Find
Notify
Tools

Matt Gram's "New Site"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Fella's:

I'm having trouble accepting this "NEW" Matt Gram, and his site.
Yes. I know Mike Bellm has ststed here to give him a chance, andI have visited his site and know may of you have too. But I find his new attitude just too hard to accept.

I am not the same man as my father. He was a Marine, a Boy Scout Leader, and a Sunday School teacher in the Lutheran church that he belonged to. I burnt my draft card, was a Boy Scout Leader, and attended a fundmental Bible Church.

Close, but different. BUT, my father taught me TRUTH, JUSTICE, and GOD are the only way. He taught me to offer the "Olive Branch" as well as to accept it. But he also taught to be carefull when something does not smell right.

Something just does not smell right here fellas. [Confused] [Confused]

MY Opnion!

[ 09-07-2002, 17:23: Message edited by: LRHA-Shooter ]

Posts: 94 | Location: Watsontown, PA. USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I trust it much, myself. I have dropped in there to see what's going on there. I just don't understand Matt's angle on this. Can't help but think there's something sneaky going on. I'll watch it for a while & see if anything comes of it.
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Den,
I'll be the 1st to agree with you. And lord knows I hope no body judges me by my dads actions/attitude else I could just throw this whole mess out the window and revolve my life around a dollar bill and trust no one.

I like to keep an open mind tho and even if I never register or make a post over there I will participate in the live chat in an effort to support Paul aka 1/4 Miler.

I really find it hard to believe that this is all a plot or coup as I don't see what would be gained by it. I think everyone will just have to follow his or hers own conscience on this one.

For now tho this is the forums site with the info and alot of people have settled here most of what you'll see over there for awhile will just be 'double posts'

Hang in there Den
Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
I completely agree with your skepticism, and simply want to make one point: What do we have to loose?

The worst that can happen is that we see the little fish swimming close to the big fish, and we all leave the new pond. The best that can happen is that Matt really is different from his father, and we discover a new friend to our group and have fun discussing our interests with another similarly minded person.

After all, if it didn't work out, what is he going to do? Take away our birthdays? There really is not anything of real risk here.

So to my thinking the potentials for good things to come of this outweigh the risks if he is not sincere. I am very cautiously skeptically optimistic if that makes any sense [Smile]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, one thing I just noticed as I compared the registration language of Matt's forums with the Accurate Reloading forums, is that they only differ in one significant detail:

"As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised."

This smells too much like the Old man's attempt to claim copyrights over all posted material at GBO.

Since I create the majority of my posts in Microsoft Word before I ever copy and paste the text to the forum, my copyrights to my material are without question, as they were not "created" on the webspace of the forum. Plus it is simply OUR creative material and not anyone elses.

I would be interested to understand the parameters of the legality of "agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database" does this inlcude the text of my posts, or simply my personal profile?

Matt, would you please clarify this? I have NO intentions of allowing ANY my posts, pics, etc to become someone elses copyrighted property and material simply because I post it to a forum.

A posative statement such as "your posted text, pictures and material (so long as they are not someone elses creation) are your OWN copyrighted material and intellectual property, and do NOT belong to this forum or anyone else" would be very helpful and comforting to those of us who were surprised at your father's insistance that all our posts at the Pond were HIS property.

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
I completely agree with your skepticism, and simply want to make one point: What do we have to loose?

yes Sean I think their is SOMETHING to loose.
Now this not NOT hammering you...just my opinion.
Maybe they think that offering another site will help DILUTE this one...buy us seeing a new GB OUTDOORS....some will go to the new site with the NEW attitude. That might even win some of the members here BACK to GB.

Just another look at this.
I myself have no reason to become a member of another site. All the info needed seems to be here anyway... Diluting this forum would be a BAD thing.

And is it TRUE?? he Burned his draft card?? did he really Avoid going into the military??
Maybe I read another post and got it wrong....But I will not Help Vote in another Clinton and will not help a Draft dodger with a forum.

to each his own....But he(matt) is right...best go into this EYES WIDE OPEN.

Fireball [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fireball:

I burned my draft card, not Matt.

No I did not dodge the draft.

The lottery system gods smiled each year on me with an extremlly high lottery date, and I was never called. Remember, I said I was the son of a Marine, my father's and my opnion of that war may have differed, but I am the son of a Marine.

The moral code that I try to live by starts with "On My Honnor, I Will Do My Best To Serve God And MY Country"........

Posts: 94 | Location: Watsontown, PA. USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
The moral code that I try to live by starts with "On My Honnor, I Will Do My Best To Serve God And MY Country"........

--------------------
As i said maybe I read it wrong....I Have worked worked 5 15 hour days in a row! I am tired and cranky!........ Sorry I understand.
I Still have NO reason to join another forum.

Maybe AFTER I SEE the light
Fireball [Wink]

<Matt G SSF>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Sean HHI #7364:

Matt, would you please clarify this? I have NO intentions of allowing ANY my posts, pics, etc to become someone else's copyrighted property and material simply because I post it to a forum.

A positive statement such as "your posted text, pictures and material (so long as they are not someone else's creation) are your OWN copyrighted material and intellectual property, and do NOT belong to this forum or anyone else" would be very helpful and comforting to those of us who were surprised at your father's insistence that all our posts at the Pond were HIS property.

Sean, I did not put the statements that you are referring to in the forums, When I set the forum software up that was all the default info and was plugged in there automatically, there is also something about being over 13 which tommyn had a problem with,( would not let him log on till his parents said it was ok) I corrected his account and resolved that with him, as I have tried to resolve everything that has popped up about the new forums.

Anyone that visits the forums can look and see just who is the moderators of the site, I am not one of them. The moderators of the site are : 1buba, buckweet, GonHuntin, mssmagnum, clev(XP Forum as it was requested by him). I do not have moderator status on the system, though I am the Administrator, all I do is make sure the site stays up and running, I do not delete posts, I don't have time to read each post every day as I have a real job that takes most of my time, any one that has been in the live chat with me knows this.

But back to the subject at hand, I will take the wording that you gave me, and as soon as I can find where I need to place it (find what file holds the verbiage in question) I will change it.

Now as for doubts about my reasons, and what I have to gain, I don't have anything to loose and nor do any of you and only new friends to gain, as I stated to Mike over the phone, This is the only way that I can give anything to the sport at this time. This is were I have knowledge and this is what I can share.

As to my attitude, I don't see what is so hard to accept about it, or where the problem with it is, a little clarification on this would be nice.

Knowledge Is Power, Share It.
Matt

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Now as for doubts about my reasons, and what I have to gain, I don't have anything to loose and nor do any of you and only new friends to gain, as I stated to Mike over the phone, This is the only way that I can give anything to the sport at this time. This is were I have knowledge and this is what I can share.

As to my attitude, I don't see what is so hard to accept about it, or where the problem with it is, a little clarification on this would be nice.

Matt

Matt
I don't know how to explain what I'm feeling as far as, your concerned. It is just really strange. I believe that you posted that you were still working on your father's site & starting this one.

That right there is a conflict in my mind why would you start another forum that for all intensive purposes compete & possibly hurt your father's site. What if your site really took off & slowly caused your father to decide he doesn't get the right amount of visits for him to remain on? What would you do then close shop? Or would you continue on & shut him down?

Why would you do a duplicate of what you are doing for GBO? Are you doing this solely for your own enjoyment? Are you looking to make changes that your not allowed to do over there? If your not doing it to make money or compete with this forum or GBO's what is your motivation? As I remember it, your not even an avid shooter. This just doesn't feel right !

When I get this kind warning from inside I pay attention to it. You may only have good intentions on this, & time will tell. I just will watch everything very closely until I'm convinced that I was wrong or something proves me wrong. [Confused]

As for meeting new friends that is great! I don't have to go to another site to get that. I get that right here.I don't even mind you posting & taking part in discussions here. I would really like to tell you it's nothing but,I can't Right Now.

Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Matt G SSF>
posted
quote:
Matt
I don't know how to explain what I'm feeling as far as, your concerned. It is just really strange. I believe that you posted that you were still working on your father's site & starting this one.

Rich, I continue working as it is a site that I am paid to maintain, I make money doing it, and that is the type of business I am in.

quote:
That right there is a conflict in my mind why would you start another forum that for all intensive purposes compete & possibly hurt your father's site. What if your site really took off & slowly caused your father to decide he doesn't get the right amount of visits for him to remain on? What would you do then close shop? Or would you continue on & shut him down?

I believe what you meant to say was "for all intents and purposes" and no that is not my intentions, what you don't seem to understand is that this site "AR" and GBO are much more than just the "single shot pistol / T/C Handguns" forums, they have many, many forums other than these. GBO nor AR would shut down if they were to lose visitors. That being said, why would they lose visitors to begin with? As the site I set up is geared toward single shot pistols and rifles of all types and the things that go along with or is related to them. Plus the fact that I am setting the site up this way I am able to build the whole site around one particular type of firearm allowing a larger collection of information about it to be found. Not to mention the fact that I have never tried to get anyone to leave one site and stop posting or visiting it and only visit the one I set up.

quote:
Why would you do a duplicate of what you are doing for GBO? Are you doing this solely for your own enjoyment? Are you looking to make changes that your not allowed to do over there? If your not doing it to make money or compete with this forum or GBO's what is your motivation? As I remember it, your not even an avid shooter. This just doesn't feel right
Again I am not duplicating GBO, GBO covers a wide range of topics, firearms, issues, and more, the new site however covers just the one type of firearm and related topics. And just because I do not shoot in general as much as all of you, does that mean that I enjoy it less or that I am not allowed to get involved in it in anyway other than reading the posts already posted by others and only posting on forums that are already out there? I just don't see how having a site dedicated to one topic or type of firearm is a bad thing or how it will take away from or hurt other sites that contain this type of information. Also Single-Shot Forums.com has links to other sites, including this one, and by doing this I hope to be able to link as many of the other sites that I can find that have information about single shot firearms together. And by linking so many sites together that pertain to or are related to single shot firearms, I am able to score higher on the search engines so that someone searching for this type of information can find it more easily and have more or less a directory of links to information related to it, and be able to join in and share and learn with everyone else. I mean is this a bad thing? As I have said before, this is how I am able to help further the sport, by making it easier to find information on it, and thus getting and keeping more people involved in it.

quote:
When I get this kind warning from inside I pay attention to it. You may only have good intentions on this, & time will tell. I just will watch everything very closely until I'm convinced that I was wrong or something proves me wrong.

And I can understand this, and I am not saying you should not be this way. But you said it yourself, time will tell, if I do not have good intentions and I am trying to trick somebody it will all come out, but then were would the benefit be? Sooner or later it would all come out then the people on the site would stop visiting it, I mean what could I do, lock peoples computers so that they can only view the new site, then make them post there? I just don't see why people think there is so much to risk by setting back and watching the site to see if it will turn out to be a good source of information and help the sport. Nor do I understand why people seem to have to continue to stir the pot and attempt to prevent it from even having a chance to prove itself.

Matt

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Nor do I understand why people seem to have to continue to stir the pot and attempt to prevent it from even having a chance to prove itself.

Matt

Matt
As I have already stated I will watch it closely. I will not do anything to prevent it from proving itself. I just find it hard to believe that you could be still working closely with GBO & your father and still be objective. It seems that your father takes every opportunity to take cheap shots at Mike when the argument is over & I can't see how you can remain neutral in your position.

Also if I were looking to prevent you from succeeding would I have gave you the suggestion that I did the other day?

Look no matter what you say the fact that you are so closely associated with GBO. That is where the mistrust comes in. I think it would be a lot easier to accept if you were not affiliated with GBO. I am not saying that you should leave there either. It just would make it easier to accept.
Good luck

Rich Jake

[ 09-08-2002, 17:59: Message edited by: Rich Jake ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I registered there right away.I see no need to be skeptical.Just because GB is GB doesn't mean Matt will act the same.I hope not anyway.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
I still think that Matt is just using the new site for another way of sales and demigaghics. Using the cookies put on your computer to get trends for sales.

fireball

<Matt G SSF>
posted
quote:
I registered there right away. I see no need to be skeptical. Just because GB is GB doesn't mean Matt will act the same. I hope not anyway
smallfish, Thank you for your willingness to at least give me a chance.

quote:

I just find it hard to believe that you could be still working closely with GBO & your father and still be objective. It seems that your father takes every opportunity to take cheap shots at Mike when the argument is over & I can't see how you can remain neutral in your position.

Rich, please define "closely", as I have yet to ever say how closely GB and I "work", yes, I still maintain the GBO site and keep it running, I however DO NOT work with him in making discussion on how GBO is operated, nor do I discuss with him the on goings of the GBO site. the association that I have with GBO is strictly professional and nothing more. I do not agree with him on the way he runs "HIS" forums and I do not agree with attacking someone and not letting them have a chance to counter, or defend themselves and I have made this very well known to him and everyone else. Now as to how I can remain neutral, Well I am not neutral, I completely disagree with him on the matter, I don't share his ideas and I don't think he is right, I assume that it is your way of thinking that because I am related to him that I have the same views as he does, well this is in no way even close to true. I share absolutely NONE of his ideas when it comes to the sites, how they should be run, or who should be allowed to post, what should be allowed and what should not be, I just don't agree with him on it.
I run my computer business kind of like Burger Kings slogan says, "Have it your way", and he does, that don't mean I agree with his way, but he pays me for a job and I do it. If you went into burger king as asked for your burger with fries on the burger and some ranch dressing, do you think they are going to tell you "no"? I don't think so , they are going to take your money and then when you turn around are going to look at each other and say "can you believe that guy" that is more or less the way I see it, hey if he want to run "His" site that way then that is fine with me , as long as he pays me for the work I do, I don't care. So ask yourself, Do you share the same views and Ideas of "EVERYONE" you are related to, note I said everyone, then think about it.

quote:
Look no matter what you say the fact that you are so closely associated with GBO. That is where the mistrust comes in. I think it would be a lot easier to accept if you were not affiliated with GBO. I am not saying that you should leave there either. It just would make it easier to accept.
Good luck

Sorry, but again I am not closely associated with GBO, I make money from it, money that pays my bills, just as you do from your job, I mean you are a Police Officer right? Do you agree with everything that everyone does, that includes all the "Good" and "Bad" cops? Do you share all the same Ideas as all of them? Just because you are associated with them by being a Police Officer yourself?

And as to the leaving GBO, I do not post on GBO other than "job related" so that makes no sense to me.

quote:
Also if I were looking to prevent you from succeeding would I have gave you the suggestion that I did the other day?
First, I never said you was trying to prevent it from succeeding, I was speaking in general, that was not aimed at anyone in particular, and as for your suggestion, it was a very good one, and one that I was already working on as I told you, and it made me feel good that others would have the same "IDEAS" that I had. and again, Thank You very much for it, it was a very good Idea and I am in the process of implementing it.

Also I would like to point out that you and Sean both brought up very good points and that they did indeed need to be addressed, so please don't think that I feel as you or Sean are trying to stir the pot in any way. I also hold nothing against anyone that does not wish to participate in the new site.

Also if you or anyone else has questions that they feel is left unanswered then ask, and I will do my best to answer them.

Now for Fireball,
quote:
I still think that Matt is just using the new site for another way of sales and demigaghics. Using the cookies put on your computer to get trends for sales.

fireball

If you would please tell me how it is you think that I can get, left me spell it correctly for you, "demographic" information from cookies, or if you know something that I do not about cookies then by all means please share your wisdom, but if not then go to this link, http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/bulletins/i-034.shtml and read about them, then come back with enough knowledge about them to talk with me on the subject. I can get more information about you by reviewing my server logs than I can from the cookies that are placed on "your computer", by "my server" <--- please note that they are placed there by my servers so I already know what is in them, the cookies just make it easier for one to find this information, but don't take my word for it, go to your cache folder and view the information in the cookie yourself, here I will give you the exact information that is in the cookies that are set by my servers.

Anyone who has visited the new site and registered will find a cookie on their computer with almost the exact same data as below
phpbb2mysql_data
a%3A2%3A%7Bs%3A01%3A%22autologinid%22%3Bs%3A32%3A%225c69542a80ccdd666b09de9dad3625ee%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22userid%21%3Bi%3A3%3B%7D
cbdent.com/

boy, I sure can get a lot from that, cant you all. I mean man if I can get this much info from everyone that visits the new site, hey I could be a millionaire real soon, yeah what ever. And as for the personal attacks you seem to feel you must make on me, well I have a forum set up just for that, care to join me in a battle of wits over there? No, I didn't think so, you talk so bad about GBO, and GB but yet you seem to visit the site, and post there, as much if not more than you do this one, hmmmm a little strange don't you think. Any way Good day to you and yours fireball. (Oh by the way , please don't act as if you have not been to the new site, as we both know that you have, I have the server logs.

I would also like to thank everyone that has jumped into the Live chat and helped Paul and mssmagnum make something of it, and those who have not let there differences with GB stop them from giving me a chance.

Matt

"Get to know me while I am here, Once I am gone it will be to late"
Matt Graham, The Hackers Underground 1989

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
You know what Matt I can see this is getting no where. You are going to do what you think is right & your entitled to.

As far as what I do for a living I don't remember posting that. Where did you get that idea from? You've pretty much confirmed what I was thinking all along. Good luck with your new site. I think that I will be staying right here. [Smile]
Rich Jake

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OpenedEyes:
[QUOTE]I will take the wording that you gave me, and as soon as I can find where I need to place it (find what file holds the verbiage in question) I will change it.

Matt,

Thank you for addressing this issue. Your response lays to rest the majority of my "unease" with your forums, and I feel like I can now post freely w/o worry of someone trying to claim my posts as their copyrighted material. Thank you [Big Grin]

<Matt G SSF>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Jake:
You know what Matt I can see this is getting no where. You are going to do what you think is right & your entitled to.

As far as what I do for a living I don't remember posting that. Where did you get that idea from? You've pretty much confirmed what I was thinking all along. Good luck with your new site. I think that I will be staying right here. [Smile]
Rich Jake

Rich, GB talked quite fondly of you about 9-11 and the emails you two shared, that is how I got my info, remember, we havent always been ill towards one another.

Sean, Thanks.....
Matt

[ 09-09-2002, 07:55: Message edited by: OpenedEyes ]

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Rich, GB talked quite fondly of you about 9-11 and the emails you two shared, that is how I got my info, remember, we havent always been ill towards one another.

Matt
I would like to talk to you about this, but not on the forum Any suggestions? I would have sent you a PM but you don't have a email address listed or PM set up. Or you can email me at richjake73@hotmail.com
Rich Jake

<Matt G SSF>
posted
rich, go to the live chat, I am there now and will be glad to talk to you about it.

http://ssf.cbdent.com

Matt

<Fireball>
posted
Oh by the way , please don't act as if you have not been to the new site, as we both know that you have, I have the server logs.

and you Matt would know this by the cookies that are put on my computer WITHOUT my permission...And yes that alone is illegal and we both know that know don't we. Since I have not registered with your new site then that is really not allowed by law. Second the use of cookies BESIDES helping someone quickly navigate your new site is for you to use information stored on computers that have logged onto your site to get sales...demographics(spelled well enough?) to get profiles on their users. Find how many times you log on to a site and where you have been....among many other activities that the members here will find if the research it won't they? Again all Illegal unless permission has been granted.

And as far as you knowing about my postings on Graybeards??? hee hee You claim to NOT participate in anyway with the GB(gangbang forum) other than work on the site..lol More BS.
Funny you would need to come onto a good and informative forum and try to recrute members for yours......When was the last time a Ford salesman went onto a Chevrolet car lot and pushed Fords??
You ways are wrong and your words Smell like the old man....
Like I said before time will tell.
Funny but the devil has way to disguise himself as something usefull and good....and Honest...I really hope you are not doing this...a year from now we will see...and again....you HAVE NOTHING at this time to offer the Shooting Enthusiast as of yet...and as I see it you are looking for members of this group to make your site Usefull
Why not just stay here as a member and tell us how to make a TC more accurate and fun to shoot??

Fireball........and for Jules.........Lonnie......lol

<Fireball>
posted
Oh Matt and as for picking on ones spelling..At my age being tired after work and typing when tired WITHOUT the reading glasses is something you will not learn about for awhile.
and if your finger took a size 16.5 ring you might hit some wrong keys also.
I grew up with what they call Dislexia..it was and has been a very hard road to hoe...But I make over 100K a year two homes...Have three straight A Kids one a pilot in the airforce to go defend your right and your fathers to put people down!
But picking on ones spelling and grammer really shows your immaturity.
But that is OK.....Yes I still have lots to learn.....but this is the way it is.
Your father has rediculed bashed and reduced some ideas to mere MUD at the bottom of the pond.
Your Vote from me will only come from works of you........No BS ....No hey I hate my dad crap...Just time and proof you are real.

UNLEARNED people can still learn
Fat people can loose weight.

But ugly people are cursed till death

Which are you?.......lol

Fireball [Wink]

one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
Matt,
I'm giving the site a chance. Did want to mention though, I had no idea I was a moderator... What does this entail? I'm building 4 web sites right now, should be working more on Mike's and have a job where I am "officially" working a job that classifies me as doing "2+ headsworthe". Not sure how that works, but I do know that it takes alot of time...

steve

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Matt G SSF>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Fireball:
and you Matt would know this by the cookies that are put on my computer WITHOUT my permission...And yes that alone is illegal and we both know that know don't we. Since I have not registered with your new site then that is really not allowed by law. Second the use of cookies BESIDES helping someone quickly navigate your new site is for you to use information stored on computers that have logged onto your site to get sales...demographics (spelled well enough?) to get profiles on their users. Find how many times you log on to a site and where you have been....among many other activities that the members here will find if the research it won't they? Again all Illegal unless permission has been granted.

Fireball, You show your wisdom in your post, but I am afraid that it is lacking, a) if you have not registered you should not have a cookie from the new site, I know you have been there because I have access to the posting logs of GBO as I do handle all the behind the scenes work there, thus I can get your IP address and track it in my server logs, hmmmm still got a hang up about cookies do you, well register at the new site, then view your cookie and tell me what you see, it will be almost identical to what I posted above, and as to being illegal... well you have the ability to NOT ALLOW COOKIES in the first place, if you do not do this and allow them then how am I breaking the law? oh by the way, LETS ALL SUE YAHOO and the other sites that set cookies on our computers with out our permission, hey none of us will ever have to work again, Fireball you really should not go into a battle of wits unarmed, it shows you are not real bright, I will battle with you about computers all day, as I do know what I am talking about , over 18 years and counting, not saying I know everything but I know a whole lot, otherwise I would not be able to have the successful business that I do.

Back to your demographics issue, why would I care, where other people have been, and how can I get that from my cookie? hmmm I would really like to know the answer to that one if you would be so kind as to enlighten me. What will it do for me, how will I make money from it, Please tell me, hey I might have a new career here. What you fail to understand is when you visit the new site, "YOUR" computer sends my server certain information as does every other computer in the world as this is how they are made, it sends the last URL you was at, Sends the type of OS your computer is running, Sends your screen resolution, sends the Browser you surf with and its version, Sends the Local time and date on your computer, Sends your IP address, and several other things all with the %ENV% command which stands for Environmental Variables, These are sent to the servers without a request for them, this is how, the server knows who you are and this way it can send you the data that you have requested, with out this the server would just be lost as to who wanted what, All I can say to you is pick up a book on HTML, PERL, CGI, PHP, JavaScript, and any other Scripting language that deals with the web then after you have some knowledge come back and then we can discuss this in a more intelligent manner, otherwise, do not accuse me of doing something that , for one can not be done, and two that I have no need for and if I did could get with out a stupid cookie.... Where is the money in it I ask you... Please Tell me I want to know..

Oh and just for the record I have never said I hate my dad, I said I don't agree with him, that is all... And I am glad that he can understand that and not have a problem with it, unlike you..

And to my knowing of you posting on GBO, I don't read your posts but I see them in the logs, as it is part of my job to review them, again if you had any knowledge on the matter you would know this...

Matt

<Matt G SSF>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by 1buba:
Matt,
I'm giving the site a chance. Did want to mention though, I had no idea I was a moderator... What does this entail? I'm building 4 web sites right now, should be working more on Mike's and have a job where I am "officially" working a job that classifies me as doing "2+ headsworthe". Not sure how that works, but I do know that it takes alot of time...

steve

Steve, really nothing, I don't guess, as I don't want posts deleted from the forums unless, you or one of the other moderators feel that they should be, other than that nothing, just giving you control over the site.. So it is not a Dictatorship if you know what I mean. Don't worry no real work involved.. just ask buckweet.. [Big Grin]

Matt

<Dalton>
posted
I have setup a login to Matts site and will be posting there. I also still post on GBs site. The more sites the better as far as I am concerned. More places to learn and share info.
[Big Grin]

<Fireball>
posted
Ok Matt I throw in the towel burry the hatchet.
I registered on your site.
we will take it from their.

Fireball [Wink]

<Matt G SSF>
posted
I welcome you as I do everyone else, and Glad to have you. Hatchet, Buried..... [Smile]

Matt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's start posting there then,shall we??? [Smile]

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Legal action for cookies.. I like it! it goes right along with my current gripe. I think pop ups should be against the law. i'm paying for my internet srevice, and someones putting ads over top of it! That's legal? if I pay for cable TV and a third party put commercials over top of the show I'm watching, I THINK they'd be some public out cry for lragl action. Yet pop ups we have to live with!? B.S.!

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote