important point is that Mike was fine with the way it was handled.

Several of our guys shot their BUFF several times and were not 'Party Shot' by the PH. We had agreed that the non-shooting hunter would wait to shoot until the shooter said to, or the BUFF turned towards us. The PH's said that they would only shoot if they felt it was necessary.

I was with BILL when he put 3 quick rounds through his Rigby. Wayne and I had our guns up, but it wasn't necessary to shoot.

I believe that a good understanding with your PH and having excellent marksmanship on your part will go along ways to make your hunt the way you want it.

Take care,

SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Snake>
posted
Yeah Wayne and I agreed on this early on guys and he shot once as did I when following up the lion who, as it turned out, was anchored with both shoulders broken anyway. Of course we didn't know that at the time and visibility was very short so I felt it was appropriate and since the lion appeared to be gathering himself and it turned out he was done anyway I was fine with it. Other than that he didn't shoot at all. He was very straightforward with me from the beginning that it was his preference to not shoot and he kept to that philosophy. I am looking forward to hunting with him again...