Find
Notify
Tools

209x50 ENCORE Pistol
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted
Has anybody tried the 209 X 50 muzzleloading barrel in the Encore pistol? How does it shoot?

Thanks for any information?

X

[ 06-16-2003, 21:21: Message edited by: x-caliber ]

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
<Vic L>
posted
I have a VVCG barrel in 50 cal and I love it. My barrel is 13" and has quite a bit of blast and flash but is fun to shoot. I used it successfully last muzzle season to take a nice doe. I can't tell you whether to go 15" or shorter but I think you will enjoy it either way. More velocity and less flash in the 15 but 13" is pretty handy. Of course if you decide to go factory it will be 15" My barrel and I both like 80 grains of pyrodex pellets and a 245 grain powerbelt.

Vic L

one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
Thanks Vic,

That's just the kind of information I was looking for. Have you ever shot it through a chronograph? What kind of groups are you getting?

Thanks,

X

<Vic L>
posted
Sorry no chronograph. As for groups I have had two touch but 2-3 inches at 100 yds is more the norm. I didn't practice as much with it last summer as I plan to this year.

Vic L.

one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
I would be more than happy with 2-3" groups at 100 yards with a hunting handgun. I would be using it to hunt wild hogs with and my maximum shot distance would be 100 yards. Would you feel confident in the killing power/accuracy at that distance on a 300 lb. hog?

Thanks Vic,

X

<Vic L>
posted
having never shot a hog I really can't say. I would think that a 15" barrel could probably burn 100 grains of pyrodex pellets and take a 295 grain powerbelt. I would also think that a well placed shot with that load would be effective.

Good luck,

Vic L.