ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Cameroon Eland Hunt March 2007 (lots of pictures)

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cameroon Eland Hunt March 2007 (lots of pictures)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted
Date of Hunt: March 10-17, 2007

Outfitter: Faro West in Savannah

Booking Agent: Adam Clements Safari Trackers Inc.

PH: Pierre Guerrini

Gun Used: Custom .375

I completed another safari in Cameroon with Faro West who I have represented for the past 7 years with great success to all of my clients who have gone to Cameroon. Faro West has always provided first class hunts to my clients with 100% success rate, so it was not a hard decision for me to go back to Cameroon to hunt one of Africa’s most sought after trophies the Giant Lord Derby Eland.

I always mix business with pleasure so besides a little hunting for myself; I also took two of my clients from Dallas along as well for them to hunt some of the special animals of Cameroon as well.

Cray and Kenny in Camp enjoying cold drink

This trip was extra special for me as I also managed to talk my wife Chantelle into going along, but only because I assured her of the comfortable camp which is right on the Faro River where she could enjoy the water, sun and then rest in air conditioned chalet.

Chantelle was always in the water

I could not get off of the hook that easy though with Chantelle, and to keep me in her good favor, I arranged for us to spend a week in Paris on the way back. As I am writing this now, can tell you that it was a costly decision, but worth while as well for putting up with me in the bush.

This was to be a very special hunt with Faro West with Pierre Guerini the owner and Charlie Dugas a PH. For the last 10 years Faro West has managed to keep 100% success for the clients taking 10 Eland every year, which no other outfitter in Central Africa has been able to accomplish, nor will they. I booked my hunt just for the fact that this hunt would be a milestone in that we would take the number 99 and 100 Eland to complete a 10 year journey for Faro West. I do not know of any outfitter in Central Africa that can say they have taken 100 Giant Eland in a row for the last 10 years. Pierre and Charlie have worked very hard and put a lot of money into their area to make it the best in Cameroon, which is a very hard country to operate in. I always thought that Tanzania was a hard country to operate in, but Cameroon takes the prize and do not envy those that operate there. Cameroon is also a country that I believe is going down hill fast with hunting and would be very surprised if hunting is still worth while in the next 10-20 years. Any areas that are anywhere remotely close to a main road is just about devoid of game due to human population and poaching.

Faro West is lucky in that it is more remote and not near a main road, but the reason why Faro Rest has such an excellent area with good numbers of game is a number of things. Pierre is a very well connected person in Cameroon which is important in any African country. Second reason is that they have put a lot of money into their road net work within the area and this is the number one reason why their success rate is so high. They have well placed graded roads throughout the concession which enables them to hunt the entire area and pick up tracks very easy, and one is able to see more game as you cover more ground by vehicle. They also have a full time anti-poaching team which work 365 days out of the year. They have 4 motorcycles and 2 vehicles that patrol the entire concession on a daily basis. Poaching still occurs, but as we all know a strong presence will automatically reduce poaching

The camp at Faro West is a beautiful camp that sits right on the Faro River which is a huge bonus in the hot weather in March especially. There is a very big main dinning and sitting area which is fully air conditioned. There are 4 client chalets which are made of concrete with thatch roof, and also fully air conditioned. Each chalet has a very nice ensuite bathroom. The skinning shed and trophy handling area is also excellent. All the equipment is either brand new or in excellent condition. There was no expense spared in building this camp and turning this area into the number one area in Cameroon.

Main dinninng and sitting area

Client Chalets

My wife and I left San Antonio on March 7th and flew to Atlanta then to Paris on Delta. We met Cray and Kenny our two clients from Dallas in Paris and then boarded on Air France for Douala, Cameroon. I had checked with Delta about traveling with rifle and ammo in the gun case which they said was fine, and it was fine with Delta, but not with Air France. Before boarding onto Air France in Paris they called for me and they took me to a ware house where they wanted me to remove the ammo from my gun case, which I did then everything was fine with them. So, always check with both airlines if you ever use two different carriers when traveling with guns. What is funny though is that last year when I went to Cameroon for my Bongo hunt the exact same way there was never any problem with the gun and ammo, so go figure and never expect the same as your last trip.

We arrived in Douala at 5:00 pm the 8th of March where our trust worthy Emile was there to meet us and get us cleared through customs and swiftly got us to the Le Meridian Hotel. We checked into our rooms and took a welcome shower after traveling for 24 hours. Made a few phone calls to my office on my cell phone to check in with Jamie to make sure she still had everything under control. You basically have two options for hotels in Douala and that is either the Meridian Hotel or the Ibis Hotel. The Meridian will cost you 250 Euro per night and the Ibis will cost you around 100 Euro. There is a big difference in the quality and personally would not stay at the Ibis if at all possible. We met Pierre and Charlie at 7 pm in the hotel lobby as they had finished their previous hunt early as usual. We went to the Sonat restaurant for dinner and then made ourselves comfortable in the bar. In all the places I have traveled in Africa and living in Africa I must admit that the music they have at this little bar in downtown Douala is the best singing and musical talent I have seen anywhere in Africa. We had a great time catching up on everything and finally left to go back to the hotel around 2 am.

March 9th was a day that we had planned on staying in Douala just in case our luggage did not arrive which I learned the hard way last year. We took Cray and Kenny for some real African shopping and took them to the local market which was an experience in itself, and you pretty much have to run for your life when you decide to leave as everyone is trying sell you something and it is hard to get the car doors shut from people pushing their specials on you. Spent the afternoon out by the pool area and bar at the hotel and just relaxed and socialized. We did not go back to any bar as we were still hurting from the night before and called it an early night around 10pm.

Chantelle with kids

March 10th we left hotel at 9 am and took our private charter from Douala to Garoua
We landed in Garoua after a 2 hour charter where we were all met by 2 double cab pickups and one single cab Landcrusier. We then took the 3 hour drive to camp which was a pleasant ride thanks again to Pierre grading his roads. Arrived in camp unpacked and set off to the shooting range to site in the rifles. My scope was about a foot off, so got it back in the center after 3-4 rounds and we were set to go. I would be hunting with Pierre and Cray and Kenny hunted with Charlie. This is a normally a 2 week safari, but we put the pressure on and had planned to only hunt for a week and leave regardless of the outcome. I was also not there to be very picky with my trophies and would be very happy with a representative as I am not that much into scores, but more into the adventure and the experience and just having a good time while I am there.

Another side note is that I did spend the extra money and hired Opsrey Film company to film my hunt which I think is a great investment in ones memories. Lauri flew up from Zimbabwe and would be filming the hunt and it was a pleasure having him along, and very glad that I spent the extra money to do so. I can not express how special it is to be able to go back home then have a full story done on your hunt that you will have for many years to remember that special safari. There are so many things that a cameraman will get on film that you did not even realize or that you had already forgotten about. Will have the edited DVD in about 2 months for any of you interested in a Cameroon safari in the future.

Lauri always taking notes of the footage

Day 1 – We were woken up at 5 am and we all had our breakfast and climbed into our hunting vehicles and headed out around 6 am. We saw a lot of Kob, Hartebeest, Roan and Duikers, but we were busy looking for Eland tracks. When hunting Eland that is the main priority and each morning is spent looking for fresh tracks and you pretty much ignore everything else, until around 10-11 am. We saw some Eland tracks from a big herd during the night sometime around 10 am and the trackers thought it was too old and too late to start tracking, so we made our way back to camp and managed to shoot a nice 21†Western Kob on our way back.

Western Kob

Ate lunch and then made a trip to the River in front of camp and lay in the cool water for about 2 hours with my wife. It is very refreshing in the heat of the day and became a daily routine. Once Chantelle figured out that there were no crocs or hippos in the shallow pools in front of camp, that was about it for her hunting days and she spent most everyday down in the water with Charlie’s girlfriend who was in camp sun bathing and drinking cocktails all day. March is very hot and it was normally 105-112 each day in the shade. The mornings were pleasant up until around 9am then the heat set in. Back out hunting around 4 pm and we drove into a small herd of around 20 Eland. The dust was thick for awhile from them running, but they seemed confused and stopped in the middle of the road and we looking quickly to see if there was any big bull in this herd. Pierre knew this herd and said that if it was the herd he thought it was there were no big bulls. Sure enough we looked them all over and there was a nice young bull that would have gone 45†but still way to young and did not have the big black neck that an older bull would have. We got some great footage though and was exciting to see these beautiful animals so close. Returned to camp for a great meal and shower. Cray and Kenny did not shoot anything this day, but saw lots of animals and could have shot a Buffalo, but they wanted a Roan instead. After dinner everyone retired to bed around 10pm and boy is it nice to have air conditioning in your room to cool off and get to sleep. If it is a very hot night they will leave the generator on all night for the air conditioning, but it normally cools off by 11 pm and they turn it off.

Female Buffalo

Day 2 – Same schedule and out hunting at 6am looking for Eland tracks. Saw several tracks from the afternoon before, but too old to get excited about to follow. Found some tracks that the trackers thought they knew where the heard was headed to a salt lick. So, the decision was made to try and flank the herd and see if we could catch them at the salt lick or bump into them on the way. We loaded up and walked for about 2 hours towards this salt lick. Saw a lot of Kob, Hartebeest, Duikers and Bushbuck while walking.

Red Flank Duiker

Western Bush Duiker

We even bumped into a small herd of Buffalo that had a nice bull, but I as well was more interested in a Roan and did not have much desire for one of these small buffalo. I am too spoiled from Tanzania, and just did not know what I would do with a small Buffalo like this. Maybe next time when I go back.

Roan Antelope

Anyway, did not see any Eland, but saw a ton of tracks, but nothing really fresh, so we headed back to the car for another hour walk. Now I must mention here before I get too far along about the terrain and walking conditions. The walking can be very hard or cumbersome as the ground is made up of dried worm mounds and the only level walking is on animal trails. Apparently during the rainy season the ground is covered with worms that make mounds and when it dries it is like concrete. For those that are not used to hunting, you need to be very careful as it is very uneven walking and if you can sprain an ankle especially when you are behind Eland and the trackers and PH are moving at a very fast past. Did not bother me at all, but could see how it would be very hard for someone who has not hunted Africa that much. Okay, back on day 2. Went back to camp for lunch and a rest in the air conditioning. Back out at 4 pm to make our rounds. Took a very nice Red Flanked Duiker and started making our way back to camp when we saw a very nice old Harnessed Bushbuck which I also took.

Nice old Red Flank Duiker I took

Beautiful Harnessed Bushbuck

Back in camp Cray and Kenny had taken a nice 22†Kob.

Day 3 – Out hunting by 6am and seemed like a slow morning until 9am when the trackers tapped and got out of the truck all excited about some fresh Eland tracks. I looked at the tracks and they lookked to be about 2 hours old to me. Everything is in French here so you never really know what is being said until you ask your PH or they tell you to grab your rifle. Because I am also a PH in Tanzania they did not have to say much to me as it is probably easier for me to figure everything out and know what to do before they even tell me to. When hunting with other companies or other PH’s I make it a strong point not to act like a PH or get involved and am strictly there as a client to hunt and let them do their thing and I say yes sir and do not interfere at all. My conclusion was right when Pierre told me that the Eland were about 2 hours ahead and we should take these tracks.

Now anyone who has hunted Eland anywhere in Africa know that these animals can walk very long distance and a fast pace and you will not catch up to them until they decide to rest in the shade. The trackers loaded up with their back packs full of water and we were off at a pretty fast pace. It is not too hard to follow a big herd of Eland either with fresh tracks. These Giant Eland also do a lot of feeding and tear down big branches which can be seen a long way off, so you can also follow tree signs as well if the tracking gets hard on hard ground. Surprisingly we caught up to the herd in about and hour as they were feeding very slowly and resting in the shade. The problem was that it was in very thick forest and brush and almost impossible to get close. We could hear them and get a quick glimpse every so often, but almost an impossible situation as we knew if we pushed too close we would blow the whole hunt as there is always some female standing there looking at you. So we stayed back and hoped that they would feed into a more open area, but as usual the wind changed on us and swirled as the heat kicked in. You are standing there with the sweat flies all around your face, you can not swat at the flies as the Eland would surely pick up the motion, you are sweating, you are standing on uneven ground, then you feel the back of your neck get cool and you know that the forest is about to come alive with Eland running everywhere and the hunt is over. The forest came alive and Eland started their trot with billowing dust behind them. We ran after the Eland hoping to catch them in an open area. Running after the Eland with all the dust is very hard as it is very hot and you are thirsty and does not help when you have to stop and be quiet again and trying not to cough. The herd ran into a very big open area and stopped mingling around confused. We got a good look at the herd and saw that there were 4 very nice bulls in this herd and worth pursing. The herd took off again, so we took a 20 minute break to drink water and let the herd settle down although it would be much harder now as they would be very alert. We washed the dust down our throats and started off again at a very fast pace to catch up. We caught sight of the herd about 500 yards in front of us in more open terrain, so we started a jog towards the herd as they were walking away from us, and a good time to cover some ground. We used some long grass to use as cover as most of the block had been burned and not much for cover in the more open areas. Going through the long grass about 200 yards from the Eland herd we bumped into some Buffalo which spooked and ran straight towards the Eland. Lucky though they turned left and headed away and the Eland did not notice any of this. We got back in on the Eland trying to find one of the nice bulls, but they managed to get into more thick stuff which was again impossible to find a bull and get a good shot. We are patient though and hoping the wind stays true as it is now 12pm and the worst time for swirling wind. One of the females must have seen use though as the herd took off again, and again we made a mad run after them hoping for a mistake. We can over a ridge where they had run and the dust still not settled yet, and we saw them going into another big open area. We ran further hoping that the dust from the running Eland would conceal us enough to get in closer. I was running behind Pierre and one of the trackers when Pierre abruptly stops throws the shooting sticks up and tells me to shoot the bull standing to the right of the tree between 2 females. I put the gun on the sticks and because I do this for a living it was not hard for me to know exactly which Eland he was talking about. I did not ask what size nor did I really care as the bull I was looking at in my scope looked beautiful and had been a great challenge to get. I did not have long though to enjoy looking at this bull in my scope as the herd was on the move and this bull had stopped with 2 females to look back to see what was following them. He was quartering away at about 200 yards and I took the shot aimed right behind his should. The shot was good and the bull jumped in the air spun around and took off. All we could see was dust, but I knew that the shot had been placed well and we would find this Eland. Funny thing though is that the bullet passed through the Eland spitting up dust on the other side of him, and Pierre thought I had missed. I assured him that the shot was good and the trackers told him it was a good hit. Off running again after the Eland in the cloud of dust waiting to see my Eland lagging behind the herd. We ran about another 200 yards and found the Eland down on the ground to trying to put forth one last time a fight. I gave the honorable bull a final shot for a quick finish to his great challenge. I was humbled by this beautiful creature and thank him for a great challenge and will cherish the memories for my lifetime. This bull was 47†and although not what would be considered a monster, it was a great representative and one that I am very happy to have. Trackers went back to get the vehicle while I sat and just stared at this Giant Lord Derby Eland and just enjoyed the feeling of success and being privileged enough to be able to experience one of Africa’s great adventures. It is now around 1:30pm the vehicle arrives, we take our pictures, cut the bull in half and load him on the Landcruiser for the 2 hour drive back to camp. It is bloody hot, the flies are about to get to my last nerve and I am ready to get to camp to cool down in the river. One side note here is that this was the only day that I really noticed the sweat flies and did not have any problem with them on any other day. The breeze on the back of the vehicle feels good, even though it is a hot breeze, but at least there are no flies. We are all in camp mode racing down the small dirt road when we come around a corner and there is the biggest Roan that I have ever seen. I did not wait for the trackers or Pierre to see or react and tapped on the cab roof surprising everyone. I think everyone was in a tired daze with tunnel vision for camp, and if this Roan had not started running I may not have seen him either. The car came to a skidding halt and then Pierre saw the Roan running and before he could react I was already out of the car loading my gun. Pierre was yelling shoot, which I already knew to do at the size of this Roan, but it was running away. I jumped off the truck and took a couple of steps to where I could get some view of the Roan running. I put the cross hairs on his backside and let him have it. He dropped immediately which was a good sign that I had hit my mark on the spine. Everyone else was still in the truck, and I ran closer to this huge Roan and placed another shot in his shoulder for a quick finish. The trackers and Pierre ran up and could not believe how big this Roan was. We took our pictures of this beautiful animal and I knew that I had taken a trophy of a lifetime. This roan was pushing 31†with 10†bases which for those who pay attention to sizes know that this is a monster Roan. According to Pierre and Charlie this was the biggest Roan they had ever taken in the 20 years Pierre has had the area, and should be the 2nd or 3rd largest taken in Cameroon. They have taken several in the 29â€, but none over 30â€. I was very excited to get this exceptional trophy. Now we had the 2 largest antelopes in Africa in the back of the Landcruiser and I could not have asked for a more successful day of hunting. Finally made it back to camp around 4 pm for some celebration and then for a nice cold shower to wash off the 1†thick dust layer on me. We took the rest of the afternoon off as everyone was beat. Cray and Kenny managed to find a very nice Eland bull by himself that afternoon around 5pm, but Cray made a bad shot on the bull and wounded it. They tracked it until dark and returned to camp.

Lord Derby Eland

My huge 31" Roan

Day 4 – We were not in any big hurry today as we had taken my 2 main animals and everything else would just be a great bonus. Cray and Charlie left extra early to get back on the track of the wounded Eland. They tracked the Eland all day where he then joined a herd which made it very hard to follow. We went out for a couple of hours and found a nice Western Hartebeest that I wanted to add to my trophy bill. Went back to camp for lunch and enjoyed the cool air conditioning and just plain relaxed.

Western Hartebeest

Cray and Kenny enjoying a pre-lunch drink

Around 4pm we drove to a near by spot to do some fishing and really enjoyed being on the river in the cool part of the day and catching some Nile Perch. I could really kick myself though for not taking my own fishing tackle with a lighter rod. There is superb fishing in this river for Nile Perch, Tiger Fish and Yellow Fish. A fly fisherman would have a blast with the Yellow Fish and could be a safari in itself for the avid fisherman.

Fishing on the Faro River

Day 5- This morning we went fishing for some more Nile Perch which by the way is excellent eating and we enjoyed the fish dinners.

Chantelle trying her luck at fishing

Cray and Charlie went out again looking for the wounded Eland and were now just hoping to find him at least dead to recover the horns. Cray was feeling terrible, but it happens to all of us and just encouraged them to keep at it. That afternoon we took a short drive to see what we could see and saw several Buffalo and other animals. Came across a very big Civet cat and decided to take him as well for a beautiful mount.

Civet Cat

Cray, Kenny and Charlie returned to camp with a Red Flank Duiker and a nice 28†Roan. We saw plenty of Roan on a daily basis along with Kob, Duikers, Hartebeest and Bushbuck.

Cray with his Red Flank Duiker

Kenny, Charlie and trackers with Roan

Day 6 – My crew went fishing again down at a hippo pool and caught some more Nile Perch and returned to camp. The other crew with Charlie return to camp around 11am beeping the horn and singing, so we knew they had finally found the wounded Eland. They had been staying on the tracks for 3 days now, but the tracks kept going in circles and impossible to track, but they stayed in the same area hoping for miracle and they finally got it. They bumped into a hyena and saw a few vultures in a tree, so they narrowed down their search until they saw even more vultures which was both a good and bad sign. Good in that they would find the Eland, but bad because it would already be dead and the skin and meat ruined. They finally found where the old bull had decided to lay down and die, and it was in a spot that they had already walked by several times never seeing him. It was still a happy ending though as Cray still had the beautiful horns and an adventure that he will never forget.

The Eland when found after 3 days

Kenny with his Harnessed Bushbuck

Day 7 – Same program for my crew and we did some more fishing in the morning and I took a nice Western Bush Duiker. Cray, Kenny and Charlie went out looking for some of the Hartebeest that were always numerous everyday. As the hunting Gods often do, they could not find a shoot able Hartebeest all day.

Kenny with a Baboon

I also took a Western Bush Duiker

We had a great 7-days hunting and fishing and enjoyed every part of the safari. We heard lions almost every night along with Hyena. I enjoyed sharing a camp with Cray and Kenny as they were a hoot to be around. They hunted hard and got some excellent trophies and more importantly memories that they will never forget. I highly recommend this hunt to anyone who is looking for something different and a challenge. It is not an easy hunt, but the trophies you do take mean even more with the challenge. West Africa is nothing like Eastern Africa or Southern Africa, and you will not see as much game as you would in most other good areas in Africa. Although I will say that I saw a lot more game here in this area than what one would see hunting in Western Tanzania. There are so many Kob, Duiker, Bushbuck and Hartebeest that you can expect to see some sort of game or wildlife on a regular basis. It is not a cheap hunt, but nothing with quality is cheap these days, and the great Giant Lord Derby Eland or Bongo will not be around forever for us to enjoy, unless West Africa drastically changes. I would not hesitate in going back again and strongly suggest to anyone who is interested in the West African species not to delay in going on one of these great hunts.

Here are some other pictures from the safari.

Cray and Kenny trying to figure out the water system from this root.

You would bump into lions every now and then.

No shortage of Kob in this area and we found out why.

Harnessed Bushbuck

Skinning shed

Oribi

Bridge in front of camp over the river.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
That was wonderful. I enjoy the camp life photos.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Great report! I like the other than trophy shots also but the trophy shots are great.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Adam:

Great shots and some super animals. It seems you haven't lost your touch.

I got to tell you ol man, Chantelle still looks as hot as she was when she met us when we got off the plane in Tanzania in the Selous in 2002. Wink

It looks like Safari Trackers is doing well. Hope to hook up with you again for a hunt in the future.

Regards... Jim Petriello

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill 5248
posted Hide Post
Thanks for a great report. Love the pictures. Good show on that Roan! Bill

That which is not impossible is compulsory

Posts: 161 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
What a trip!! Thanks for sharing. That realy is an adventure. Glad that your freinds found their Eland and made the 100th bull in a row!!

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the best written reports I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Great photos, plenty of back story, and incredible tophies to boot. Congrats.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Awesome hunt and report Adam! Congratulations on your LD Eland (to go with your Bongo you lucky dog!!!)...and that Roan! I shot a 27" "Southern" Roan in the Caprivi, and they make super mounts especially on a larger form where one can appreciate the huge neck and body size.

The pictures are excellent. That "Kob-love" pict is classic. We watched two ele do it in the water on my last hunt in Deka. That was the one time that I didn’t have the camera along, but Ryan the cameraman filmed it and I can get some stills off of it if I can get a copy.

Full mount on the LD Eland???

Regards, Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Adam, congratulations.
Great report, great pictures.I dont know if I prefer the pictures of the trophies or the pictures of Chantelle. A beautiful girl.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Adam, excellent report and supe pics....Oh, how was Paris??? Big Grin

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the comments and glad you enjoyed the report. I really enjoyed this hunt and glad that I can share the pictures with you.

Bill, no full mount on this one but will do a beautiful pedistal of both the Eland and Roan.

Mike, I think I walked more in Paris shopping and sightseeing than I did in Cameroon! Had a good time, and just wish that the French were more friendly. Don't think I encountered any happy french people, but the American tourists sure did make their presence known. Saw more Japanese people than I thought I would. Also, Paris has to be giving India a run for their money on motorcycles! Never seen so many motocycles.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Roan Adam, congrats on a great safari. Enjoyed the report and the super pics. Good hunting, LDK

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Adam,

Great write up! Nobody deserves a 31" roan. Please! Pierre does a fantastic job and unquestionably he is the best in Cameroon. Douala as you have said is a complete surprise with the night life just amazing!!!!!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great report and super trophies, Adam! Congratulations on your sod of a roan and hunting a very unique area of Africa.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote