THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which wood forearm for 10†TC bull barrel ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted
For 15 years my TC Contender collection has consisted of a singular Super 14 barrel (FWIW its a 7-30 Waters) I recently picked up a 10†bull barrel (45 Colt) and in a separate deal I bought a forearm advertised as fitting a 10†bull barrel.

As the picture (below) shows my 10†barrel and forearm don’t work together. The mounting hole in the wood is about 3/8†too far forward.

1-Which forearm do I need for my 10†barrel ? (I’ll call TC this week unless someone has a cheaper/quicker source)

2-What does the short forearm I have actually fit ?

Thanks in advance for your info.

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It may not be the best solution but you can use your forearm for the long barrel on the short barrel using only one screw.

One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsmit50:
It may not be the best solution but you can use your forearm for the long barrel on the short barrel using only one screw.

Oh I've done that already, but I would like to find a short forearm. You know what they say...its just as important to look good as it is to be good Cool

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
Anyone know which T/C model the shorter forearm in my picture fits?

(Note the 3/4" long stepped barrel channel)

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

one of us
Picture of C. A. Plater
posted Hide Post
That is an odd looking forearm. None of the ones in my inventory have the step and the hole looks too far out. I've also never seen a T/C barrel with anything like that profile. Perhaps it was made for an early custom barrel.

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -- Thomas Jefferson
http://tcbunch.com

Posts: 181 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 21 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
GunCat
I checked my T/C any I do have a fore end thet fits this profile. It goes to a 10" octagonal barrel. I just run 12-14" fore ends on all my guns. That way I don't have to keep up with things when I change between 10 and 14" barrels.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guncat

In case you did not find what you were looking for Contact Tony at 218-739-2819. He is cheap and will make anything you want.
Hammer