Notify
Tools

Sabots in 50's
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
Hi All,
I need to move a 163gn .308" projectile at close to 4000 fps for 16 feet (accuracy is NOT an issue)

The 300 WSM is not up to the task, Does anyone have real experience with shooting Sabots from the BMG (with a brake on it). No one will actually be in the room when it's fired so I'm looking at damage to the gun, rather than damage to me as the limiting factor. Thanks to all in advance.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Collins, The muzzle brakes on many 50 cal. rifles are easily removable. You may be able to gain more information by doing a search at www.biggerhammer.net

Posts: 9 | Location: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: 08 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
why would you have to remove the muzzle brake? Military ammo SLAP uses .308 penetrator in a plastic sabot and does not have to remove it?

Confused

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WoW removing that m.brakes..Oh No,please don't do tat for mankind sake!U bound to really hurt yourself!!!I have a fren did tat ended up a dislocate shoulder!Even u r big guy,tat will almost gurantee a badly bruise shoulder!

posted Hide Post
the sabot will tear your brake off as the petals open right after it exits the muzzle. Also the slap specific barrel for windrunners was as getting spin grip was not possible that is why they use fins. accuracy will be very bad. you said it doesnt matter because you will be in another room so take the brake off. Do you mind me asking why?