Find
Notify
Tools

Primer Failure (KaBoom)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
Using CCI Blue Box primers. I shoot a RH Steyr left handed so I'm a little bit messed up. Bolt stayed in the gun, but I still look like the shaving accident from "Airplane". I've shot a couple of hundred of these and never a problem. No recall or notice on the CCI website.

I'll put up some pics shortly

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly there were problems with the older cci primers. The newer "arsenal" ones, white box black lettering are what you want. Sorry to hear this happened. It's a scary thought.

If your a member of FCSA there was info on the forums about the primers. It was about 2 years ago I read about it so I'm sketchy on the details. I'm lucky to remember last week.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
check the lot # on your primers. If it's J29E you got the bad ones.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For my cartridge collection I purchased a .700 Nitro case which uses a .50 BMG primer. However, it does not come with the primer. Could one of you BMG guys please send me a primer. Perhaps a spent one would be better for mailing? I would greatly appreciate any help. Just PM me and I will send you my address. Or if you are in the Washington, DC area I can pick it up. Thanks

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
goshoot, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple spent primers. I was in the middle of loading some 50's over the weekend when my linkage on my press broke(those 50's are big cases to size)I'm waiting on parts at the moment but have a few spent primers I can send you.