Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homemade .50 BMG
 Login/Join

posted
hi sirs, i posted this site already in other forums cuz i would like to hear good and bad tthings about it so i can learn more about homemade guns.

http://www.geocities.com/riflesprecision/fotos.html

regards.

Posts: 1 | Location: Far away | Registered: 14 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What you need to do is go ahead and make your gun at home, a simple single shot will do. Then run it down to your local BATF office and let them inspect it for you.............JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Unless things have changed, there is no prohibition to making your own firearms, as long as they don't fall under class III, and all you need to do is put some sort of serial number or identification. No need to go the BATF or any other entity.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does that include my .50BMG 'over-the-shoulder' semi-recoilless I'm workin' on?! FLOL!

PS- Yes, I know......."Recoilless isn't."

Posts: 53 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 17 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of goneballistic
posted Hide Post
Can't speak for Godoy, but I'm sure that he is looking for technical advice and/or feedback, not legal advice. Godoy is not posting from within the US.
Fine looking rifle, Godoy! Please let us know how it shoots.

"The irony is, if you're willing to kill a perpetrator, you probably won't have to."

Massad Ayoob

Posts: 111 | Location: West Central Florida | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote