ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    More good news from West Africa - Cameroun
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More good news from West Africa - Cameroun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My partner Renaud has just returned from a very successful safari in Cameroun. They took an exceptional LD Eland especially good for Cameroun + a nice buff and various Antelope. He reported seeing a lot of Eland, buff and other game. We will be offering some of these hunts shortly. I am trying to see if we can get some good prices on the Eland for this year.

Dont miss the hammock

Nigerian Reedbuck

Western Kob

One big snake!

Nice Tiger

Western Hartebeest

The lady did most of the shooting. Renaud was lucky to get some good footage which I will add the link to once its been uploaded.

Thanks for looking.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
Tel: 914 310 4902 (NY)

Posts: 2538 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
beautiful, and some nice trophies too.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Very, very, very nice. Super eland and buff.

Not sure about that snake. Yikes!

FWIW, I believe the pictured reedbuck would have to be a Nigerian Bohor as the Nagor lives to the West and does not occur as far East as Cameroon.

If I am wrong, I apologize and I'm sure I will be promptly corrected and shredded.

Congrats to the hunter.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Nice trophies but that's a fine looking JRT too!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Love that black old LDE, and some snake hunting are fun to Smiler

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Real nice trophies, congrats to the hunter............but that's the damndest snake I've seen!

Posts: 144 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great trophies, but question the logic behind killing the snake as it was a non-venomus species.

Otherwise a great trip and exceptional LDE!

Congrats!

JW

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Loved that LD eland, you could not have gotten me close to that nasty snake.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will you are right that is a Nigerian reedbuck, I have corrected it, thanks. Am still in a Burkina state of mind.

Jeff, I agree I would not have killed the snake myself and for that matter don't like to kill a lot of the smaller animals like cats and monkeys and jackals. Maybe with age comes wisdom!

Posts: 2538 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they shot the snake for its skin, to be used for a pair of boots, etc.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wemmer:
Great trophies, but question the logic behind killing the snake as it was a non-venomous species.

Congrats!

JW

I'm with you on that Jeff.

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnfox:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wemmer:
Great trophies, but question the logic behind killing the snake as it was a non-venomous species.

Congrats!

JW

I'm with you on that Jeff.

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I most definitely would have killed the snake. One that big is dangerous, and it's a SNAKE, for crying out loud.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arjun and Renaud

fantastic trophies! The LDE and buff are super!

Maybe she wanted 30 pairs of python boots with a matching full length rain coat??!!!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TALL snake skin boots

Wink clap

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice trophies.

I will not make a judgment about the snake unless I knew all the circumstances . If it was in my room for example, I would have whacked it for certain .

Posts: 11975 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mohan
posted Hide Post
Very nice trophies. Congrats.

Posts: 97 | Location: columbus, ohio | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Thank you for posting very nice trophies! One less snake doesn't bother me in Africa.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Wonderful trophies. I don't see the big deal about the snake. If she wanted it as a trophy and the meat was used (which you can bet it was) who cares? I might not have interest in ever shooting a duiker, but I sure as hell wouldn't write on someones hunting report after they shot one that I don't know why anyone would ever shoot a duiker. Just saying.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Arjin fantastic.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful trophies!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good snake is a dead snake.
zero use for them except for boots

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cool trophies and pictures! Can you post videos of this hunt?

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I am a sucker for Eland, and that is a very good one. Damn, that is a huge snake!

She did very well.

Posts: 6253 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
Wonderful trophies. I don't see the big deal about the snake. If she wanted it as a trophy and the meat was used (which you can bet it was) who cares? I might not have interest in ever shooting a duiker, but I sure as hell wouldn't write on someones hunting report after they shot one that I don't know why anyone would ever shoot a duiker. Just saying.

Brett

tu2EXACTLY! tu2

Great trophies, congratulations.

Re: Duikers, I never have understood how anybody could shoot one of those cute little things! Smiler

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
quote:

Brett

tu2EXACTLY! tu2

Great trophies, congratulations.

Re: Duikers, I never have understood how anybody could shoot one of those cute little things! Smiler

Yeah.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely Trophies.Looks like areally great hunt.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
Wow! You guys are making me add Cameroon to the bucket list. Congratulations on some excellent trophies. That LDE is enormous!

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ragsxd
posted Hide Post
great pics.good hunt

Posts: 53 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Video from the hunt

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Anton for posting the video. Our hunts in Cameroun produce very good LD Eland and there are lots of buffalo also, CAR overall has bigger trophies of Eland but it is a tougher hunt as well. We can also offer hunts in Benin, buffalo and roan being the main trophies. The hunts are also much more reasonably priced when compared to Cameroun and CAR.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Great video; better than 99% of the "professionally" produced hunting shows on US TV (and about the same, if not more actual footage). And, I didn't understand a single word except "supEHR". Beautiful lady, beautiful trophies.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
great safari and lovely huntress also. The seladang videos are the best.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Angelica.... Will you marry me?
Smiler

Ski+3

Posts: 859 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of horn
posted Hide Post
greatttttttttttttttttt

Posts: 23 | Location: Italy | Registered: 15 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Awesome LDE!!!!

Great pictures and video.

Could do without the snake pictures. Due to the fact I HATE snakes not the fact that it was killed.

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophy. Great footage of the LDE stalk and kill.

Posts: 97 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
I might not have interest in ever shooting a duiker, but I sure as hell wouldn't write on someones hunting report after they shot one that I don't know why anyone would ever shoot a duiker. Just saying.

Brett

They eat so good!! Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote