New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone heard of a 375-284JDJ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was just wanting to know if anyone knows anything about this round. Anything information would be better than I have now. [Frown]
Thanks Tony

Posts: 132 | Location: Anacortes WA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, but the .375x.284 has been around since the 60s at least and has been cataloged all along by RCBS in the custom dies section.

I guess you could change the shoulder angle a few degrees, increase the shoulder diameter a few thous., and then be justified in adding three initials, but the end product can't be much different from the original which has been around for about 40 years or more.

P.O. Ackley has some data for it in his "Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders, and it may also be listed in the Wolfe Publishing's "Wildcat Cartridges."

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, Didn't Dr.Larry Rogers (AKA "The Hitman") have an XP 100 in 375/284? Gary T. [Confused]

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a xp100 in the guns america site in this cal and was just thinking about a new toy [Big Grin] Yea wishful thinking. [Frown]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The XP-100 on the Guns America page is a 375/284 that SSK did.

I was looking at it to when it first hit the page ,but I think he is a little high on the price.If it was a full house job with the finnish and trigger job it might be a better deal.But no brass or bullets just dies????????.

It will do 2400fps+ with a 270gr bullet.

Wade

Posts: 219 | Location: indiana | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wade,
Thanks for the information and the heads up on price.
Tony