New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadian snipers...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My brother sent me a video of Canadian snipers making hits on terrs at very long distances. Has anybody seen this video? Suffice to say the terrs do the same dance when hit by a 50BMG slug as do groundhogs when hit by 22-250 pill. All y'all p-dog shooters know what I mean...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This has been on you tube for some time. Type in afgan sniper

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This has been on youtube for some time. Type in afghan sniper.

I just got it a few days ago. The third one at 33 seconds is my favorite. The whistle at the end says it all...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thats a video of ppl hunting rockchucks. Those are'nt terrorists getting shot. This vid has been around a while

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are pretty brown fuzzy terrorists. Put your glasses on then watch the vid.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those are pretty brown fuzzy terrorists. Put your glasses on then watch the vid.

All I can tell you is what my brother told me. I don't bother to verify what I get from him. I just throw it up here for our mutual entertainment. If it's true, it's true. If it ain't, it ain't. I ain't gonna stress over it. I have much more important things about which to worry-- like how am I going to load up H380 in my AR and make it work with a 5% or 10% concentration of AA#5. Guffaws...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
History channel had a feature on "Modern Sniper" or some such. Anyway, a lot of long distance stuff. But what was really amazing was the shots at combatants hiding behind a concrete cinder block wall.

Sniper figured out the target position, loaded a penetrating tip explosive bullet round. Bam! Hole in the concrete wall and a huge red splatter on the wall behind the target cover.

Better than grass rats. No grass rat has ever tried to kill me.

One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
That is some Snipers in Afgan shooting animals, not terrorists. This was proven a very long time ago by the gusy who actually shot the footage and got in trouble. They got in trouble cause the could not account for all there missing ammo. Then the video was discovered on one of there YouTube accounts and they got in some trouble.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got to see that, they spoke to a few snipers including the one who made the longest confirm kill. interesting stuff

quote:
Originally posted by 0X0:
History channel had a feature on "Modern Sniper" or some such. Anyway, a lot of long distance stuff. But what was really amazing was the shots at combatants hiding behind a concrete cinder block wall.

Sniper figured out the target position, loaded a penetrating tip explosive bullet round. Bam! Hole in the concrete wall and a huge red splatter on the wall behind the target cover.

Better than grass rats. No grass rat has ever tried to kill me.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a Cdn corporal managed a 2400 meter kill shot in Afghanistan, amazing shooting. Used a custom McMillan in 50 BMG to make the shot, apparently with ammo they "borrowed" from a US fellow sniper team. Good shooting in any case. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PJS50
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan belisle:
Yes, a Cdn corporal managed a 2400 meter kill shot in Afghanistan, amazing shooting. Used a custom McMillan in 50 BMG to make the shot, apparently with ammo they "borrowed" from a US fellow sniper team. Good shooting in any case. - dan

Actually Dan, the American .50 sniper would do well if HE borrowed the ammo from the Canadians!
The Canuuk SF guys use "match grade" ammo in their .50's that they buy from a source in the US, while even our Navy SEAL guys are stuck de-linking crappy/2+MOA M2 machine gun ammo for their .50 rifles (gotta LOVE the US military supply chain, and their SLOW response time in getting newer/better products to our soldiers in the field)...

Yes the current-record one shot kill IS held by the Canadians, 2430 meters (1.51 MILES). That shot was ONLY possible because of the ammo they use (as well as their McBros equipment and much MUCH training of course). That group of Canuuk snipers won US Army Bronze Stars for their efforts too... Give the Canadians their props... Their sniper teams ARE 100% "professional" in every way... It's good that they are on our side...

Posts: 177 | Location: MI. | Registered: 04 October 2005Reply With Quote