New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP-100 ?s
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw an XP-100 in .221 FB the other day and bought it. I have never owned one and need to know alittle about it, like how to remove the bolt for starters. Nothing else I can think of at this time, but is there a manual online? Any info that applys is appriciated. Where the heck is the bolt release latch? The tigger fells great very light. No scope, no case, but in nice condition.

Posts: 157 | Location: Kenosha, WI | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ammohouse
posted Hide Post
Ernie, where you at?
I don't have an XP, my bolt pistol is a Sako action.
I would figure it would release like any Remington, but you would've already tried that.
Somebody with a XP will chime in soon I'm sure.

*we band of 45-70ers*

USAF AMMO Retired!

Posts: 246 | Location: from TEXAS, stationed in South Dakota | Registered: 02 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnnyB:
how to remove the bolt for starters.
Where the heck is the bolt release latch?/QUOTE]

As you hold the gun normally there will be a spring loaded latch on the left side of the action (inside the action on the left side that will be touching the back of the left bolt lug.)
Take a small screw driver or punch and simply press down the latch and pull the bolt out.

Let me know if that works for you.

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
There is more XP info here

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
QUOTE]
As you hold the gun normally there will be a spring loaded latch on the left side of the action (inside the action on the left side that will be touching the back of the left bolt lug.)
Take a small screw driver or punch and simply press down the latch and pull the bolt out.

Let me know if that works for you.[/QUOTE]

Ernie...that worked out fine. It took me a few minuntes to figure out you have to go in from the rear of the guns action adjacent to the bolt. But I got the bolt out. It is not easy to find. I guess I don't feel to dumb anymore. Thanks for the help. Now I can give it a good cleaning.

Posts: 157 | Location: Kenosha, WI | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gun Cat....Thank you too. Your info. was very easy to follow. Pictures and all. Great. Thanks again for the info. I printed this out so I can get it totally disassembeled.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you happen to notice two little screws on the left side of the action(reciever)? Those two screws can removed and a WONDERFULL little thing called a "MacMillan Bolt Release" can be installed there! It's so efficient! No more clamoring for a a nail or other peice of metal(a Leupold scope ring/base torx screw wrench works wonderfully!!) to push the release lever down. Just press the fore end of the release and slide the bolt out almost effortlessly!! Charlie(GHD)

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tim_Ryan
posted Hide Post
quote:
MacMillan Bolt Release

GHD,

I have been looking for these for quite a while. Where can you buy them?

Thanks,
Tim

"I want to see you shoot the way you shout"

TR (the original)

Posts: 103 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote