ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Re: What Questions to Ask the Outfitter/Booking Agent/References?

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What Questions to Ask the Outfitter/Booking Agent/References?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
That is very good information ...

At the end of the day in my experience from all I have heard over the years talking to hunters outfitters agents two of the biggest gripes are, PRICE & TAXIDERMY

1) Is the price ALL INCLUSIVE and if not then detail ALL the extras FULLY

2) The Taxidermy following the hunt is more important sometimes than the hunt itself ... in other words someone MUST take responsibilty to ensure the dip pack crate and dispatch details are clear and understandible as to whom will do what and also the costs involved, this is in fact a subject all by itself that might be worth expanding upon ... briefly ensure you discuss this aspect well before you depart from home for the hunt as tooooo many hunters forget about it untill the day of departure following the hunt and thats when the problems can occur in their absence unless there is a clear understanding on process and price .. Normally the Booking Agent or Outfitters MUST be the one to tidy up all these important details for you, and of cource your home taxidermist and clearing agent must give you the FULL & CORRECT information for the people back in Africa whom will be doing the shipping of your trophies ... At the end of the day minimise the risk by hunting with a recognised company or individual that has a track record, dont be guided by price alone as we all know from time to time it can come back to haunt us

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
T. Carr

Thanks for your list of questions, I used them with my PH at DSC and got them all answered. I am now much better prepared for my safari to Zim in June. CFA

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote