Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting gloves for big bores???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of McClura
posted
How many of you use shooting gloves while shooting the big bores? I have heard of a few but can't remember who made them.
What are your feelings on using gloves when shooting the big cannons?
Just got a Ruger Bisley in 45LC and like to shoot it but was wondering if a glove could help me get more shots before resting the hand.

Mike

Posts: 311 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 17 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Past shooting gloves palm is padded on the dominate hand order accordingly. [Big Grin] midway has them. [Smile]

[ 06-11-2003, 05:37: Message edited by: sr25 ]

Posts: 63 | Location: ga | Registered: 12 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Northern Safety carries an anti-vibration glove No. 170-8091. It has wrist support also. Give these a look.

http://www.northernsafety.com/cart/cart.cfm

Bill

Posts: 247 | Location: Butler, PA | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike

Check out the weightlifting gloves at your local wallyworld......they work great for me.

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The ones I use with my .309JDJ and .375JDJ were made by PAST.

Chimere was another brand that offered them.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I havent been using them but have been considering it since the 405! [Eek!] Think i will look at the PAST.....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAS 323
posted Hide Post
I use a mountain biking glove (Giordana De Rosa). It has a lot of pading and re-enforced web area. Also good for biking.

Posts: 113 | Location: NE PA | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
Past work great, especially for long shooting sessions with the .454, .45-70, or the .50 Alaskan. After about 20 rounds without the gloves, I'm ready to stop. With the gloves, I can do a whole load workup at one setting, and that usually involves at least 50 shots.

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
i have Uncle Mike's shooting gloves.
Leather gloves with half fingers.
Shock arbsorber patches tames the recoil. Great to shoot FA with full house in .454 Casull and .50 AE.

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a pair of fingerless neoprene gloves you can find in the fishing section of your local discount store, work great.
One thing I've noticed is, if I zero a gun in with gloves on, P.O.I. changes with gloves off. I'd be interested to know if anybody else has experienced this?

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've a used a PAST glove for years. Like it with the Contender, hate it with revolvers. I use it with all my calibers (when I don't forget it) to keep my grip feel consistant.

[ 06-11-2003, 20:53: Message edited by: cas ]

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KTS1:
One thing I've noticed is, if I zero a gun in with gloves on, P.O.I. changes with gloves off. I'd be interested to know if anybody else has experienced this?

Yes, I have seen this, too. Your grip changes so your mechanics are different.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I don't spend a lot of time shooting anything larger than about .480R (although I used to)my opinion may be pointless but I HATE the PAST glove(s).

I use motorcycle gloves, weight lifting gloves,
lightly padded shooting gloves...prefer bare handed, but totally understand the long day issue.

The PAST glove just has this big hunk of 'recoil absorbing material' poorly incorporated into the glove. When I first bought it I couldn't believe the poor 'ergonomics' of the glove.

Maybe I just need to spend more time trying to work with it but I just threw it in an old bag and haven't had it out since. Just too bulky/awkward/unnatural feeling.

No flames please, JMHO.

Enjoy,
XWind

Posts: 203 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote