New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mike's oversize hinge pin
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does this help a new contender shoot better or is it for a stretched hole? I see everyone referring to it like it improves accuracy. Somewhere I got the idea it was for a streched hole. Not that dumb just dont know!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Posts: 40 | Location: nashville | Registered: 13 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
read my post a little way down and judge for your self. !st test of the ransom rest
Rich [Cool]

Posts: 139 | Location: Powell WY | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Ok I'll do my best to answer your question correctly. Maybe a couple of others will back me up if I miss something or state it wrong. As I understand it some hinge pin holes are just more out of tolerances than others. So some hinge pin holes are just a little too big for the standard size hinge pin & that allows the barrel to move when the round is fired. So the Bellm oversized hinge pin is then an option to keep the barrel from shifting while the round is fired. Which then can cause the barrel to shoot better groups due to a more secure lock up.

I believe that Mike recommends certain times to use this oversized hinge pin on his website at www.bellmtcs.com . I have used his pin in my contender barrels & frame in the past with good results. I'm sure some of the others could explain it better. Check Mike's site & get the info right from the source.

Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote