Find
Notify
Tools

source for 5.6x50mm Rimmed brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted
Well, got that step up barrel Mike chambered in 6TCU. It also has a rim counterbored to accept the rimmed version. My ? is: where can I find some so as to give it a try? May come in handy on those soon....to be cold hunting days. Thanks for any help.
Jeff

p.s., only looking for 50 or so cases.

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I have 3 boxes of new RWS brass (60 pieces). Contact me if you would be interested in it.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beaumont, tx | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jffrybrght, Are you looking for 5.6X50R brass or 5.6X45 brass; the latter is usually used to make the TCU line of cartridges?

Contendernut, If Jffrybrght doesn't take your5.6X50R RWS brass, let me know as I'd be interested. Will be out of town until next Mon on prairie dog hunt so don't worry if I don't respond right away. [Wink] Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted Hide Post
Gary, 5.6x50Rimmed as the barrel has a rim counterbored and the previous owner said it would be 5.6x50. Hope he's right!!
Jeff

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jffrybrght:
Yes, 5.6x50R Brass will work, but you will have to trim them about .2". They are the same diameter but about .2" longer.

Outback

Posts: 119 | Location: Highland, IN USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote