New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunted with Luxury Hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wanted to check if anyone has hunted S.A. with Luxury Hunts. www.luxuryhunts.com
They have a pretty good package it seems and I am trying to decide on a hunt for 2003(I hope). I kind of want to hunt Namibia but S.A. is looking good too. What do you think.

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Magnum hunter,

Do you know what outfitter Luxury Hunts uses in RSA? It is sometimes easier to check out the outfitter than the booking agent.

Regrds,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't. I've only seen the website.

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if you are talking about jeff martinell's booking agency at luxuryhunts.com, we used them for a hunt in south africa this last october. the people he uses on south africa are very very good we were very happy and would return. the outfit he uses is bethaven safaris. i posted a small note earlier in this forum about what i shot. we had a wonderful time(bethaven safari in the reports section). my ph was named Rowen he is the managers son, he made quick accurate judgements on the game and new where to find them i had the trip of a life time. let me know if you have any specific question and ill try to answer them. jeff

Posts: 111 | Location: eagle river ak | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I really appreciate the post. I may ahve some questions as I think of them. First, what area does he hunt? and is it a good fair chase hunt? Thanks in advance.
Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post
magnum hunter,

the area is near port elizabeth, its about a 2hr drive from there to the main ranch. the ranch is about 150 yrs old. exellent accomodations and food. the main ranch is high fenced. while hunting we never saw a fence and i never felt that i was hunting in a pen. the area is huge. the animals are very smart and i certainly blew some stalks becasue of wind etc. you have to hunt, the hunts are harder than i expected. but i liked that it made each animal that much more of a trophy. some of the hunts we went on were not on the ranch. we used local farms and ranches for different species. these were not high fenced. cattle, sheep goats on their ranges. also it was a change in terrain which
varies greatly. by the way it is very hilly
not what i expected
we got up early and hunted till dark most nights. avg shot was about 225 yds. longest 335 shortest 41. all in all i loved the people, they will go way out of there way to make you happy, the hunting was excellent. they run a very professional place, and a very ethical place. my ph was top notch at judging trophies quickly and was right on. i am planning to go back with my wife this time. let me know if you have any more question ill be glad to help. ps they have a web site at www.bethavensafaris.com they are also going to be in texas at the show in january
merry christmas jeff

Posts: 111 | Location: eagle river ak | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Jeff, I have bookmarked the website and will seriously consider them. I appreciate the time in answering my post. Merry Christmas.

Doug